Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- xb2iris - 2008-10-11

XBDD Wrote:I've never tried any skin with a x-factor, there's always something that gets on my nerves.

that's so true...

quebert Wrote:That makes sense to me, I should probably upgrade my monitor any ways, I have a 21" CRT I run it in 720p windowed mode and it looks great, not full screen but big enough for me and everything looks normal.

that's good to know dude... i'd hate to be stuck with fonts that don't align... good that u found a way around the problem, until it can finally be addressed...

missy_xbmc Wrote:I've been downloading skins, mods and plugins for xbmc since day 1, which feels like an age ago. Changed my user name many many times, changed my media libraries 1000 times and watched or listened to a million or more videos or songs on who knows how many skins. Used an xbox in it's day, got a htpc and a projector, and ended up with a linux system at work and apple tv at home.

BUT never, not in 5 years, have I liked a skin as much as this one. There's always been a home screen feature, glitch in the look or something itchy that never quite got me stuck to a skin as I've been stuck to this one. I just can't find a complaint...

And with this recent Screenshot, I'm even more stuck. It looks ABSOLUTELY FAB! Everything about it rings quality! I really can't wait!

You have an updates list for the new release, or you going to release it with the updateHuh?

WOW! that's what i'm talking about... thanks for that... need to know people are liking what i'm doing... seriously, good 2 know that my work is appreciated... wish there were more people throughing comments like yours around...

Oh, about the updates list... i always release the full list with the actual release... so, hang in there... it'll be out as soon as I'm happy with what I've done..

- xb2iris - 2008-10-11

XBDD Wrote:Until now that is. This skin has the X-FACTOR, or in less geeky terms, it's the best skin around, and has the biggest potential I reckon. I think all die hard fans of Aeon, this is what we wanted Aeon to end up as!

Anyways, bring Vol 3 on. We're all waiting!

I'm aiming for just that... but I'm afraid, it's not there just yet... if this was a new skin and not a mod, it's ideolody would not be tarnished by months and months of waiting for it to get to a stable build... one day it'll probably change quite a deal... then maybe, that x factor may show his face...

pletopia Wrote:question .. that shows off the desktop how it will look will the menu bar in the middle

i presonally don't like that, i feel that having it lowered makes it look better with backgrounds .. anyway .. if i lower it .. will the time/weather thing stay attached to the menu bar or will they go back to the top ??

cool... check the screenshot after all the replies to see what the lower scroller position looks like... it's been changed a tad, still no rss feed... but hope u like itHuh let me know what u think!

- xb2iris - 2008-10-11

The-Boxhead Wrote:i just dont get all the nagging about that the actual skin functions is in the way of backgrounds and fanart or whatnot !!

Hell it's a skin and not a wallpaper ! if a skin is gonna have some userfriendlyness there has to be clear and easy to understand controls.

In the long run you really dont watch the backgrounds on a skin or do you ? you have the mediacenter to have an easy access to your media. !!

Man all this nonsense makes me bellive that some people actually bellives that its better to have a skin completely without userfunctions and just a nice backdrop to look at... I myself stick a painting on my wall if i want to look at something nice...

working on removing all the user functions so the skin is voice activated... so, if u say "The Incredible Hulk" the movie will play... hmmm... yeah, i get what u mean... but i totally believe visual stimulus is very important as well... didn't know the lower scroll bar was used by anyone, but since a while back... i've received a few questions about it... but yes, the most important thing about any skin is to provide easy access to media...

markiz Wrote:I just found out. It is possible to have different icons for the parent folder and for video files!

DefaultFolderBackBig.png vs DefaultFolderBig.png vs DefaultVideoBig.png for instance.

