Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- rectifier - 2008-10-05

xb2iris Wrote:WOW... great to hear man... i much appreciate it... it is time consuming working on it, but it's well worth knowing I'm making the most of AEON, my fave skin on XBMC. And, user input is really important, because, even though i don't use most of the stuff that ends up not working properly, i may just use it one day, and i'd like it to work when that day comes... plus, i take it, lots of people like aeon like me, and can't stand the fact that so many things just don't work, or partially work. Nice to correct that issue.

But anyways, thanks for those comments... nice to know someone appreciates the time spent on this project. Thanks a lot and i hope you like the next release.

I can imagine how much time it takes putting such an amazing skin together, and with the number of requests you so humbly deal with, it's even more time consuming. Aeon is my favourite skin as well, so thanks for making it an even better experience... and no problem, I think you deserve all the thanks you get

- xb2iris - 2008-10-05

rectifier Wrote:I can imagine how much time it takes putting such an amazing skin together, and with the number of requests you so humbly deal with, it's even more time consuming. Aeon is my favourite skin as well, so thanks for making it an even better experience... and no problem, I think you deserve all the thanks you get

cool cool

- six_storm - 2008-10-05

xb2iris Wrote:those aren't pics from my mod, but i'll help u anyways...

Sorry, I tried to take my own screenshots but XBMC would not go to windowed mode, therefore I could not take screenshots.

Quote:for the first question... by poster art, are we referring to the pictures of the poster covers or fanart?

Let's say if I have "Grandma's Boy" under this directory: "F:\Movies\AVI Movies\Grandma's Boy\grandmasboy.avi" When you look in XBMC under the "Grandma's Boy" folder and all you see is ".." and the actual AVI, I want my Grandma's Boy poster.jpg to be shown on the AVI itself instead of a random point in the movie. So basically, you can click on the movie poster and play the AVI file.

Quote:Hope these help...

Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate it. Hopefully my two cents and insight will help your mod. Horizonz has been the best XBMC I've ever used so keep up the good work! Big Grin

- Tension113 - 2008-10-06

xb2iris Wrote:Well done... well done... would have sorted that out if i didn't have to do so many other things... but good on you for doing the coding and all that... i remember how scarry it was opening one of these xml files for the first time... and now, ages later, horizonz is something i can be proud of... all the extra sections will be sorted at a later stage though...

Well now you've done it.. I was all proud of myself and whatnot for figuring out how to get the poster view working again, I decided to try and figure out how to add showcase to it as well.. I have it working, but can't get it to show up in the 'view types' section yet.. I'm very slowly figuring all of this out though.. Your mod inspired me and now I'm probably going to be messing around with everything I see.. So, Thanks a lot.. Laugh

- xb2iris - 2008-10-06

six_storm Wrote:Sorry, I tried to take my own screenshots but XBMC would not go to windowed mode, therefore I could not take screenshots.

Let's say if I have "Grandma's Boy" under this directory: "F:\Movies\AVI Movies\Grandma's Boy\grandmasboy.avi" When you look in XBMC under the "Grandma's Boy" folder and all you see is ".." and the actual AVI, I want my Grandma's Boy poster.jpg to be shown on the AVI itself instead of a random point in the movie. So basically, you can click on the movie poster and play the AVI file.

Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate it. Hopefully my two cents and insight will help your mod. Horizonz has been the best XBMC I've ever used so keep up the good work! Big Grin

sure will... kinda understand your situation a little better... but as i'm new to the world of skinning, some things i can't quite figure out to do... no idea how the jpg-avi relationship works, as in your case... it completely baffles me... don't quite know if it's something u need to code into the skin, or if it's an xbmc coding issue... if u could find out how to do it, i'd sort it out for the next release... post a topic in one of the help forums, theres always helpful people in there... i always hear back in a few hours... let me know what you find out if you decide to hunt for answers...

sorry i couldn't be of more help to you... l8r

Tension113 Wrote:Well now you've done it.. I was all proud of myself and whatnot for figuring out how to get the poster view working again, I decided to try and figure out how to add showcase to it as well.. I have it working, but can't get it to show up in the 'view types' section yet.. I'm very slowly figuring all of this out though.. Your mod inspired me and now I'm probably going to be messing around with everything I see.. So, Thanks a lot.. Laugh

no problemo man... thats what happened to me, and look what i've done with that inspiration... if you can't figure it out i'll try to sort it out next release (obviously, if i get the time)... but good on u... enjoy it... its fun messing around... hope u don't mess anything up... message me if u get anything cool working... maybe i can include it in future releases...

- six_storm - 2008-10-06

xb2iris Wrote:sure will... kinda understand your situation a little better... but as i'm new to the world of skinning, some things i can't quite figure out to do... no idea how the jpg-avi relationship works, as in your case... it completely baffles me... don't quite know if it's something u need to code into the skin, or if it's an xbmc coding issue... if u could find out how to do it, i'd sort it out for the next release... post a topic in one of the help forums, theres always helpful people in there... i always hear back in a few hours... let me know what you find out if you decide to hunt for answers...

sorry i couldn't be of more help to you... l8r

Well that was easy. Just name your jpg image to "filename.tbn" and it will appear correctly! Hope this helps with our knowledge-base lol.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-06

six_storm Wrote:Well that was easy. Just name your jpg image to "filename.tbn" and it will appear correctly! Hope this helps with our knowledge-base lol.

