Kodi Community Forum
Solved Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Picture Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=265)
+--- Thread: Solved Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow (/showthread.php?tid=364086)

Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - kiboy6 - 2021-08-21

I 've used keymap editor to edit gen.xml such that pressing "5" on the remote takes a screenshot.

I set it to do so both globally, within pictures, and within slideshow. This works without issue in general to use the "5" button to take a screenshot throughout my kodi setup.

However, if I press info during picture slideshow to show image name and date etc  and then press "5" then no screenshot is taken.

Anybody have any idea how I can get it to take this screenshot while the picture info dialogue is displayed? I like to take a screenshot of that info so I know where to find the source image when looking at the screenshots at a later date.

Many thanks if anyone can help Smile

RE: Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - fsurfer - 2021-08-31

(2021-08-21, 20:53)kiboy6 Wrote: I 've used keymap editor to edit gen.xml such that pressing "5" on the remote takes a screenshot.

I set it to do so both globally, within pictures, and within slideshow. This works without issue in general to use the "5" button to take a screenshot throughout my kodi setup.

However, if I press info during picture slideshow to show image name and date etc  and then press "5" then no screenshot is taken.

Anybody have any idea how I can get it to take this screenshot while the picture info dialogue is displayed? I like to take a screenshot of that info so I know where to find the source image when looking at the screenshots at a later date.

Many thanks if anyone can help Smile
It may or may not help, I use an app Lightshot (Windows or Mac)

RE: Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - kiboy6 - 2021-08-31

(2021-08-31, 07:10)fsurfer Wrote:
(2021-08-21, 20:53)kiboy6 Wrote:  
It may or may not help, I use an app Lightshot (Windows or Mac)

Thanks so much - but I need to take the screenshot within Kodi (running on a Coreelec box). Kodi's inbuilt screenshot function works great - I just can't get it to take a screenshot of the picture info dialogue.

Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - Hitcher - 2021-08-31

Just tested and it's working for me so we're going to need some more info.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

RE: Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - kiboy6 - 2021-09-15

Thanks so much for looking into this - sorry for late reply

here's the log
https://paste.kodi.tv/movozazejo.kodi

Here's what is happening as described in the log:
1.) I navigate to within kodi pictures to "IMG_9645.JPG" then select that image to display it fullscreen. 
2.) With that image shown full screen i press my preassigned global screenshot remote key . This key is "5" on my remote control
3.) That screenshot is saved successfully (as "screenshot035.png") in the screenshot folder
4.) With the image still being displayed full screen in kodi, i press the info key on my remote to bring up the photos's info dialog on top of the fullscreen image.
5.) With this info dialog on screen i press "5" again, attempting to take another screenshot. Nothing happens. I press "5" once more. Still no screenshot is taken

Any idea how I can take a  a screenshot of the photo info dialog?

Thanks so much for looking into this!

RE: Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - Hitcher - 2021-09-15

It's only picking it up as screenshot once HandleKey: five (0xf035) pressed, action is screenshot, the other 2 times it's just the number 5 HandleKey: five (0xf035) pressed, action is Number5. So you might need to add another map for the number 5 for the window pictureinfo.

RE: Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - kiboy6 - 2021-09-16

(2021-09-15, 19:00)Hitcher Wrote: It's only picking it up as screenshot once HandleKey: five (0xf035) pressed, action is screenshot, the other 2 times it's just the number 5 HandleKey: five (0xf035) pressed, action is Number5. So you might need to add another map for the number 5 for the window pictureinfo.

Thanks so much Hitcher. I use the keymap editor addon to assign the "5" keypress and i had thought that doing so under "global" and "picture slideshow" would have been sufficient. Thanks for alerting me to the fact that pictureinfo would need it's own mapping. 

Only issue is that I don't think this is possible using the keymap editor addon? At least I couldn't find a way to do so. Do you know what xml edit would be necessary to achieve this?

Thanks again - very kind of you to help out Smile

RE: Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - Hitcher - 2021-09-16

profile/keymaps/gen.xml

RE: Take screenshot while info is shown during slideshow - kiboy6 - 2021-09-17

Got it working. Thanks again!