You can place some images named like that in the media/ folder in the skin.

yeah, i have a default for all of them, or at least, i hope i do... it's cool to make ur own icons and replace the defaults in the xpr file with ur own... customization is the name of the game dude... by the way... added all main menu and section headings into the strings.xml... i'll add the rest at a later stage ok...

digitalhigh Wrote:How about trying to emulate that delicious showcase view that was called "Skyline"? Maybe call it "Horizon" instead? The big glossy posters? I don't want you to rip-off Stark, but I also would love to see a working version of that view. Big Grin

you didn't expect me to do this after those pm's did yah... anyways... did alter the info view to replicate the skyline view... didn't change the frames though, coz that would mean an entire overhaul of the frames across the skin... i think i will do that at a later stage... maybe i'll create a universal frame quite similar to the one in that stark image... dark and slick sounds good... but we'll see

- xb2iris - 2008-10-11

rectifier Wrote:Stunning job XB2IRIS! Pitty it's a screenshot and not the actual release, not that implies that I'm putting pressure on you to release anything anytime soon.

Isn't that peak ironic. Strange thing, it looks even better than the original stark preview in my opinion. Every touch is brilliant! The NOW PLAYING section looks remarkably neat and works really well with the RSS and Bar. Nice touch having that glow effect surrounding the cover art. It's eye catching and will definately light my Living Room up even more than it is already.

Really looking forward to the actual release. Volume III is going to be one hell of a spectacular piece of art. Wonder what's in stall for us, the users.

I still don't see enough praise on this forum since that screenshot was released. A lot of people are asking about features and if this or that is included. What about acknowledging how amazing the screenshot looks!

Anyways, bring it on!

ironic, u got that right... stark is taking forever to create... and all the more, it's taking an age for it's creator to come out of hibernation and give us a sign he's still working on it... i'm sure he is though...

thanks nyways for all the comments... u always cheer a dude up... glad u like all the extra touches i put in... didn't think anyone would notice them... and don't worry dude... there's no pressure on me... i'm too laid back for anything like that to influence me...

volume iii will be here soon...

rectifier Wrote:Oh, and yes, the NINE INCH NAILS cover DJH_ used is for track number 3. I just checked. Like that your a NIN fan as well. If only Trent knew about XBMC, he'd appreciate this work of art!

I'll check back later. Really excited! Amazing mod's can get better!

hahaha... not the perfectionist i thought he was... it is indead the cover art for track number 3, the name exsapes me... i got the album single by single for free of nin.com... great album though...

Tension113 Wrote:Well that figures.. I almost have my Horizonz: Volume II , looking the way I want it to and you go and change the way everything looks.. Laugh Looks great though.. I'm starting to get the hang of things, so hopefully I'll be able to apply what I'm doing to Volume III when it comes.. Smile

Still working away at it, but here's where I'm at so far..

great job tension113... it's always cool to make ur own modifications... no skin is presicely the way u want... so why not tweak it to your hearts content... well, i had to change the mod, sorry... but hopefully u'll be able to do ur magic on volume 3 again... nyways... ur a pretty dark one it seems... hahaha... steven vai is cool though...

check the screenshot after these posts to see what the lower position home scroller will look like in vol. iii... l8r

- xb2iris - 2008-10-11

BlackRose Wrote:Just saw the lara croft screenshot, and let me tell u, if I wasn't excited before, I'm definately excited now.

Tell me this next release is out soon. C'mon guys and gals, positive feedback will prevail. We can get Volume III out if we stand together!

I absolutely love the screener. Like that u've changed the main menu, even though I don't believe it needed anything done to it beforehand. It was splendid from day one, but I've got to say, I adore the new look. May start using the RSS Feed again. Haven't missed it, but it looks amazing on that capture.

Well, all I want to know is when this release is coming out. There's a lot of updates included I take it. I'll be happy with just having the main menu page looking like the preview. Can't believe it. Doubt it'll get DJH out of hibernation though, and I believe that's the reason for doing the shot the way you did.

So, tell us, when will it be out. Guess u haven't said anything since the screenshot because there hasn't been enough positive feedback just yet. Well, everybody, Looks amazing don't you think?

you you you... u always say the right things don't u... hahaha... well... glad u like it... it's true... people sometimes believe they are commending a screenshot and end up subcosciously undoing their comments... but yeah, thats this forum for u... gotta love it though... a, that looks amazing comment, goes a long way... but so few people don't understand that a simple comment such as that one, gets there suggestions taken seriously... well... check back soon... update is almost finish...

six_storm Wrote:I like where you got rid of the CD jewel case on the album art, looks way better. Looking great!

