Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition (/showthread.php?tid=366400)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - frodo19 - 2023-01-29

Matrix is ended up, no more bugfixes for that.. Like or not, but thats the true .
Nexus stable is out, but there is  no more development just bugfixes. Kodi 21 Omega is under development.

I'm with _BJ1.

The skin ready for matrix, lot of extra time to develop 2 line.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - spl147 - 2023-01-29

your missing my point, but anyway.

where is the pull request that fixes #65?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - rover55 - 2023-01-30

Firstly, this Skin is truly awesome.  Thank you so much for all the work done.  I love the Movies, TV Shows, Sets and all of the extra information available.  I'm still finding more things that make this skin wonderful.

I am running Nexus 20.0 on Windows 11 as well as Android (Shield TV) and Pi4 (Libreelec).  Skin Estuary MOD V2 Version 4.1.0+nexus.1 on all.  They work very well.

I have one question about Music Views.  Specifically, the Wall and Info Wall (Posters).
On standard Estuary, there is extra information in the left Panel that would be nice in the MOD V2 version.
Below is the Estuary version:
And the MOD V2 version

Have I missed a setting that would show the Track information?

There is a similar issue when you go into the album and less information is shown.

Many thanks

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - Ninodemon - 2023-01-30

Does Dolby vision work in estuary mod or I need maven specifically for that?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - M3Rocket - 2023-01-30

(2023-01-30, 04:39)Ninodemon Wrote: Does Dolby vision work in estuary mod or I need maven specifically for that?

Estuary MOD 2 is a skin. DV support depends on the player used within Kodi, not the skin?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - Ninodemon - 2023-01-30

Yes my fault and maven is a build right? Is there a good player I could use with my skin setup already or best to just get maven?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-01-30

(2023-01-30, 01:15)rover55 Wrote: Have I missed a setting that would show the Track information?

Will be fixed with next update.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - NeoCortex - 2023-01-30

First of all, I love the skin.  It does 99% of what I want out of a skin and the level of customization is excellent.  That said, there's two little options I'd love to see in a future update:
1.  Allow me to toggle the image mask for discart off.  My discart is a combination of CD images or vinyl record images (when available).  So what happens with the default mask is it cuts out most of the center if the image is of a record.  In my own fork of the skin, I just remove the mask image and it works perfectly since my images have correct transparencies.  A toggle in the skin options would be great.

2.  Give the option for using album fanart instead of artist fanart when available.  If I'm listening to a soundtrack for instance, I prefer to use fanart related to the movie instead of for each artist.  So just an option to prioritize album fanart if there is any would do it.

Not sure if these are popular enough ideas to be worth the trouble of implementing, but just figured I'd suggest them to save me the trouble of having to periodically fork off my own modified version of the skin.

(2023-01-30, 15:56)NeoCortex Wrote: Allow me to toggle the image mask for discart off.  My discart is a combination of CD images or vinyl record images (when available).  So what happens with the default mask is it cuts out most of the center if the image is of a record.  In my own fork of the skin, I just remove the mask image and it works perfectly since my images have correct transparencies.  A toggle in the skin options would be great.

I can remove the transparency for the inner hole in the mask. That should do the trick. I don't want to add another option in settings, otherwise it becomes too much.

(2023-01-30, 15:56)NeoCortex Wrote: Give the option for using album fanart instead of artist fanart when available.  If I'm listening to a soundtrack for instance, I prefer to use fanart related to the movie instead of for each artist.  So just an option to prioritize album fanart if there is any would do it.

I don't think that's possible. Music fanart is related to artist, composers etc, not to movie or album fanart. So far I know they are named to just fanart(.jpg). Correct me if I'm wrong. If there is a file structure/naming that differs between artist and album maybe I find a solution.

(2023-01-30, 17:13)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2023-01-30, 15:56)NeoCortex Wrote: Allow me to toggle the image mask for discart off.  My discart is a combination of CD images or vinyl record images (when available).  So what happens with the default mask is it cuts out most of the center if the image is of a record.  In my own fork of the skin, I just remove the mask image and it works perfectly since my images have correct transparencies.  A toggle in the skin options would be great.

I can remove the transparency for the inner hole in the mask. That should do the trick. I don't want to add another option in settings, otherwise it becomes too much.

