Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition (/showthread.php?tid=366400)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2022-12-05

Have fixed the cond visibility of label "Jump to Letter" on bottom bar even if this isn't possible due sort order. Wink

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - xphilipp - 2022-12-09

First i apologize for the delay in answering: I incorrectly set my notification settings on this forum :/
Quote:Could You explain this a bit more? I don't know about tweaks in upcoming Nexus on the base skin 

Sure. See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22001 for details.

TLDR:
1. The Favourites dialog is now replaced by a Favourites window
2. You can set the layout for this window: wall, list...
3. You can define this window as your startup window (Not used here as I disabled everything except the Favourites menu)
Quote:> How did you build this - or how can this create on base skin using the existing possibilities?

1. I installed kodi-20.0-Nexus_beta1. 
2. In "Skin Settings > Main menu items", I disabled every items except the "Favourites" item.
3. Then I edited the Home.xml file to:
    3.a hide the left navigation control.
    3.b shrink the black left pane as the navigation control is now hidden.
    3.c ajdust the Favourites window so it fits the space we just gained.

Code:

@@ -2,3 +2,3 @@
 <window>
-    <defaultcontrol>9000</defaultcontrol>
+    <defaultcontrol>14100</defaultcontrol>  <!-- focus on Favourites window instead of the navigation control -->
     <backgroundcolor>background</backgroundcolor>

@@ -35,3 +35,3 @@
             <control type="group" id="2000">
-                <left>462</left>
+                <left>80</left> <!-- move left the content of the Favourites window -->
                 <animation type="Conditional" condition="Control.IsVisible(20000)" reversible="false">

@@ -520,4 +520,4 @@
                         <bottom>0</bottom>
-                        <onleft>9000</onleft>
-                        <onright>9000</onright>
+                        <onleft>700</onleft>            <!-- left of the Favourites window: focus on the power/setting pane -->
+                        <!-- <onright>700</onright> --> <!-- right of the Favourites window: do nothing. personnal choice here. -->
                         <onup>14100</onup>
@@ -834,5 +834,6 @@
                 <include content="ContentPanel">
-                    <param name="width" value="522" />
+                    <param name="width" value="164" /> <!-- reduce width of the left navigation pane -->
                 </include>
                 <control type="fixedlist" id="9000">
+                    <visible>false</visible>           <!-- Hide the left navigation control (id:9000) -->
                     <left>0</left>
@@ -1028,7 +1029,7 @@
                 <control type="grouplist" id="700">
-                    <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
+                    <orientation>vertical</orientation> <!-- power/setting pane displayed vertically -->
                     <itemgap>0</itemgap>
                     <left>-8</left>
-                    <width>480</width>
-                    <height>110</height>
+                    <width>164</width>   <!-- reduce width of the power/setting pane  -->
+                    <height>600</height> <!-- maximize height of the power/setting pane -->
                     <top>100</top>
@@ -1102,3 +1103,3 @@
                 <top>30</top>
-                <left>90</left>
+                <left>20</left>                  <!-- move left the Kodi Logo on top of the screen -->
                 <control type="image">

regards,

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - xphilipp - 2022-12-09

Note that completly removing the navigation pane is a very personal use-case !

With a little more work on "home.xml", it is possible to only shrink the navigation pane (id:9000) by displaying only the navigation icons.
It gives you access to the usual navigation icons, and it achieves the same objective if you display only the favourites item.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - VelimirSaban - 2022-12-10

Quick help, please. I reinstalled KODI today and set up this skin from scratch. I edited my home screen and configured widgets but I can't select the second row of widgets. It does not work. Am I missing some addon? I can only move horizontally on the first widget row, and cant skip down to the second.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2022-12-10

That's a known bug - and no solution. It may help moving the menu entry to the the first four positions: https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary.modv2/issues/92

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - VelimirSaban - 2022-12-10

Thank you for confirming that this is a known bug. I'm using Odroid N2+ with CoreELEC. It was working fine today before I decided to factory reset my device. I installed all the same add-ons back but now it's bugged. I'll create one row widgets, not a big deal Smile thanks!

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2022-12-10

@xphilipp In the upcoming version of Matrix/Nexus I've changed the orientation of power/settings/search menu to vertical. It's in my github repo now.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - frodo19 - 2022-12-11

(2022-12-10, 23:23)_BJ1 Wrote: @xphilipp In the upcoming version of Matrix/Nexus I've changed the orientation of power/settings/search menu to vertical. It's in my github repo now.

Hi Jesch, I hope this just an option. I use this smaller menu from the beginning of the skin, and I like it, as it is, not as it looks here. Thanks for your work. Smile

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2022-12-11

I did not plan to create an extra option for this. Personally, I find the new arrangement better:

There is only simplifyed up/down in the navigation and no longer left/right in the power menu navigation, which is especially confusing in the small menu.
Using a (Gyro) Mouse, the control is much easier.
After loading the menu, the focus is on the first entry of the navigation menu, as it already was.

Unfortunately, you can't please anyone. What one likes, another dislike it.

Regards

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - frodo19 - 2022-12-11

No problem,  than I will save the xmls before this, and paste back, the changes when upgrade the skin.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2022-12-11

Ok, because You've done so much for this skin, I've added an option that switches to old behaviour just for You  Wink

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - xphilipp - 2022-12-11

(2022-12-10, 23:23)_BJ1 Wrote: @xphilipp In the upcoming version of Matrix/Nexus I've changed the orientation of power/settings/search menu to vertical. It's in my github repo now.
Awesome. I don't have to edit the home.xml after every update.
You created the perfect skin for my use-case !

Quote:Ok, because You've done so much for this skin, I've added an option that switches to old behaviour just for You
Good idea. I didn't want to start a drama for such a personal preference.  Tongue

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2022-12-12

Estuary Mod V2 3.4.2+matrix.13 / 4.0.2+nexus.13
  • smaller fixes and textures updates
  • fix cond visibility for label 'Jump to letter'
  • fix incorrectly resolved condition while showing seekbar, when 'use small OSD' was not set
  • add Flix view to music videos
  • set info dialog metadata to invisible if trailer is playing
  • set power/settings/search/fullscreen menu buttons to vertical orientation if smaller main menu is set (see screenshot above)
  • add missing video info window if fullscreen video info is not set

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - psbguy - 2022-12-12

Thanks for the update

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - crazyturk - 2022-12-13

Thanks for your work.