Kodi Community Forum
Release Support thread for Autostop addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release Support thread for Autostop addon (/showthread.php?tid=365429)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-03-17

(2022-03-17, 00:42)routir Wrote: PVR playback is not properly identified when switching channels without stopping the currrent one.  I don't get the logic. Shouldn't it count each stream as a different media? Now I just get sudden stops.

Ironically this is the opposite of the previous question.  Kodi does not provide a simple video stopped indication when you switch PVR channels so the counter continues like it is a single stream.  You should be getting the notification popup that playback will be stopping if you have the notification option enabled in the addon settings..  That will give you the option of extending the stop timer vs. the sudden stop.  I have looked and I could do something like query the PVR stream which is playing when I check for playback and save the current stream.  Then the next time I check for playback (every 10 seconds) I could compare the current PVR stream to the previous one.  If they match the stop counter continues on.  If they don't match then reset the stop counter, like video playback currently operates.  If you could check your notification settings and let me know if it is working, that would be great.

Thanks,

Jeff

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - routir - 2022-03-18

(2022-03-17, 01:19)jbinkley60 Wrote: If you could check your notification settings and let me know if it is working, that would be great.

Notification works. 
What I wish is to have the notification max time extended up to 10 minutes if possible. 
Thanks!

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-03-18

(2022-03-18, 00:48)routir Wrote:
(2022-03-17, 01:19)jbinkley60 Wrote: If you could check your notification settings and let me know if it is working, that would be great.

Notification works. 
What I wish is to have the notification max time extended up to 10 minutes if possible. 
Thanks!

That's a fairly easy update.  I'll likely change it over to minutes, extend to 10 minutes and drop the 30 second notification.   I'll see if I gt any other requests from the otehr conversation and then post an update for folks to test, prior to submitting to the Kodi repository.

Thanks,

Jeff

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-03-30

I have submitted a pull request #2248 for version 1.0.5 of the Autostop addon.  You can wait for the automatic update from Kodi or you can download it here.  

Here are the changes with this version:

- Added 300 and 600 second options for playback stop notification.
- Added check to ensure both playback stop and notification timers
  aren't set to 10 minutes creating a logic loop and instant
  notification on playback start.
- Added Autostop addon icon to notification messages for easier
  identification.

Thanks,

Jeff

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-04-03

Pull request #2248 was approved today.  Version 1.0.5 should update from the Kodi repository over the next couple of days.

Jeff

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - routir - 2022-04-06

Just updated.
Works like a charm!
Thank you!

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-04-06

Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - KiwiString - 2022-07-22

Hello! Thank you for the Addon.

Is it possible to use this for a (smart)playlist? To stop/pause the playback after X episodes/time?

I use a smart-playlist with randomized episodes and would like to let Kodi stop the playback after some time or episodes.

Thank you
Kiwi

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-07-22

(2022-07-22, 23:26)KiwiString Wrote: Hello! Thank you for the Addon.

Is it possible to use this for a (smart)playlist? To stop/pause the playback after X episodes/time?

I use a smart-playlist with randomized episodes and would like to let Kodi stop the playback after some time or episodes.

Thank you
Kiwi

You can use it to stop after a certain amount of time (0-180 minutes) but not after X number of episodes.  Currently it doesn't track / count episodes.  I'll give some thought on what it would take to track episodes.  My concern is that the logic could get very complex between the various counters and Kodi activities.

Thanks,

Jeff

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - KiwiString - 2022-07-23

Stopping the playlist playback after x time would be enough (for now). But this doesn't work, correct?
If I play 30+min items in the playlist and set Autostop to 180min, the trigger will never hit.

Thank you
Kiwi

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-07-23

(2022-07-23, 01:19)KiwiString Wrote: Stopping the playlist playback after x time would be enough (for now). But this doesn't work, correct?
If I play 30+min items in the playlist and set Autostop to 180min, the trigger will never hit.

Thank you
Kiwi

How are you playing your Smart playlist, with the Kodi play from here function or some other way ?   Are you saying you have a smart playlist with 30 small items but the total time for all of them is greater than 180 minute and the sleep timer isn't kicking in ?  If so, it's possible that when Kodi is moving from one video to the next it is resetting the sleep timer value back to zero.  The challenge here is knowing whether the user ended playback (which resets the sleep timer) or Kodi did when cycling through the videos. 

