Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition (/showthread.php?tid=366400)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2024-01-13

Other people don't get enough on information. But I come to meet you and extend the visibility condition of ratings (scraper, user and/or both) to the info pages. About genre: Genre description is sometimes somewhat of unprecise, so this needs not much attention. If you want really remove genre, edit the info view of your movie. There is an metadata editor button in the info view. Remove the entry of genre or change this to your needs. Beware that doing this way it's not possible to filter by genre for this movie(s) later.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - NeoCortex - 2024-01-13

(2024-01-13, 09:43)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 05:11)NeoCortex Wrote: The disc art no longer rotates when music is playing.
Trying to dismiss the OSD (leaving just the fanart) instead results in only the transparency layer over the fanart being removed, but the rest of the OSD remaining visible.

Can't confirm this. Both works as expected. You have to use the "i" Key on your remote to dismiss the OSD.

See https://www.hs-mittweida.de/~jesch/xbmc/test-2024-01-13.mkv

Okay, probably just something being weird on my end that will work itself out when I install another nightly later.  It's not a big deal at the moment then.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I got the same weird behavior on a second system running the same current Nightly (posted morning of Jan 13) and latest skin version (even completely uninstalled/reinstalled the skin, including resetting its settings).  The issue only seems to happen when a track first starts to play.  If I simply pause then resume the track, everything works as it normally should (disc spinning and OSD going away properly), then goes back to the same issue when the next track starts.  For the moment, I'd say it's not worth looking into if nobody else is getting similar behavior.  I'll just chalk it up to using development builds and will just roll with it for the time being.  Everything else is still working fine.

Also, thanks for looking into it so quickly on your end.  I appreciate your ongoing work on this skin.  It really is excellent.

Running Nightlies of CoreElec here on Android boxes (Tanix TX3, Dune 4K) without issues. Maybe there's indeed a problem with the dev builds.

(2024-01-13, 17:43)_BJ1 Wrote: Running Nightlies of CoreElec here on Android boxes (Tanix TX3, Dune 4K) without issues. Maybe there's indeed a problem with the dev builds.

I'm running on Windows.
But like I said, it's a minor nuisance issue that's not affecting functionality and it's a dev build. So I'm fine just saying don't worry about it at all unless others start reporting similar.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - looloo - 2024-01-13

(2024-01-13, 11:26)_BJ1 Wrote: Other people don't get enough on information. But I come to meet you and extend the visibility condition of ratings (scraper, user and/or both) to the info pages. About genre: Genre description is sometimes somewhat of unprecise, so this needs not much attention. If you want really remove genre, edit the info view of your movie. There is an metadata editor button in the info view. Remove the entry of genre or change this to your needs. Beware that doing this way it's not possible to filter by genre for this movie(s) later.

Okay, that's good. So that means we will be able to disable the ratings on the info pages in the next update?

And about Genre, it is definitely an issue because there were many times the Genre has a spoiled a movie for me. Another example, when you are expecting to just watch a "Romance" and the genre tells you there is "Science Fiction"... then that spoils the movie. Hope you understand what I mean.

And are you saying that I have to edit the Genre in the metadata for every movie? If that is the case, that is not possible because I have a lot of movies. Just looking for a setting to disable it. And I never filter by Genre, so that is not an issue for me.

I understand if Genre doesn't bother you. If so, can you at least tell me if it is possible to remove by editing the XML files and which files to edit? I notice there is Genre in the "info page" and also in the "list view" scrolling horizontally in the lower left side.

(2024-01-13, 19:17)looloo Wrote: Okay, that's good. So that means we will be able to disable the ratings on the info pages in the next update?

Yes.
(2024-01-13, 19:17)looloo Wrote: Another example, when you are expecting to just watch a "Romance" and the genre tells you there is "Science Fiction"... then that spoils the movie.

That's not really a spoiler. It's an useless Information.
(2024-01-13, 19:17)looloo Wrote: If so, can you at least tell me if it is possible to remove by editing the XML files and which files to edit? I notice there is Genre in the "info page" and also in the "list view" scrolling horizontally in the lower left side.

You can search for ListItem.Genre within the XML-Files and delete the Labels. But on next update of the skin they will be back as your changes will be overwritten. A better way ist to edit your movie database (MyVideoXXX.db) and set the genre field to None (or empty) using a few SQL instructions. Please ask in the database subforum for that.

(2024-01-13, 19:28)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 19:17)looloo Wrote: Okay, that's good. So that means we will be able to disable the ratings on the info pages in the next update?

Yes.
(2024-01-13, 19:17)looloo Wrote: Another example, when you are expecting to just watch a "Romance" and the genre tells you there is "Science Fiction"... then that spoils the movie.

(2024-01-13, 19:17)looloo Wrote: If so, can you at least tell me if it is possible to remove by editing the XML files and which files to edit? I notice there is Genre in the "info page" and also in the "list view" scrolling horizontally in the lower left side.

You can search for ListItem.Genre within the XML-Files and delete the Labels. But on next update of the skin they will be back as your changes will be overwritten. A better way ist to edit your movie database (MyVideoXXX.db) and set the genre field to None (or empty) using a few SQL instructions. Please ask in the database subforum for that.

Movies were definitely spoiled. As mentioned, I was expecting to watch a normal "Romance" movie, then I saw "Science Fiction" in the Genre... It turns out there was Time Travel in the movie. If the Genre didn't tell me about "Science Fiction"... then the element of Time Travel in the move would have been a pleasant surprise... But I knew going in because of the Genre, so that was spoiled it. Basically, many people like to go into a movie knowing as little as possible. That's why most people don't watch trailers anymore because it essentially shows the whole movie. And again, it is already possible to hide "Plot" and disable "Episode Screenshots" to avoid spoilers.

