Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

midgetspy Wrote:xb2iris have you considered adding the XML needed for an Apple Movie Trailers section? Currently if you run AMT with Aeon it just goes to the PM3 skin.

And thanks again for all the hard work, you've fixed nearly all of the things missing from Aeon which is downright amazing (there were a lot)!

haven't considered it just yet... it's in the scripts section, and once u enter it, it doesn't go to pm3, it just uses a pm3 skin... so, one day i may make a skin for apple movie trailers... as for adding it to the main menu... that's an idea i'll think about...

roeroe Wrote:I'm having trouble replacing the default\grass background
I create a default directory and put grass.png in there but it keep flashing with
my new background and the old in xpr file

I dont like dark color because of my aging eyes :-) and I cant work out how to unpack and repack xpr files

any tips? or can you upload some where the whole structure of skins without packing it into xpr file?

Thanks

the default background is in the textures.xpr... u need to use xpr-express to extract the xpr file found in the media directory... once, unpacked, add a file called grass.png to the default directory overwriting the present one... then, if u want to replace the grey one in showcase or info sections... add a file called showcase.jpg to the textures directory or whichever directory u extracted the xpr file into... then, rename that directory to media and re-compress it and copy it over the textures.xpr in the media directory...

guess that explaination is quick and simple... but yeah, in a bit of rush... sorry... hope u can sort it out!

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

tret Wrote:Hey first of all thanks for working on this mod. I love the simple uncluttered interface that aeon provides and this mod really improves things Smile

I just installed the latest version from the first page of this thread and everything is working great but I am experiencing an odd thing and I wanted to know if there is something I can do about it.

When viewing my movie library in "info" mode and "showcase" mode the movie backdrops that I set in AEON settings that show in every other mode is gone and there is a generic gray backdrop until a movie that has fan art is selected. Is this by design in these two modes?

Secondly while in info mode, when i scroll between movies there is a split second when a movie is first selected that the fan art is displayed, then back to the generic gray backdrop for about a half a second before the fan art loads. Any ideas?

thanks in advance, again great work, thanks so much!

Rob

like tension113 days, uncheck the option... won't work in info view until next release though...

Tension113 Wrote:You need to uncheck the 'disable backdrop cyclying' in Aeon\Features

thanks for the help man

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

markiz Wrote:It's easy to add skin specific strings. All you need to do is to move the hardcoded english text into Horizons/language/English/strings.xml. The most important are the texts in the Main menu in Horisonz.

strings.xml contains strings ID's between 31000 thru 31999 these are reserved by XBMC for skin strings, then just add the label to the skin the same way you would add any other translatable label.

So, at start there will only be the english strings.xml. But soon I and other can help out translating your texts into different language. There is even a specific tool (XBMC Translator) that will help translators. You can also use it when building your strings.xml.

A nice guide to XBMC Translator can be found here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_Translator

So. Basically, all you need to do is to move about 10 hardcoded strings into the strings.xml file and translators will handle the rest :-)

AND - within a week/month your skin will be fully internationalized!

If you need more help, this is where to ask:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=231311

thanks for that... reckon i'll do it when i'm more happy with the skin... other skin's have translations because they have teams of people working on them... i am one man... for aeon, people created their own translations and released them to the public... so for now dude... i won't find the time to do any translations... sorry

- markiz - 2008-10-09

xb2iris Wrote:thanks for that... reckon i'll do it when i'm more happy with the skin... other skin's have translations because they have teams of people working on them... i am one man... for aeon, people created their own translations and released them to the public... so for now dude... i won't find the time to do any translations... sorry

Sorry about my english. I think you misunderstood me.

All you need to do is to take this text and put it in Horizons/language/English/strings.xml

Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
<!-- strings 31000 thru 31999 reserved for skins -->

<strings>
<string id="31000">MUSIC</string>
<string id="31001">GAMES</string>
<string id="31002">ARCADE</string>
<string id="31003">APPS</string>
<string id="31004">PICTURES</string>
<string id="31005">COMICS</string>
<string id="31006">MOVIES</string>
<string id="31007">TV SHOWS</string>
<string id="31008">CLIPS</string>
<string id="31011">WEATHER</string>
<string id="31012">ADULT</string>
<string id="31013">PLAY DISC</string>
</strings>
And then you need to replace each text with its number in Homescrollers.xml. <label>MUSIC</label> will become <label>31000</label>.

It's really that easy Big Grin

I think this would take you about 1 minute. Nod

And dont bother with the translations. I or Blittan can translate to Swedish, and there are lots of others in the translations forum that can translate to other languages.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

markiz Wrote:Sorry about my english. I think you misunderstood me.