I wouldn't mind seeing a font change on the main menu myself, but that's something easily changed. Big Grin

yeah, i had to... cd jewel case is still in there in the skin, but i've kept the main page uniform... like that idea for now... anyways... i do think its time for a home scroller font change as well... i'll look into it... but thanks for the effort of putting a comment up today... know it's an important one... hope it went well!

Volume III: Coming Soon - xb2iris - 2008-10-11

Just another peak into the future of Horizonz.

Over the past few weeks, the Lower Home Scroller position has been mentioned more and more frequently. So, here's a screenshot of what to expect in the next release Volume III.

Still awaiting more Feedback on the topic of Home Screen's and older versions of the Mod. Thing's won't get changed unless you say something, and obviously, flattery will get you very far to getting your way... LOL!

Your turn...!

- BlackRose - 2008-10-11

Lord, things just keep on getting better. Was going to ask when the Now Playing panel would be added to the lower home screen position. I'm a fan of it as well, but I was convinced, after seeing the last screenshot, I'd revert to the middle of the screen scroller.

But now, with it included on the lower position, I'm well impressed, and really happy to keep things exactly the way I like them. Dam, that's an amazing screenshot.

And I'm happy u decided to omit the rss feed from the lower screener. It would clutter the screen way to much. The point of this view is to focus attention on backdrops and even with the now playing panel, this does the job PERFECTLY!

Well done! Release the Goddamn volume 3 already Smile

- Tension113 - 2008-10-11

That looks awesome.. I wasn't aware anyone used the higher scroller still.. :p I didn't think I was going to like it, but the time/date does look nice where you have it.. Looks great to me.. I approve Smile

- BlackRose - 2008-10-11

One thing I have to add as well.

You're really talented at selecting Backdrop images for screenshots! Since that spiderman screenshot, you've done a wonderful job capturing your skin.

- digitalhigh - 2008-10-11

SCHWING!!!

Very very sweet, dude. Cannot wait for Vol III. Big Grin

- Cranial - 2008-10-12

I've been quietly idling in the background, watching and waiting. I wanted to leave you be to continue your great work xb2iris..... But I see you feed on praise so praise it shall be Wink

Every screenshot you have posted so far has been amazing. I love what you're doing and highly encourage you to continue on the same path.

It is because of Aeon and now Horizonz Mod that I have got back into my media centre. So... thank you.

I'm still trying to find time to put together some great background pictures, but it'll get there.

- BlackRose - 2008-10-12

xb2iris Wrote:Just another peak into the future of Horizonz.

Over the past few weeks, the Lower Home Scroller position has been mentioned more and more frequently. So, here's a screenshot of what to expect in the next release Volume III.

Still awaiting more Feedback on the topic of Home Screen's and older versions of the Mod. Thing's won't get changed unless you say something, and obviously, flattery will get you very far to getting your way... LOL!

Your turn...!

Can't sleep. Thought I'd look if there were anything interesting going on in these forums, and this screenshot popped up!

That's the second time this screenshot captivated me. That backdrop is unbelievable! The Skin passing over the backdrop is even more sensational. I'm in love with that screenshot!

Simply stunning!

- takagen - 2008-10-12

Will we have the option to choose the position for the date & time?
Personally, i still prefer it on the top right.

- Cranial - 2008-10-12

BlackRose Wrote:That's the second time this screenshot captivated me. That backdrop is unbelievable! The Skin passing over the backdrop is even more sensational. I'm in love with that screenshot!

Simply stunning!

You're much better at the flattery than myself. Go forth and inspire xb2iris's creative genius.

Oh, and noticed the most recent visitors to your profile? You're garnering some attention I see......

- 7s7 - 2008-10-12

takagen Wrote:Will we have the option to choose the position for the date & time?
Personally, i still prefer it on the top right.

I have to agree, love what you have done but time panel up the top is much better.