I really hope this can be considered.

But anyway, there are almost 200 XML files. Is it possible for you to tell me which ones I have to edit to remove it from the "Info Page", "List View" and I also noticed it on the "OSD". That would really help. Thank you.

(2024-01-13, 20:28)looloo Wrote: And again, it is already possible to hide "Plot" and disable "Episode Screenshots" to avoid spoilers.

Only for TV Shows and therefore for episodes. Not for movies in this skin. And again, if I'm going to watch a new movie in cinema it's not as bad to get some info instead of (good or bad) surprises. But thats my point of view.
(2024-01-13, 20:28)looloo Wrote: But anyway, there are almost 200 XML files. Is it possible for you to tell me which ones I have to edit to remove it from the "Info Page", "List View" and I also noticed it on the "OSD".

Yes, this affects all occurences of ListItem.Genre. You have to search for it in all files of the xml folder of the skin. But as I've already said, this will be overwritten with the next update o fthe skin.

(2024-01-13, 20:28)looloo Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 19:28)_BJ1 Wrote:

Yes.

Movies were definitely spoiled. As mentioned, I was expecting to watch a normal "Romance" movie, then I saw "Science Fiction" in the Genre... It turns out there was Time Travel in the movie. If the Genre didn't tell me about "Science Fiction"... then the element of Time Travel in the move would have been a pleasant surprise... But I knew going in because of the Genre, so that was spoiled it. Basically, many people like to go into a movie knowing as little as possible. That's why most people don't watch trailers anymore because it essentially shows the whole movie. And again, it is already possible to hide "Plot" and disable "Episode Screenshots" to avoid spoilers.

But anyway, there are almost 200 XML files. Is it possible for you to tell me which ones I have to edit to remove it from the "Info Page", "List View" and I also noticed it on the "OSD". That would really help. Thank you.
Honestly, if you're that concerned with possible spoilers, I'd probably have to suggest just avoiding the information window at all.  If even genre is that sensitive, just don't even look at the movie details and choose a library view like Wall that gives you a poster and nothing more.  That would probably be a lot easier than editing XML files everywhere and not being able to update the skin again without losing your changes.

(2024-01-13, 20:46)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 20:28)looloo Wrote: And again, it is already possible to hide "Plot" and disable "Episode Screenshots" to avoid spoilers.

Only for TV Shows and therefore for episodes. Not for movies in this skin. And again, if I'm going to watch a new movie in cinema it's not as bad to get some info instead of (good or bad) surprises. But thats my point of view.
(2024-01-13, 20:28)looloo Wrote: But anyway, there are almost 200 XML files. Is it possible for you to tell me which ones I have to edit to remove it from the "Info Page", "List View" and I also noticed it on the "OSD".

Yes, this affects all occurences of ListItem.Genre. You have to search for it in all files of the xml folder of the skin. But as I've already said, this will be overwritten with the next update o fthe skin.

The option to "hide plot" is not only for TV Shows. It is also for movies. And I don't think you are getting the point here. I am not saying you shouldn't get some info before watching a movie. I am saying that the Genre can sometimes give away too much info. And the ability to hide it is a good option to have to avoid any potential spoilers.

And yes, I am aware that it will be overwritten with the next update. But I don't have any other options, right? I just have to do it again every time. And that's the reason why I am wishing you can consider giving us the option to disable Genre as well.

(2024-01-13, 20:49)NeoCortex Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 20:28)looloo Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 19:28)_BJ1 Wrote: Yes.

Honestly, if you're that concerned with possible spoilers, I'd probably have to suggest just avoiding the information window at all.  If even genre is that sensitive, just don't even look at the movie details and choose a library view like Wall that gives you a poster and nothing more.  That would probably be a lot easier than editing XML files everywhere and not being able to update the skin again without losing your changes.

As _BJ1 also mentioned, I also like to see some information. Like the actors, the runtime, release date etc. So for the most part, the "Info Page" is fine. I just don't want to see the Genre. And yes, you are right. Editing the XML files would a hassle ever time, so that's why I wish there was just a way to disable Genre.

(2024-01-13, 18:01)NeoCortex Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 17:43)_BJ1 Wrote: Running Nightlies of CoreElec here on Android boxes (Tanix TX3, Dune 4K) without issues. Maybe there's indeed a problem with the dev builds.

I'm running on Windows.
But like I said, it's a minor nuisance issue that's not affecting functionality and it's a dev build. So I'm fine just saying don't worry about it at all unless others start reporting similar.
Just to update on this and put it to bed for now.  I was just playing around and switched to the default Estuary skin.  Obviously it doesn't have the same discart visible, but I did notice that upon starting a track, the OSD shows it as paused initially (even though it's playing) and I have to pause/resume it for it to be correct.  So it's not a skin issue at all right now.  It's a dev build issue. So I guess just disregard entirely for now.  Thanks again for humoring me.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - crazyturk - 2024-01-13

The cd rotates on CoreElec
Press the play button on the Info bar to rotate the CD

As the option "hide plot" is a general setting it's probably the best way to make a feature request to Kodi Team and ask for hiding genre too. I'm not be willing to modify a dozen of files.

(2024-01-13, 21:01)crazyturk Wrote: The cd rotates on CoreEle

Yeah, it seems to be isolated to the recent Windows nightly for some reason, at least for me.  I've got it happening on two separate machines.  It seems to be a core Kodi issue and not a skin issue at the moment, though (see my previous post).  Thanks for checking on your end, though.