All you need to do is to take this text and put it in Horizons/language/English/strings.xml

And then you need to replace each text with its number in Homescrollers.xml. <label>MUSIC</label> will become <label>31000</label>.

It's really that easy Big Grin

I think this would take you about 1 minute. Nod

And dont bother with the translations. I or Blittan can translate to Swedish, and there are lots of others in the translations forum that can translate to other languages.

oh ok... will do that then... by the way, what about the other words that have been used that aren't hardcoded... i've used a few of those... but nyways... i'll add those in then... just for u dude...

- The-Boxhead - 2008-10-09

i dont think you understand the reason for the strings section. no offense.

If you get a basic strings section with those strings, other people would help
out to create other languages.

This is not something you do "just for you" Smile
When a complete english string section is in place its easy for about anyone to do translations later.

- markiz - 2008-10-09

xb2iris Wrote:oh ok... will do that then... by the way, what about the other words that have been used that aren't hardcoded... i've used a few of those... but nyways... i'll add those in then... just for u dude...

Thanks!

I'm not sure what words you're referring too. But the words in the menu should be a good start. If you want to add more words, that's fine with me. I will help out with translating to Swedish.

Oh. And another thing: If you're planning on adding "Kids" to the menu some day - then maby you could add "KIDS" to the strings.xml as well... Smile

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

The-Boxhead Wrote:i dont think you understand the reason for the strings section. no offense.

If you get a basic strings section with those strings, other people would help
out to create other languages.

This is not something you do "just for you" Smile
When a complete english string section is in place its easy for about anyone to do translations later.

actually, this mod was made for myself, someone convinced me to share it with you... but yeah, i get the idea... and it's a mod, not a skin... so, to my defence, i didn't quite think translations would be important... so, relax... take it easy... and rest assured... i'll do something about it when i get the time...

markiz Wrote:Thanks!

I'm not sure what words you're referring too. But the words in the menu should be a good start. If you want to add more words, that's fine with me. I will help out with translating to Swedish.

Oh. And another thing: If you're planning on adding "Kids" to the menu some day - then maby you could add "KIDS" to the strings.xml as well... Smile

no problemo... will add the menu items to the strings.xml... as for the other things... going through the entire skin looking for non-hardcoded labels would be mission, with my social life and other updates i'm busy sorting out at the moment... but, as a basis, the menu should be sorted out by next release...

- rectifier - 2008-10-09

Translations are for skins, not mods. On many occasions, XB2IRIS has said that this mod was for personal use, but decided to share it with the public out of the goodness of his heart.

After all, he decided to take suggestions and requests and modify the mod to suit others' needs, again out of the goodness of his heart. Such suggestions can obviously hinder his personal preference, and on almost every occation has added a feature even though he never uses it or doesn't see the point of it. This mod was never meant to replace AEON, yet everyone is treating him as if that's the case. Will you still download Horizonz, when a new Aeon version comes out. Maybe, maybe not. This is a mod, but so many of you treat it elsewise.

And lately, some of you are forcing suggestions. If you want something, he doesn't feel is important, don't force it, do it yourself. What is a few minutes, knowing he has spent months putting this together. Lord, what's wrong with some of you people. If he says he'll think about it, leave it at that, don't force the topic.

Haven't you noticed, that if he thinks its important enough, he does it. C'mon, stop harrassing the guy. A simple thank you isn't enough for the forceful nature of some of the suggestions i've seen of this forum.

Anyways, just thought i'd voice my opinion.

- BlackRose - 2008-10-09

I completely agree. Unlike some other skin creator's, XB2IRIS has been nothing but great towards everyone using his mod. A few, have helped out where they could, offered encouragement and congratulations about this miraculous mod, and suggested things with understanding, rather than forcing ideas and pushing the bracket.

HORIZONZ is the best mod I've ever used, and obviously I'm excited about what's coming next. But I've been supportive rather than throwing my two sense around trying to get things done for me. While your relaxing waiting for things to happen, the skinner is spending hours and hours trying to get those things done. They don't just get done, time is spent getting them done.

So, everybody, if something is noted by the mod's creator, there is a big chance it'll be done one day. Look at the strike rate for suggestions versus features. It's close to 100%, and that's only due to XB2IRIS's commitement to helping out.

I don't see too many of the suggestions panel dropping in to offer encouragement and insight into what you like that's been done already. XB2IRIS isn't a team, it's an individual! So, be thoughtful and stop forcing ideas! Rectifier, good on you for bringing it up!