(2023-01-30, 15:56)NeoCortex Wrote: Give the option for using album fanart instead of artist fanart when available.  If I'm listening to a soundtrack for instance, I prefer to use fanart related to the movie instead of for each artist.  So just an option to prioritize album fanart if there is any would do it.

I don't think that's possible. Music fanart is related to artist, composers etc, not to movie or album fanart. So far I know they are named to just fanart(.jpg). Correct me if I'm wrong. If there is a file structure/naming that differs between artist and album maybe I find a solution.

Yeah, I figured adding an extra option for the discmask might be a bit more clutter for something that most people probably don't need.  Removing the inner hole would do it, but I'm not sure if that would screw up too many other people.  Most people probably need that hole in the mask to make it look right for any art that is grabbed automatically.  So changing the mask itself probably isn't worth it.  

My current fork of the skin uses album fanart if available.  The album fanart.jpg is stored along with the folder.jpg in the album directory.  I can't remember if it's imported by default, but I have it set to import it in my advancedsettings.  The relevant portion of my MusicVisualisation.xml looks like this:
Quote:<control type="image">
                <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
                <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
                <texture background="true" colordiffuse="88FFFFFF">$INFO[Player.Art(album.fanart)]</texture>
                <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
            </control>
            <control type="image">
                <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
                <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
                <texture background="true" colordiffuse="88FFFFFF">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
                <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image) + String.IsEmpty(Player.Art(album.fanart))</visible>
            </control>
Full disclosure, when it comes to skin stuff, I'm pretty much a novice.  So a lot of the adjustments I make are probably far from the most efficient or "right" way to do things, but it functions well enough for me.  At least it does once I figure out the half-dozen things I break every time I try to change one thing.  I'm not sure if there's enough people interested in using the album fanart to make it worth implementing even as an option.  Just throwing it out there as a suggestion.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - teefer22 - 2023-01-30

Hopefully an easy question.

I recently switched to this skin after discovering Widgets.  I have set up my main menu with some entries to some addons and have some widgets set up.  On some of the widgets, they update automatically when new tv show episodes are aired.  However, some widgets don't update at all.  For example, I have a widget pointing to "Coronation Street Season 1" in the official kodi addon named "Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC)".  The widget works, but it never updates when new episodes are released (which is every weekday).

My question is, is this what "auto widget" is for?  So that the widgets update when new episodes are released?

Or is there a way to force the widgets to update?

(2023-01-30, 17:59)NeoCortex Wrote: Most people probably need that hole in the mask to make it look right for any art that is grabbed automatically.  So changing the mask itself probably isn't worth it.  

In my opinion it's better to remove the inner hole. It's looks better then unmasked edges from automatically grabbed art if mask is disabled by default.
(2023-01-30, 17:59)NeoCortex Wrote: The relevant portion of my MusicVisualisation.xml looks like this:
I would suggest to implement the conditions into Variables.xml instead of the MusicVisualisation.xml. A good place for this is the "PlayerFanartVar": https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary.modv2/blob/acbdaf222ee4194119f23bf2d64d18313afe04bb/xml/Variables.xml#L681-L688 where I could implement an option like "Prefer album fanart over artist fanart" too. Wink

(2023-01-30, 19:39)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2023-01-30, 17:59)NeoCortex Wrote: The relevant portion of my MusicVisualisation.xml looks like this:
I would suggest to implement the conditions into Variables.xml instead of the MusicVisualisation.xml. A good place for this is the "PlayerFanartVar": https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary.modv2/blob/acbdaf222ee4194119f23bf2d64d18313afe04bb/xml/Variables.xml#L681-L688 where I could implement an option like "Prefer album fanart over artist fanart" too. Wink
That sounds like it would make a lot more sense.  My way was just a kludge to get it to work, but using variables.xml would probably be the right way to actually implement it.

(2023-01-30, 18:10)teefer22 Wrote: For example, I have a widget pointing to "Coronation Street Season 1" in the official kodi addon named "Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC)".  The widget works, but it never updates when new episodes are released (which is every weekday).

The widget(s) has to be filled with dynamic content from e.g. an addon and should be automatically updating. With Nexus there is a new attribute for an autoupdate of the layout: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=363553&pid=3074196#pid3074196 It's on the provider of the widget to implement this feature into the widget.

@NeoCortex You can check the just uploaded update in Git if the changes suites your suggestions: https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary.modv2/tree/Nexus
I can not test this out because my music library don't have any album fanart.