Kodi Community Forum
Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition (/showthread.php?tid=366400)

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - looloo - 2024-01-17

(2024-01-13, 21:05)_BJ1 Wrote: As the option "hide plot" is a general setting it's probably the best way to make a feature request to Kodi Team and ask for hiding genre too. I'm not be willing to modify a dozen of files.
I have another suggestion for the Genre. You don't have to remove it, but will you consider relocating it to the bottom where all the other Information is? Take a look at the picture I attached. All other information is at the bottom, so why is only Genre and Director at the top?

If you move Genre to the bottom, it will still be accessible when you choose to go down to that section. I think this is a fair suggestion and will keep Genre hidden until the person wants to go down there to access all the information. Will you consider this?

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - Antho02 - 2024-01-17

Hi,
Sorry to go on your opposite but I think some of us like to have it here in the page

What u call "spoiler" can be called "usefully information" for us

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - NeoCortex - 2024-01-17

(2024-01-17, 11:11)looloo Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 21:05)_BJ1 Wrote: As the option "hide plot" is a general setting it's probably the best way to make a feature request to Kodi Team and ask for hiding genre too. I'm not be willing to modify a dozen of files.
I have another suggestion for the Genre. You don't have to remove it, but will you consider relocating it to the bottom where all the other Information is? Take a look at the picture I attached. All other information is at the bottom, so why is only Genre and Director at the top?

If you move Genre to the bottom, it will still be accessible when you choose to go down to that section. I think this is a fair suggestion and will keep Genre hidden until the person wants to go down there to access all the information. Will you consider this?

I get where you're coming from, but how often is this really an issue?  Very few movies even attempt to do a genre switch during them.  It's really no more of a spoiler than who is in the cast (which can certainly spoil cameos and such).  It sounds like you want absolutely no information except the title, which seems like a really edge case as far as user preference goes.  I think it's safe to say that most of us here prefer getting what information we can with as few clicks as necessary.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - therealjoeblow - 2024-01-17

Great Skin, I just started using it last week on the current Kodi release (v20 Nexus) on Win10x64.  Tons of flexibility and customizability.  I really like it!

One small annoyance that I noticed, wondering of anyone else sees it...

When bringing up the detailed Info screen while watching a video, just as the page begins to appear, and again just when dismissing the page, for a *very* brief fraction of a second, there is a 'flash' that looks like the entire screen is being painted with the full brightness of the background difuse color, just for a couple of milliseconds.  Otherwise the info screen displays properly with the animations and gradations etc that are expected.  It's just that very brief 'flash' when the screen appears and again disappears that is annoying.

Is that a glitch in the skin?

Many thanks
TRJB

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2024-01-17

(2024-01-17, 17:48)therealjoeblow Wrote: Is that a glitch in the skin?

I saw this too now. Maybe a competition visible condition between the switch of fullsceen and video info. Have to elaborate this.

(2024-01-17, 16:51)NeoCortex Wrote:
(2024-01-17, 11:11)looloo Wrote:

I get where you're coming from, but how often is this really an issue?  Very few movies even attempt to do a genre switch during them.  It's really no more of a spoiler than who is in the cast (which can certainly spoil cameos and such).  It sounds like you want absolutely no information except the title, which seems like a really edge case as far as user preference goes.  I think it's safe to say that most of us here prefer getting what information we can with as few clicks as necessary.
I'm not even talking about a genre switch. I just don't want the Genre to influence what I am watching. And the genre doesn't have to switch to spoil the movie. And again, why is Genre at the top and all the other information is at the bottom? Just place it at the bottom... You guys will understand when this finally spoils a movie or tv show for you. Or maybe you guys are the type to watch full trailer before a movie and want to know everything about a movie. It's a very simple suggestion. All the other information is already at the bottom.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2024-01-17

(2024-01-17, 22:50)looloo Wrote: All the other information is already at the bottom.

At this place is normaly the cast/actors list with pictures. Your scraper does not collect all informations. What you call "All other informations" is hidden by default:

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - Antho02 - 2024-01-17

Maybe just rename ur vids to vid1 vid2 vid3 and use VLC, u won't get any type of spoiler with genre or synopsis or actors or cover or idk 🤷‍♀️

(2024-01-17, 23:01)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2024-01-17, 22:50)looloo Wrote: All the other information is already at the bottom.