- Tension113 - 2008-10-09

What I'd like to know is, when's the next release coming out? What the heck is taking so long?? Stop hanging out in the forums and get this thing moving already! :p

Actually, I don't see what the rush is about.. Just about everything that was either not working or missing, is good now.. I'm pretty happy with the way Horizonz is currently..

As more of a learning experience, I've been messing around with the rss feeds.. I somewhat have it working with the lowered scroller, but not really.. Few other things I'd like to add as well.. Maybe someday I'll make the Horizonz mod mod.. But for now, I think he did a great job on this and I'm looking forward to see what else he has planned..

- The-Boxhead - 2008-10-09

offcourse my post was misunderstood....

I know it's a mod, and yes i know that xb2iris created it for personal use.
i didnt mean anything pushy about my post. i simply said
that maybe x2biris might had misunderstood the reason about strings.. thats
all. dont get this to be a flame about my intentions.

I have created skins myself and know the work and dedication that it takes so dont try and learn me something i know.

damn you guys can be itchy sometimes Wink

- Elias92 - 2008-10-09

Wow, this skin looks really nice!
But will support for 4:3 be added? As it is now, it's quite hard for me to read much of the text.

- midgetspy - 2008-10-09

Elias92 Wrote:Wow, this skin looks really nice!
But will support for 4:3 be added? As it is now, it's quite hard for me to read much of the text.

This is not a skin, this is a mod. Aeon is the skin, and afaik it was meant from the beginning for 720p and 1080p resolution only. Also I believe the original developer never finished it and is working on something else, so you're unlikely to see changes beyond the scope of this mod.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-09

rectifier Wrote:Translations are for skins, not mods. On many occasions, XB2IRIS has said that this mod was for personal use, but decided to share it with the public out of the goodness of his heart.

After all, he decided to take suggestions and requests and modify the mod to suit others' needs, again out of the goodness of his heart. Such suggestions can obviously hinder his personal preference, and on almost every occation has added a feature even though he never uses it or doesn't see the point of it. This mod was never meant to replace AEON, yet everyone is treating him as if that's the case. Will you still download Horizonz, when a new Aeon version comes out. Maybe, maybe not. This is a mod, but so many of you treat it elsewise.

And lately, some of you are forcing suggestions. If you want something, he doesn't feel is important, don't force it, do it yourself. What is a few minutes, knowing he has spent months putting this together. Lord, what's wrong with some of you people. If he says he'll think about it, leave it at that, don't force the topic.

Haven't you noticed, that if he thinks its important enough, he does it. C'mon, stop harrassing the guy. A simple thank you isn't enough for the forceful nature of some of the suggestions i've seen of this forum.

Anyways, just thought i'd voice my opinion.

hmmm... thanks for the backup and acknowledging the effort it takes to put a mod this magnitude together... but like so many skinners or modders before me, perfection is the name of the game, so whatever i can do to make the mod better... yeah, sometimes people don't take no for an answer and they are persistent as hell... but that's the way they are, and i'll do what i always do... if i don't have the time or will to do it, i won't... can't make everone happy, can i... but dude... thanks for the big brother approach... ur comments are always welcome...

BlackRose Wrote:I completely agree. Unlike some other skin creator's, XB2IRIS has been nothing but great towards everyone using his mod. A few, have helped out where they could, offered encouragement and congratulations about this miraculous mod, and suggested things with understanding, rather than forcing ideas and pushing the bracket.

HORIZONZ is the best mod I've ever used, and obviously I'm excited about what's coming next. But I've been supportive rather than throwing my two sense around trying to get things done for me. While your relaxing waiting for things to happen, the skinner is spending hours and hours trying to get those things done. They don't just get done, time is spent getting them done.

So, everybody, if something is noted by the mod's creator, there is a big chance it'll be done one day. Look at the strike rate for suggestions versus features. It's close to 100%, and that's only due to XB2IRIS's commitement to helping out.

I don't see too many of the suggestions panel dropping in to offer encouragement and insight into what you like that's been done already. XB2IRIS isn't a team, it's an individual! So, be thoughtful and stop forcing ideas! Rectifier, good on you for bringing it up!

wow... a big brother and a big sister... hmmm... thanks as well for all the backup and encouragement... nice to have a fan... but yeah, like i said to rectifier, i'm well aware of the pressure some people put on me to get a certain this or that done, but i'll do what suits me for the time i have available... there will always be time in the future to do something... so i just add it to my to-do list... rest assured though... i really appreciate everything u say... but i'm a big boy... can take anything anyone dishes out... but yeah, thanks for everything...