Kodi Community Forum
Playlist for live RTSP streams with specified playback time - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Video Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=264)
+--- Thread: Playlist for live RTSP streams with specified playback time (/showthread.php?tid=363214)

Playlist for live RTSP streams with specified playback time - wohylber - 2021-06-22

Using Kodi (LibreELEC box) in order to play an ip-camera stream works perfect. I just put the rtsp:// address in a *.strm file and Kodi shows it flawlessly whenever selected to play. However, since I have several (>5) ip-cameras, I would like Kodi to play one RTSP-stream for a specified amount of time, and then switch to the other RTSP-stream for a specified amount of time, and so on. Naturally, I would like to let it loop.

Basically one would just need a simple playlist for this, with RTSP-streams. However, so far I could nowhere find out how to specify to let a live RTSP-stream only play for a specified amount of time (as it is a live stream) and then move on to the next stream in the playlist. So far I know, neither M3U or Kodi's XSP playlist format have options for doing this (which work in Kodi).

Hence, my question is whether anyone know how to create such a playlist (which playlist format?), and if this is not possible within Kodi whether there are any options to do this in any other way?

RE: Playlist for live RTSP streams with specified playback time - Burrrrrton - 2021-06-22

Maybe you need an additional utility that will manage information flows? Have you tried to find such a solution?

RE: Playlist for live RTSP streams with specified playback time - wohylber - 2021-06-24

(2021-06-22, 15:33)Burrrrrton Wrote: Maybe you need an additional utility that will manage information flows? Have you tried to find such a solution?

Ehm, "a utility to manage information flows"? I don't quite get what you mean with that. Maybe you can elaborate why such a utility is what I need?

On a normal computer with VLC I can use the XSPF playlist format, as it supports controls for VLC like: <vlc:option>run-time=48</vlc:option>. However, Kodi does not support XSPF and probably neither supports controls which are specifically for VLC.

What I just need is a simple playlist which Kodi can handle for some live video-streams (RTSP). However, since it are live streams, the playlist needs to be told how long to playback a certain stream and switch on to the next stream, as it are not video files with a fixed duration.

RE: Playlist for live RTSP streams with specified playback time - wohylber - 2021-12-22

After searching for several months, I haven't been able to solve this issue yet, even I'd say a very simple solution should be available as Kodi plays the RTSP-streams flawlessly when the RTSP-url is given in a *.strm file.

Hence, I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge regarding advanced playlists, and especially regarding advanced controls within M3U8-playlists (HLS?) as it seems Kodi can handle these well. It should be as simple as play rtsp-stream #01 for 15 seconds, then play rtsp-stream #02 for 10 seconds, then rtsp-stream #03 for 20 seconds and then start all over again. Anyone?

In case this cannot be done by playlists, maybe any clue how this can be done with any scripting language?