Let me know move about the exact setup and I'll try to test it.  I am pretty sure I tested this use case with the play from here function and it worked fine.  It might be time for me to add a Wiki page to GitHub so I document these things..

Thanks,

Jeff

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - KiwiString - 2022-07-24

Quote:How are you playing your Smart playlist, with the Kodi play from here function or some other way ?
I play the playlist from the "home-menu" with those settings:
Kodi Skin: Aeon Nox: SilVO
Code:
- MENU
 - Menu-item label: Show Random
 - Action: PlayMedia(special://profile/playlists/video/PLAYLISTNAME.xsp)
Rest is more or less default, no other addons installed, except for the skins dependencies | Kodi 19.4 | Tested on Fire Stick TV and Windows
The library itself comes/syncs from the "Kodi for Jellyfin" addon. Not sure if this is important
Quote:Are you saying you have a smart playlist with 30 small items but the total time for all of them is greater than 180 minute and the sleep timer isn't kicking in ?[...]
The challenge here is knowing whether the user ended playback (which resets the sleep timer) or Kodi did when cycling through the videos. 
The playlist is a full show/all seasons/random-order. It will run without Autostop/manually for quite some time Smile - the total time is greater than 180 minutes, yes
Use-case here is: Open Kodi, hit the the playlist from the main-menu and let the "show" run, in random order, and if the person that is watching falls asleep or is otherwise occupied - stop after 180min

Thank you!
Kiwi

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-07-24

(2022-07-24, 08:21)KiwiString Wrote: - Action: PlayMedia(special://profile/playlists/video/PLAYLISTNAME.xsp)

Can you post a couple of lines from the PLAYLISTNAME.xsp file ?  Not the entire file just a few entries.

(2022-07-24, 08:21)KiwiString Wrote: The library itself comes/syncs from the "Kodi for Jellyfin" addon. Not sure if this is important

I don't think it will make a difference but I've never tested with Jellyfin.  I have tested with other uPNP sources / addons. 

Give me some time to try and reproduce this issue.  I suspect the autostop addon is seeing the playback stop then restart as your playlist cycles from one video to the next and this is resetting the playback timer.  I may add an option setting to allow up to 10 seconds of playback stop time before the timer is reset back to 0.  Give me a couple of days to look at this and make sure I don't break anything else.  I may have a test release for you to try and I do need to work on that Wiki page.... Smile

Jeff

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - KiwiString - 2022-07-24

Re-installed/defaulted the addon and just tried again.
I created a new playlist with music and shorter settings: and now it works!
The other playlist works also now, I tried 10minutes, not 180.
Not sure what I did wrong. Sorry for the false issue - and more user error 🙂

One question regarding the settings.
What does "Sleep Timer Pause Adjustment" None, Pause, Reset do?
And the toggle "Sleep Timer Playback Stop Option" is just to allow playback to stop, correct?

Nevertheless, thank you for the quick help

RE: Support thread for Autostop addon - jbinkley60 - 2022-07-24

(2022-07-24, 11:57)KiwiString Wrote: One question regarding the settings.
What does "Sleep Timer Pause Adjustment" None, Pause, Reset do?
And the toggle "Sleep Timer Playback Stop Option" is just to allow playback to stop, correct?

Nevertheless, thank you for the quick help

Sleep timer pause - Adjusts sleep timer when playback is paused.  None = no change to timer.  Pause = pause sleep timer during paused playback and resume when playback restarts.  Reset = pause sleep timer during paused playback and reset back to 0 when playback restarts. 
Sleep Timer Playback Stop Option - Adds option to stop playback when the sleep timer extension option is set to variable.  Default is disabled.

Setting the sleep timer pause option to reset would cause the behavior you were seeing if you paused playback while the sleep timer was set and counting.  The Sleep Timer Playback Stop option adds a menu item to the sleep timer extension.  I do need to get the Wiki created.  I'll work on it this week.

Thanks,

Jeff