Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition (/showthread.php?tid=366400)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-15

Picture (2) is the simplified OSD, Picture (3) is the seek bar. These are two different menues. OSD appears when you press menu or (m) and contains clearart and logoart, seek bar appears on skip or rewind/forward without any art graphic. These are different things. Deactivate "use simplifyed OSD" and you'll see what I mean.

And again, the option showing transparent background affects only the seek bar, this is not available for the OSD. The seek bar is for seeking/skipping in media, the visibility of OSD buttons by pressing "ok" here is an unwanted side effect.

But landscape/fanart graphics (2) indeed shoudn't appear on simplifyed OSD. This graphic has to introduced because the progressbar has a different size for normal/simpifyed OSD, so ranges, chaptermarks and naviagtion nub appears twice on different (and wrong) places when you press menue.

Behaviour on simplifyed OSD will be fixed.

EDIT: Has fixed already. You can simply replace the DialogSeekBar.xml with the file from here: https://github.com/b-jesch/skin.estuary.modv2/blob/Nexus/xml/DialogSeekBar.xml

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - Atreyu - 2023-02-16

_BJ1, i want to thank you for maintaining this skin.
Tried a lot of them, i prefer to stay close to estuary with some improvements.

The ideas that are incorporated in this skin are all excellent in my mind. I usually return to default after some testing. Been testing this skin for quite some time now Wink

Thanks again, much appreciated.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-16

(2023-02-16, 18:24)Atreyu Wrote: i prefer to stay close to estuary with some improvements.

Yes, but sometimes I'm thinking some of the improvements are too much for the skin. I'm thinking about to reject the last modifications as these are more confusing than helping some users.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - NeoCortex - 2023-02-16

(2023-02-16, 19:52)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2023-02-16, 18:24)Atreyu Wrote: i prefer to stay close to estuary with some improvements.

Yes, but sometimes I'm thinking some of the improvements are too much for the skin. I'm thinking about to reject the last modifications as these are more confusing than helping some users.
FWIW, I think the extensive options for customization are the most appealing thing about the skin for me, but I can see how it could lead to some amount of confusion or users being overwhelmed by options.  Maybe it's worth having a default collection of settings with how most people would want to use the skin while having some of the more esoteric stuff grouped into an "advanced/expert" part of the settings?  I'm not sure if there's a way to sort settings as basic/standard/advanced/expert in the Skin Settings like there is in some of the other areas of the overall Kodi settings.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - Atreyu - 2023-02-17

That's perfectly understandable.

(2023-02-16, 19:52)_BJ1 Wrote: Yes, but sometimes I'm thinking some of the improvements are too much for the skin. I'm thinking about to reject the last modifications as these are more confusing than helping some users.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - frodo19 - 2023-02-17

(2023-02-16, 19:52)_BJ1 Wrote: Yes, but sometimes I'm thinking some of the improvements are too much for the skin. I'm thinking about to reject the last modifications as these are more confusing than helping some users.

Yes, understandable.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-18

### 3.4.2+matrix.22 / 4.1.1+nexus.1 ###
  • improving + removing fanart/landscape from seek bar (Nexus only)
  • fix display of long titles/filenames on list view (issue #114)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - psbguy - 2023-02-18

Today, I started getting PVR Artwork Module errors and it stops working after a little bit of channels scrolling, anyone else has the same problem?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-18

Today in the evening here (22:00 local time) the TMDB API calls fails sometimes with an timeout exception.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - psbguy - 2023-02-19

Back to work pretty well now!

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - tigerteacher - 2023-02-21

Hello -- I am using a Shield with this plug in and having two issues right now.

1) I can't get the bottom menu bar to disappear during music playback. The bar previously disappeared after a short amount of time and I had to press the select button on my remote to bring it back up. Now I can't get it go away. I've hooked up a bluetooth keyboard and looked through skin settings, but feel like I'm missing something obvious. Is there some way to have the bottom menu bar auto hide during music playback? I have artist photos in the background.

2) I have a custom main menu item for my surround music. I have created a recently played and recently added favorite as two items that are listed on the custom main menu item. However, these items never seem to update with new recently played or recently added music. Is there any way to automatically update this.

Thanks so much

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-21

(2023-02-21, 00:31)tigerteacher Wrote: I can't get the bottom menu bar to disappear during music playback. The bar previously disappeared after a short amount of time and I had to press the select button on my remote to bring it back up. Now I can't get it go away.

Connect a keyboard and press "i". You can also use your Android phone with Yatse App (or Kore) connected via WiFi.
(2023-02-21, 00:31)tigerteacher Wrote: However, these items never seem to update with new recently played or recently added music. Is there any way to automatically update this.

Normally they should appear if the items has been added to the video/music library. Simply adding them to the file system is not enough.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - DjDiabolik - 2023-02-22

How it's possibly to add the video lenght on current youtube addons ?
I can reach "My Subscription" list.. but all video it's be listed whitout the duration of video....... how it's possible ? It's a skin issue or addons issue ?

I have also another kodi setup.. on a Raspberry pi2 whit osmc and latest kodi 19.5 and here i use this same skin but as Matrix edition. here the video lenght it's appears correctly but now on my other setup whit kodi 20.

How it's possible ?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2023-02-22

(2023-02-22, 21:24)DjDiabolik Wrote: I have also another kodi setup.. on a Raspberry pi2 whit osmc and latest kodi 19.5 and here i use this same skin but as Matrix edition. here the video lenght it's appears correctly but now on my other setup whit kodi 20.

I'm not using any Youtube addon. Please test this with the default Estuary skin. If the same behaviour occurs then it's not depending on the skin. Otherwise the skin code between Matrix and Nexus differs not as much. I'm really sure that labels like duration didn't changed between Matrix and Nexus.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus KN Edition - DjDiabolik - 2023-02-24

(2023-02-22, 22:04)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2023-02-22, 21:24)DjDiabolik Wrote: I have also another kodi setup.. on a Raspberry pi2 whit osmc and latest kodi 19.5 and here i use this same skin but as Matrix edition. here the video lenght it's appears correctly but now on my other setup whit kodi 20.

I'm not using any Youtube addon. Please test this with the default Estuary skin. If the same behaviour occurs then it's not depending on the skin. Otherwise the skin code between Matrix and Nexus differs not as much. I'm really sure that labels like duration didn't changed between Matrix and Nexus.
mmmmmmmmm.. ok i thinks i can try on my Windows PC also because on my first time i have tryed from kodi installed on a ubuntu.