Kodi Community Forum
series mixed in with movies - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: series mixed in with movies (/showthread.php?tid=369719)

Pages: 1 2

series mixed in with movies - jwhitt12 - 2022-09-19

I am running with ubuntu 22.04
logfile at https://pastebin.com/9uHn4HrT

Somehow my series have been mixed in with movies and I have no idea how to get rid of them there.  The series are just fine and just the movies are screwed up.  I want to videos and checked the movies files there.  The first movies has that problem but the second, under files" is just fine (no series in the movies).   I am also running sonarr and radarr.  Its all very strange.

What I need to do is to remove the series from the movies.  Oh, I can also run the series from the movies but even that is a bit odd with strange names that look like some kind of password but isn't.

I have checked the setup in sonarr and everything looks fine and there is nothing to suggest that the series stuff shoujld have anything to do with series.  I have also checked my source files that hold series and that file is just fine as is the movies file (no series in movies or movies in series).

Thoughtts?

RE: series mixed in with series - Karellen - 2022-09-19

(2022-09-19, 16:47)jwhitt12 Wrote: Somehow my series have been mixed in with movies
Wow, you have just discovered the holy grail of Kodi. Smile Something that thousands of people have been unable to do, even me.

The log is no good. You flicked debug mode on and off for some reason, so there is nothing to see. Try again, and just leave debug mode on.
Provide a screenshot showing the movie list with tv shows mixed in.
Also a copy of your MyVideos119 database

Sonarr and Radarr have always been problematic with their nfo files. I am 99% certain most of the problem is those nfo files, but still doesn't explain how tv shows end up in movies.

RE: series mixed in with series - jwhitt12 - 2022-09-20

Thanks for the reply!

Logfile: https://pastebin.com/0GegnNiK

I am sure that I am the bad guy here.  I have no idea what I did but I am sure I did it.  My problem is getting rid of them.  I now have, according to kodi over 700 movies (i really don't)  I turned on the log again so, this time, it might work (sorry about that, it was showing stuff about the log whilst showing a show and my wife yelled at me).  I also brought up information of one of the episodes and the information said that it was an episode.  I thought that might be useful when checking what's there.  It is, as I said, very strange.  I can also send you anything you might want from the database.  All the files there belong in the database.  I guess I could install the database and attack but I also suspect that would be a really bad idea.  I currently have the movies sorted by duration so it would be pretty easy to remove them.  I wonder if I could do that to a bunch but I doubt it.  If I decide to do that by just removing them I have a question.  If I do that will it mess with the source files or just the stuff in Kodi?

anyway, hopefully, this time, I will give you a log with something in it.

RE: series mixed in with series - Karellen - 2022-09-20

@jwhitt12

I also need the other items I asked for. I need to read them together. In this case, the log on its own is of no use as the problem with your library has already happened before you created the log.
In addition I will also need a tvshow.nfo file, a movie nfo file and an episode nfo file- make sure they come from items that are incorrectly sorted in the library as you describe.

Also, please clarify- your post says tv shows are mixed in with your movies, which I find difficult to accept, but then your thread title says series mixed in with series, which I can accept, and I definitely know the cause of it. Which one is it?

No use getting rid of them just yet until the cause is figured out because, most likely, it will happen again.

RE: series mixed in with series - jwhitt12 - 2022-09-21

thanks for the reply!

Nope, my series is mixed in with the movies. Any .nfo file that I could find was one for each episode or movie.  They were in either the folder for series or the folder for movies.  There was an .nfo file for each episode but for just a few movies.  There were no tv nfo files in the movies folder.  The TV shows are mixed with the movies in the main movie place and in Videos/Movies but not in Videos/files/Movies.  The folder that actually hold the movies and the other that hold the series/tv only hold those things.  I have more than 800 .nfo files.  

I think I am missing something here.  I really don't know where kodi hides its lists or I would send them to you.  I really want to give you what you want but, I think, you don't want me to send you 800 files.  I think there is a list someplace but have no idea where that might be.   I did find some .db (database) files but have no idea what each holds.

Thoughts?

RE: series mixed in with series - Karellen - 2022-09-21

(2022-09-21, 02:05)jwhitt12 Wrote: Thoughts?
I am starting to wonder if you don't want assistance. I've asked twice for the information I need to to help you.
I did not ask for 800 nfo files. I was very specific with what I asked for.
You found the databases, yet you still haven't uploaded it for me. I didn't ask you to figure out what each holds, just send it to me. You can PM me the link if you would rather keep that private.
And I am still waiting for a very simple screenshot showing the mixed movies and tv shows.
You have said twice that you want to send these items to me, but you haven't. So, if you are confused about something, speak up. Otherwise when I eventually see the info I have asked for, I'll come back to your thread.

I missed some stuff and tried to edit but was taken here.

I can send you any nfo file you want.  I have one that is in both tv and movies.  When I run it as tv or movies its the same thing.  the .nfo file is something like 1,1kb  and I am not sure how to send it to you.  I could send it to pastbin if you want as I don't think I can send it through this.  Oh, when in kodi and right click on the .nfo file I'm talking about I get the information for something called midnight mass (a movie). 

Anyway, tell me what to do and I will do it.

I did find the databases but you didn't ask for those.  You asked for nfo files.  Which ones do you want and how will I do that.  I'm not sure that I can send a .db file to pastebin as I think they deal with text only.  If so how do you want me to send it?

I have a picture for you but can't figure out how to send it.

I missed some stuff and tried to edit but was taken here.

I can send you any nfo file you want.  I have one that is in both tv and movies.  When I run it as tv or movies its the same thing.  the .nfo file is something like 1,1kb  and I am not sure how to send it to you.  I could send it to pastbin if you want as I don't think I can send it through this.  Oh, when in kodi and right click on the .nfo file I'm talking about I get the information for something called midnight mass (a movie). 

I have a picture but have no idea how to get it to you.  I can send it if I know where.

Anyway, tell me what to do and I will do it.

I am shutting this down until tomorrow morning .  If you could give me an address to send stuff to I would appreciate it.

Thank you..................

RE: series mixed in with series - Karellen - 2022-09-21

(2022-09-21, 02:30)jwhitt12 Wrote: I can send you any nfo file you want.
Just the ones I asked for. Copy the contents to Kodi Paste Site and provide the three links...
(2022-09-20, 01:58)Karellen Wrote: In addition I will also need a tvshow.nfo file, a movie nfo file and an episode nfo file- make sure they come from items that are incorrectly sorted in the library as you describe.

(2022-09-21, 02:36)jwhitt12 Wrote: I did find the databases but you didn't ask for those.
Read back my previous posts. I did ask for it. You need to upload that to some file hosting service of your choice and provide me the link. You can PM me the link if you want to keep that private.
(2022-09-19, 21:35)Karellen Wrote: Also a copy of your MyVideos119 database

(2022-09-21, 02:48)jwhitt12 Wrote: I have a picture for you but can't figure out how to send it.
Button18

RE: series mixed in with movies - jwhitt12 - 2022-09-21

where will I find the directions for kodi hastebin?

I can't figure out kodi hastebin.  I have stuff to send you but its not pure  text.  Where can I send you .db file, etc?  Can I use the picture thing?  Do you have an address I can send it to?