Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition (/showthread.php?tid=366400)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - bower9065 - 2023-02-12

Up Next addon only tells me whats playing next at the end of a video. Would like a way to display what is currently on at the beginning of a video. I watch alot of old shows like Tales from the Crypt on shuffle play, so i press next until i see an episode I want to watch. Been looking for a work  around for years. Any ideas that would accomplish this.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - izprtxqkft - 2023-02-12

(2023-02-12, 22:53)bower9065 Wrote: Up Next addon only tells me whats playing next at the end of a video. Would like a way to display what is currently on at the beginning of a video. I watch alot of old shows like Tales from the Crypt on shuffle play, so i press next until i see an episode I want to watch. Been looking for a work  around for years. Any ideas that would accomplish this.
im fairly certain this is the exact intended purpose of kodi's info box brought up by pressing i on your keyboard...

Have been doing that since the change. Not going well. Was hoping there was something that would do it automatically when playing next video.

Have been using Kodi since Dharma. Got pretty used to it a certain way.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - izprtxqkft - 2023-02-12

(2023-02-12, 23:04)bower9065 Wrote: Have been doing that since the change. Not going well. Was hoping there was something that would do it automatically when playing next video.
well if you want to put some code work in.

you can add code to the up next monitor - https://github.com/im85288/service.upnext/blob/master/resources/lib/monitor.py

to send a keyboard input of i from an rpc on playback start - https://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v13#Input

and then set a timer to do it again x amount of seconds later to clear the info box - https://www.udacity.com/blog/2021/09/create-a-timer-in-python-step-by-step-guide.html

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - bower9065 - 2023-02-13

Sounds promising, but would require much more hand holding to achieve.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - izprtxqkft - 2023-02-13

i understand.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - kirvs - 2023-02-13

Bug Report/Feature Request: Seekbar/OSD
I found inconsistencies on appearance of VideoOSD, but I liked the look (inconsistent) so much I would like to keep it.
Normally, videoOSD has an opaque background. However, during video play, while seekbar is up, if you press menu button, videoOSD becomes transparent. 
I would like THIS transparent OSD to be a permanent feature.
Could this be implemented ? or can you point me in the right direction on how to modify XML to make this happen ?
In the best case, settings (VideoOSD) can feature an option for "Transparent OSD" On/Off.
Thank you.

ImageImageImage(Picture 1) OSD Normal - Opaque background
Image(Picture 2) Seekbar - (approx.) 5 second autohide
Image(Picture 3) OSD transparent
Image(Picture 4) Settings
Steps to replicate:
1. Settings:
    Use simplified Video OSD Navigation (OFF)
    Use simple Seekbar... (ON)
    Hide video info... (ON)
2. While video is playing or paused, press FF/Reverse to bring Seekbar (Picture 2).
3. While Seekbar is up before hidden (5 second autohide), press menu to bring OSD
4. VideoOSD will become transparent and stay.

Platform Info:
KODI 20.0 (20.0.0) 2023-01-15
Skin Estuary MOD V2 . Version: 4.1.0+nexus.3
Android TV 7.1.2 API level 25 (kernel: Linux 4.4.120+)
Amazon FireTV 4K

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-13

I've added a switch to set a different background opacity to the video OSD settings. Note that this only affects the seekbar. Also the background of seekbar will not be full transparent for some reasons.

Comes with next Update.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - Swimfan02 - 2023-02-13

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but when I itially scanning shows into my library, the view within the season is List (which is what I want), but going to view options, there is no "List" in the view settings. So if I change the view, I can never get it back to List (three panes, episode description on the left, middle = list of episodes, right = episode thumbnail).

Is it possible to add the List option into the views? Again, I'm referring to the view within a season of a show.

Last question, for the TV library view, is it possible to add an additional view for "Wall (posters)" where the name of the show is in text below the poster? Similar to "Wall (thumbnails)" and "Banner" for accessibility reasons?

Thank you for your hard work, it's truly appreciated!

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-13

(2023-02-13, 19:32)Swimfan02 Wrote: So if I change the view, I can never get it back to List (three panes, episode description on the left, middle = list of episodes, right = episode thumbnail).
Has been fixed.
(2023-02-13, 19:32)Swimfan02 Wrote: Last question, for the TV library view, is it possible to add an additional view for "Wall (posters)" where the name of the show is in text below the poster? Similar to "Wall (thumbnails)" and "Banner" for accessibility reasons?
For the Poster views there isn't enough place for the titles in most cases - there are already infos about seen/number of episodes. So titles will be scrolled on many Posters and in this way you get a bumpy view. The Banner and the Wall Fanart view have much more space at the bottom so thats not as critical.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - Swimfan02 - 2023-02-13

Thanks so much! And that makes perfect sense regarding the poster view.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - hslansky - 2023-02-13

Hi,
  I found a bug with the display for TV-14 ratings.  They are showing up as an MPAA rating instead of a TV rating.  I believe the change below will solve the problem (I have tested it and it seems to work properly)

In file variables.xml replace this 
xml:

<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-Y7) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-Y) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-PG) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-G) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-MA)">flags/mpaa-tv.png</value>
with this
xml:

<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-Y7) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-Y) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-PG) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-G) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-14) | String.Contains(ListItem.mpaa,TV-MA)">flags/mpaa-tv.png</value>

Thanks for all of the hard work in keeping this skin alive and evolving!

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-14

### 4.1.1+nexus ###
  • coloured flags updated (Thanks to Frodo19)
  • Introducing volume amplification button (DSP) to video OSD
  • add Audio DSP addon to required addons list
  • Home images changed
  • Improvements on Flix view (just one more...)
  • add transparency option to seekbar background
  • add missing list view to tvshow episodes
  • fix TV-14 rating (wrongly shown as MPAA-14)
  • fix bug on seasonal themes

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - kirvs - 2023-02-15

Bug Report/Feature Request: Seekbar/OSD
First, I really appreciate your Very quick response. Thank you very much.
I found a couple of additional inconsistencies on the menu.
Image(Picture 1) Original screen without OSD
Image(Picture 2) OSD by Menu button
Image(Picture 3) OSD by Seekbar + menu button - New transparent menu
Starting with (Picture 1) Original video without OSD,
Pressing one push of "menu" button brings (Picture 2).
Pressing FF/Reverse button and "menu" button (two button combo) brings (Picture 3)
Notice the difference between (Picture 2) and (Picture 3).
1. Pressing one button push of "menu" still has opaque background. It also has double blank space. (Tag #3)
2. Tag #2 is new and it seems it is unnecessary and obscures the video
3. Tag #1 is missing from seekbar

OSD by pushing one "menu" should be transparent rather than FF/reverse then "menu" two button combo. It has much less utility.
Thank you again.

Platform Info:
KODI 20.0 (20.0.0) 2023-01-15
Skin Estuary MOD V2 . Version: 4.1.1+nexus
Android TV 7.1.2 API level 25 (kernel: Linux 4.4.120+)
Amazon FireTV 4K