LOL... was it that easy... dam, aren't we lame... well... gotta add that to the feature list of horizonz... hahaha...

- six_storm - 2008-10-06

I do wish there was an automated program to take care of the custom poster art, but hey, I hate programming and I'm not that smart enough to make something that. I do have to commend you on dealing with XML though. I took a look through some of the XML files in the Horizonz skin folder and man, I just realized how much XML I have forgotten over the past two-three years. If I knew XML real well, I'd help you out with the skin project but I'm not that good anymore. I do know some photoshop though so hit me up if you need me on that.

- markiz - 2008-10-06

xb2iris Wrote:no idea what that means... but i'll look into it... it may be something that needs to be added manually... so i'll look into it for you, and yes, if i final a solution... it'll be in the next release...

What I mean is that the text in the menu ("Movies", "TV", "Weather" etc) is not translated. If I select swedish in XBMC, these words are still in english. But everything else is in swedish.

I hope you understand what I mean now Smile

- roeroe - 2008-10-06

What is the dimension of default background file?
The one default\grass.png ?

- xb2iris - 2008-10-06

six_storm Wrote:I do wish there was an automated program to take care of the custom poster art, but hey, I hate programming and I'm not that smart enough to make something that. I do have to commend you on dealing with XML though. I took a look through some of the XML files in the Horizonz skin folder and man, I just realized how much XML I have forgotten over the past two-three years. If I knew XML real well, I'd help you out with the skin project but I'm not that good anymore. I do know some photoshop though so hit me up if you need me on that.

yeah cool... will hola if help is needed, which it may be one day... and i think there is a program for all that... it's called "..." something companion... not sure, but it's on this forum, so search for companion coz i can't remember the first word... maybe movie... not sure...

markiz Wrote:What I mean is that the text in the menu ("Movies", "TV", "Weather" etc) is not translated. If I select swedish in XBMC, these words are still in english. But everything else is in swedish.

I hope you understand what I mean now Smile

oh ok... i'm completely not sure how to do translations markiz... wish i did, but i've never needed a translation, so i have no idea how to create one... maybe that's something u can look into for us...

roeroe Wrote:What is the dimension of default background file?
The one default\grass.png ?

1280x720... if u have a cool backie to use instead of the grey one... send it my way... i like the way the grey background blends in with the showcase view though...

- jag0 - 2008-10-06

quick question. How do i STOP the video i'm currently playing and go back to the library view with this mod?

Otherwise LOVE it.

Thanks

- willers.nail - 2008-10-06

What a skin or mod I suppose. I can actually use Aeon for once without getting frustrated and having to change back to another properly functioning skin. It's like what Aeon was supposed to end up like but actually finished. Runs really good on xbox too thanks for that.

Problem:
I noticed is when in showcase view and when resuming a film is that it wont play because of memory issue's I'd say. Fanart is on and even with xbox compatibilty mode on it still the same.
Film will play if played from the beginning but resume seems to just do nothing. Can even lock the xbox if selected to play again straight after so must be a memory issue. Even with xbox compatibilty mode on it still the same.

Solution:
Can we free more memory somehow when in this view?

- Tension113 - 2008-10-06

xb2iris Wrote:no problemo man... thats what happened to me, and look what i've done with that inspiration... if you can't figure it out i'll try to sort it out next release (obviously, if i get the time)... but good on u... enjoy it... its fun messing around... hope u don't mess anything up... message me if u get anything cool working... maybe i can include it in future releases...

Got it all working.. and I didn't even break anything in the process.. Smile I got a few requests about what I did to fix it, so I'll just post it here.. Just copy and replace these into the 720 folder of the skin.. All this does is add Poster and Showcase views to the Adult(kids) section.. Still have yet to do the same for Clips..

http://rapidshare.com/files/151468974/Showcase.rar.html

Oh and this was the first time I ever tried messing with an Xml file.. So maybe back up your old files.. Smile

- xb2iris - 2008-10-06

jag0 Wrote:quick question. How do i STOP the video i'm currently playing and go back to the library view with this mod?

Otherwise LOVE it.

Thanks

Horizonz was made with the notion that you the user, has a stop button on whatever system ur using... the keyboard, xbox controller, xbox remote all have stop buttons, so i ommited a stop button from the osd... if a stop button doesn't exist, it can easily be mapped to the keymap.xml file... what system are u using and controller are u using?

willers.nail Wrote:What a skin or mod I suppose. I can actually use Aeon for once without getting frustrated and having to change back to another properly functioning skin. It's like what Aeon was supposed to end up like but actually finished. Runs really good on xbox too thanks for that.

Problem:
I noticed is when in showcase view and when resuming a film is that it wont play because of memory issue's I'd say. Fanart is on and even with xbox compatibilty mode on it still the same.
Film will play if played from the beginning but resume seems to just do nothing. Can even lock the xbox if selected to play again straight after so must be a memory issue. Even with xbox compatibilty mode on it still the same.

Solution:
Can we free more memory somehow when in this view?

the only other way to free memory is to disable backdrop cycling... but if ur running out of memory, something else isn't right... like backdrops are too big or posters are too big, or something like that... i've never heard of memory issues during playback on the xbox... i have two housemates with xboxes and horizonz is installed on their systems... they watch movies a lot and they don't ever tell me about memory issues... they've optimized their backdrops and posters though... no idea how i can optimize this even more...have u followed the optimization processes for xbox systems spread around this forum?