Kodi Community Forum
v19 Cosmic - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: v19 Cosmic (/showthread.php?tid=363714)

RE: Cosmic - heppen - 2021-12-26

Hey Smile
It's a bug which I did not correct :/

RE: Cosmic - Greyskull - 2021-12-27

Hi, Thanks for the skin & Xmas update. I recently moved from a build to Cosmic (1st skin ever)...struggled with set-up but now good. Just 1 issue; 🤔...when I select "Play..****"
the only options are YouTube & UPnP. Can I add the option to play directly via other add-on I have installed & if so, how?

RE: Cosmic - heppen - 2021-12-27

This option is managed by themoviedb helper add-on. Please check this wiki page: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/wiki/Player-Function

RE: Cosmic - Greyskull - 2021-12-28

Thanks, you tried, but this is beyond my very limited ability. Was hoping it would  be simple to amend/add to external players but apparently not. No worries...I can still get there....it's just a few more clicks.

RE: Cosmic - TheGoosty - 2021-12-29

Hey @nfm886!

Really loving the skin and simplicity of it!

I had a few questions I'm trying to figure out:

1. How do I replace the title of the movie/tv (homescreen view) to the clear logo instead of the title in default white text. I have seen some of your screenshots with it.

2. For the landscape aspect ratio (widgets), how do I get the clear logo on those? Right now it's just a landscape photo of the film. Not a specific scene but a generic landscape photo. I turned on landscape art but that didn't seem to do anything. In my widgets I have the aspect ratio set to fanart.

3. For the background image when highlighting over a movie or tv show the photo in the back is very dim. Its not blurred just dimmed. In your screenshots it's alot lighter and visible. How do I achieve this?

Thanks,
Adam

RE: Cosmic - Coxwell91 - 2021-12-30

Ive tried following your youtube setup for this new cosmic skin but find it confusing.  Ive tried following it visually at lower speeds but can you do an audio explanation or written?  Really want my build to be your netflix style setup in your video.  Thanks and keep up the great stuff.

RE: Cosmic - gRullo - 2022-01-02

(2021-10-21, 20:44)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 19:30)chewiiie Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 19:00)nfm886 Wrote: Hi Smile
I changed the look of the classic layout. That's why background is now not full screen Wink

Ah. Too bad we don't have a choice. I've enabled widgets for most entries of the main menu so the black portions of the screen are now populated. And removed the global background since it is hidden anyway. It is less weird now.
I would just have liked to have no widgets on the main menu like on the beginning of your video with full background behind the menu (not blacked out).
I will consider adding option to hide those bars and resize background fanart to be on fullscreen but currently I'm enjoying free time Smile

News by any chance ?  I have same issue with vertical layout.

I love this skin but I really would like to set fullscreen backgrounds using vertical layout. (thers no bars to hide, just the option to resize the background using this layout. Too much black portion right now)

Thank you

RE: Cosmic - heppen - 2022-01-02

(2022-01-02, 02:04)gRullo Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 20:44)nfm886 Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 19:30)chewiiie Wrote: Ah. Too bad we don't have a choice. I've enabled widgets for most entries of the main menu so the black portions of the screen are now populated. And removed the global background since it is hidden anyway. It is less weird now.
I would just have liked to have no widgets on the main menu like on the beginning of your video with full background behind the menu (not blacked out).
I will consider adding option to hide those bars and resize background fanart to be on fullscreen but currently I'm enjoying free time Smile

I love this skin but I really would like to set fullscreen backgrounds using vertical layout. (thers no bars to hide, just the option to resize the background using this layout. Too much black portion right now)

Thank you
I added option called "Bring me back this F' Classic!" which brings back Classic layout to be more classic. So without those silver bars and with fullscreen background fanart.

(2022-01-02, 06:24)nfm886 Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 02:04)gRullo Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 20:44)nfm886 Wrote: I will consider adding option to hide those bars and resize background fanart to be on fullscreen but currently I'm enjoying free time Smile

Thank you
I added option called "Bring me back this F' Classic!" which brings back Classic layout to be more classic. So without those silver bars and with fullscreen background fanart.

Awesome! it worked for me! thanks a lot 

just last request btw... any chance to fix the automatic trailers in background to start again switching between movies ?  right now it starts on a movie but even if you switch movie it keep play the previous one until the end.  

Thanks

(2022-01-02, 15:39)gRullo Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 02:04)gRullo Wrote: News by any chance ?  I have same issue with vertical layout.

Thank you

just last request btw... any chance to fix the automatic trailers in background to start again switching between movies ?  right now it starts on a movie but even if you switch movie it keep play the previous one until the end.  

Thanks
Glad it working for you. 
About trailers, hmm.. I will try but can't promise anything. If everything will goes well, it will works today's evening Smile

(2022-01-02, 02:04)gRullo Wrote: News by any chance ?  I have same issue with vertical layout.

Thank you

Thanks
I think I fixed it... Could you please test it: https://github.com/nfm886/skin.cosmic/archive/refs/heads/master.zip and confirm it working? Smile

(2022-01-02, 16:48)nfm886 Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 06:24)nfm886 Wrote: I added option called "Bring me back this F' Classic!" which brings back Classic layout to be more classic. So without those silver bars and with fullscreen background fanart.

Thanks
I think I fixed it... Could you please test it: https://github.com/nfm886/skin.cosmic/archive/refs/heads/master.zip and confirm it working? Smile

Yes it Works now !  Cool  is it possible to set the delay to play trailers shorter than 4 sec ? Like 1 or 2 , to be more responsive between switches ?

(2022-01-02, 17:01)gRullo Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 16:48)nfm886 Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 15:39)gRullo Wrote: Awesome! it worked for me! thanks a lot 

Thanks

Yes it Works now !  Cool

Yay! Smile
Quote: is it possible to set the delay to play trailers shorter than 4 sec ? Like 1 or 2 , to be more responsive between switches ?
It's possible but I won't do this. It's too short and may have impact on performance and overall experience. You can always enable manually started trailers Smile This way you can control when it will plays.

(2022-01-02, 17:04)nfm886 Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 17:01)gRullo Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 16:48)nfm886 Wrote: I think I fixed it... Could you please test it: https://github.com/nfm886/skin.cosmic/archive/refs/heads/master.zip and confirm it working? Smile

Yes it Works now !  Cool

Yay! Smile
Quote: is it possible to set the delay to play trailers shorter than 4 sec ? Like 1 or 2 , to be more responsive between switches ?
It's possible but I won't do this. It's too short and may have impact on performance and overall experience. You can always enable manually started trailers Smile This way you can control when it will plays.
 You could set 1 and 2 sec options with a big advice in brakets "At your Own risk"  Big Grin   I would like to test it on my hardware and chose whats the best experience for me , but anyway , even if you wont do it thanks a lot for your time and effort

(2022-01-02, 17:10)gRullo Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 17:04)nfm886 Wrote:
(2022-01-02, 17:01)gRullo Wrote: Yes it Works now !  Cool

Yay! Smile
 You could set 1 and 2 sec options with a big advice in brakets "At your Own risk"  Big Grin   I would like to test it on my hardware and chose whats the best experience for me , but anyway , even if you wont do it thanks a lot for your time and effort
Yeah but it require too much work to implement. This is designed to work with at least 4 seconds Smile