At this place is normaly the cast/actors list with pictures. Your scraper does not collect all informations. What you call "All other informations" is hidden by default:

That's exactly my point... Default view shows the actors. And that is perfect. If you want more information you can scroll down for all the information. So why is Genre and Director at the top? It should also be hidden by default at the bottom, with all the other information.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - NeoCortex - 2024-01-17

(2024-01-17, 23:22)looloo Wrote:
(2024-01-17, 23:01)_BJ1 Wrote:

That's exactly my point... Default view shows the actors. And that is perfect. If you want more information you can scroll down for all the information. So why is Genre and Director at the top? It should also be hidden by default at the bottom, with all the other information.

It's so visible because most people want top-level information (Title, year, genre, synopsis) visible without having to browse down through basically another sub-menu.  Most people really worried about spoilers would consider cast members to be a much bigger spoiler than genre info.  If you're trying to go in completely and utterly blind, why even have metadata to begin with?  Your best bet might be to suggest a feature request for Kodi as a whole to make genre an option to hide along the line of plot synopses.

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - therealjoeblow - 2024-01-18

(2024-01-13, 20:55)looloo Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 20:46)_BJ1 Wrote:
(2024-01-13, 20:28)looloo Wrote: And again, it is already possible to hide "Plot" and disable "Episode Screenshots" to avoid spoilers.

Only for TV Shows and therefore for episodes. Not for movies in this skin. And again, if I'm going to watch a new movie in cinema it's not as bad to get some info instead of (good or bad) surprises. But thats my point of view.
(2024-01-13, 20:28)looloo Wrote: But anyway, there are almost 200 XML files. Is it possible for you to tell me which ones I have to edit to remove it from the "Info Page", "List View" and I also noticed it on the "OSD".

Yes, this affects all occurences of ListItem.Genre. You have to search for it in all files of the xml folder of the skin. But as I've already said, this will be overwritten with the next update o fthe skin.

The option to "hide plot" is not only for TV Shows. It is also for movies. And I don't think you are getting the point here. I am not saying you shouldn't get some info before watching a movie. I am saying that the Genre can sometimes give away too much info. And the ability to hide it is a good option to have to avoid any potential spoilers.

And yes, I am aware that it will be overwritten with the next update. But I don't have any other options, right? I just have to do it again every time. And that's the reason why I am wishing you can consider giving us the option to disable Genre as well.
It will literally take you 30 seconds to do the search and delete with Notepad++.

Just use it's search and replace dialogue, select the "find in files" option, point it at the top level directory of the skin, and enter the search and replace terms and hit "replace in files".

There are 30 occurrences of "ListItem.Genre" in 10 of the xml files.  It finds them pretty much instantly.

Unless you are updating the skin every day that should be easily doable by you on your end.  Literally takes 30 seconds as I noted.

Cheers
TRJB

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2024-01-18

To end the discussion: There will be no further changes to the skin.

You have these options:
  • A pull/feature request to Kodi, as already mentioned
  • Change the entries for Genre with the Metadata Editor
  • Delete the genre table in the database using SQL statements
  • Use a player other than Kodi

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2024-01-18

### 4.2.0+nexus.6 ### 21.2.0+omega.4 ###

• visibility conditions of ratings extended to video info flags
  • settings of 'hide for spoiler', 'hide episode thumb of unseen episodes' removed from skin settings
    ​(use 'settings, media, videos, show information for unwatched items' instead)
  • setting for default selection of OSD button added (Stop, Play/Pause)
  • background glitch on fullscreen video info fixed

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - therealjoeblow - 2024-01-19

Thank you very much for the update and the quick fix to the full-screen info glitch!  Very much appreciated!

Cheers
TRJB

RE: Estuary MOD V2 Matrix/Nexus/Omega KN Edition - _BJ1 - 2024-01-23

###  4.2.0+nexus.7 ### 21.2.0+omega.5 ###

• condition visibility of episode thumbs depending on watch status fixed (startup)
  • colored icons redesigned (thanks to frodo19)

### 21.2.0+omega.5 ###

• minor improvements in video version selection dialog