Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- dynamix - 2008-10-16

Absolutely love this release! Really like the design of the mainmenu scroller and now playing widget. Also the Info view is superb. Like it's speed and smoothness. And there has to be much more to discover tonight Wink

Excellent work, xb2iris!

- XBDD - 2008-10-16

Amazing release. Everthing looks stunning especially the new Info view! Home screen is too special for words.

Downloading now, will let you know what I think later on. Thanks for the release. I'm real happy now!

- missy_xbmc - 2008-10-16

I'm getting this right now.

I can't wait to ride you, you hunk of a skin. Great job XB2IRIS! Screeners are real sexy and I'm sure this release will be orgasmic!

- rectifier - 2008-10-16

WOW! All I can say is WOW!

I'll let you know what I think at a later stage!

Thanks for all the hard work and the number of features and requests u've dealt with!

- andyg8180 - 2008-10-16

I thought Aeon was kinda just "meh" after installing it... Threw on your Horizon mod, and DAMN!! Just wanted to compliment you on the fine job you did...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-16

harryzimm Wrote:Thought i would pop in to say this mod is fantastic!! Horizonz is pretty much complete now.

xb2iris your doing a great job with your mod. Thanks for sharing it with us.

cheers.

not complete just yet, but thanks for those comments

six_storm Wrote:Awesome bro, will try this when I get home.

i want an extensive review on pm sometime, see what we need to change later on

midgetspy Wrote:WOW.

I can't wait to get home and give this a try, it looks amazing! Really awesome work xb2iris, thanks for making such an amazing skin!

no problem dude

UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:I am looking forward to this release. I'll grab it now. I know the lowered rss feed didn't make it this time but maybe next release? Maybe also as an option to show or not to show?

next time dude... lower rss is on the to do list... as for it showing, thats already in the screen options Wink

Darre Wrote:I like it =) Didn't really like version 2, something was off, but this one is looking really good!

Downloading now! Thx a lot Smile

u didn't like version 2... hmmm... well guess i'll have to find out where u live... hehehe... hope u like the new one...

- joebrady - 2008-10-16

Looks good, tested a bit last night, didn't recall seeing it, but is there functionality for xbox game trainers?

- xb2iris - 2008-10-16

Darre Wrote:Hi

Don't know if it's intentional or not, but the behaviour with fanart is different for showcase and info view.. I like showcase the best, but I only get the behaviour I would like to see with info view.

Thing is I have enabled my own fanart in settings, so it constantly cycles from my folder of choice.. When I pause on a movie in info view the fanart for the movie I selected slide in, but this does not happen in showcase.. Here fanart for the selected movie/tvserie does not show as long as I have selected "cycle fanart in info/showcase views..." in settings.

I would like the behaviour where I can have my chosen fanart cycling, untill I pause on a movie, then it should show the fanart for that movie. As I said I don't know if it is intentional or not, but I found it a bit weird that the behaviour is not the same for the two views..

Thx for a great skin =)

just tried it, and it works fine on my system, and someone else tension113 confirmed it works on his... so, maybe ur running out of memory or something... no idea... fanart cycling works a ok for me, so i don't know how i can help u out... although i do... guess u don't like volume iii now either... hahaha...

Tension113 Wrote:Wow.. Seriously??

This looks great.. Just did a quick run through and I gotta say, you did an awesome job on this.. Love the new backdrop and all the new options.. The little Mod tab you did is nice too..

The cast section looks so much nicer now too..

I'm sure you'll be hearing this all night, but you did a fantastic job on this..

glad u liked the backdrop... its special coz it has an iris in it... lol... thanks for those fixes... and that cast section... work the way you wanted it to... coz i haven't tested it out properly...Huh

proctor Wrote:Very good work. After seeing this it might finally be the end of PM3.

trying to turn aeon into pm3... functionality is the name of the game in my opinion... glad u like it...

jarod71 Wrote:looking good, however, the tv view with the filmstrip border around the screen thumbnails looks a little out of place. I really like the dvd case. I think it should kinda flow a little better. It would be nice if the now playing icon had the dvd cover as well and if we could have something similar for the tv episodes and music albums. not sure. Just looks a little disjointed. these are observations form the screenshots. I will try it out myself tonight. I think you should move away form the dvd case and make all the views look like the now playing with a gloss and just a border. any one else have any ideas?

out of place... people complained about the original so i changed it, and since then, ur the only one to complain about the new one... create a new filmstrip overlay for me and send it to me so i can include it, not making any changes for awhile... but we'll see what happens come volume iv... and for now playing... i removed the other covers from it for a reason, the home screen needed uniformity, and needed a bit of modifying... so i did what i did... but universal covers may be the way of the future... we'll see...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-16

KevinSartori Wrote:Excellent work! Thanks again for all of the effort!

no problem man...

bavarian323i Wrote:how do you change the temperature in weather to F?

no idea... ask that question in the help forums... someone will tell u how thats done...

bavarian323i Wrote:how do you get past the setup menu in this and actually use the program?

press the back button...

BlackRose Wrote:There we go, thanks XB2IRIS.

Screenshots looks amazing, especially the new Info view and new Wall Info panels. Going to download now and i'll give it a go and let you know my thoughts sometime tomorrow. OK?

This is one mean release, the list of changes is long and strong in my opinion. Best thing is that you do your own thing as well, and don't just deal with requests.

And again, A FEW PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINING AGAIN.

DID YOU LIFT A FINGER TO CREATE SKIN, no! It tooks 100's of hours to put this together, so have respect. Rather ask a question or make a request than making outrageous statements.

Stop complaining. It upsets me, and I bet every person in here who loves this skin.

as usual... ur comments have too much fire for words... thanks for every comment and keep the violence to a minimum... but yes, it takes ages doing this, and i'm sure a few people don't care about that... but what can we do... they'll just not get any requests done and will ultimately be ignored... so, yeah, why bother... can't wait to hear what you have to say!

R111 Wrote:painful bro.. thanks for Vol.3

hahaha... you gotta know it, and yes, the wait for volume iv will be longer... holiday awaits!

- BlackRose - 2008-10-16

Ok, heres the low down!

It's amazing. From the home screen to the view changes, everything is slick as hell. The Info view is my new default. It's so smooth and in my opinion looks better than the Showcase view now, with the small text while navigating your collection. Love the letter showing location in catalogue as well. Real useful! Using lower home scroller position, and the shading behind the now playing panel bothers me, because some text gets mingled in the background (that's a requests, my first). Like the cast section in video info as well. Good that thumbs have been included. All in all, amazing job with this Volume! I love everything, and I can't wait for Volume 4!

Keep up the good work and enjoy ur time off. We won't bother u too much!

- xb2iris - 2008-10-16

Tension113 Wrote:Not sure why this would be happening.. I have mine set to cycle through my fanart and both showcase and info are working the same.. Fanart for each movie comes into view when paused on it..

thanks for the help man... reckon it's a memory issue...

hicaow Wrote:woot! my life is complete :]

great work , thanx!

no problemo man... u asked for it... so, thank u for the idea... u like the cancel timer option?

rayjayy Wrote:mirror please!

hope u got it...

eQUIV Wrote:Screenshots look great, I'll install this and try it out when I get home. Has anyone used this version on their Xbox? I'm wondering how well it runs on xbox, i love the new features and look of this but am worried how it will run.

Anyways, thanks for all your hard work XB2IRIS.

works fine on my friends xbox... but there are issues when backdrop cycling is enabled in showcase and info views... but very seldom... memory issues occur from time to time... but across the rest of the skin... it works fine... so, if u have memory glitches, try resizing fanart and hopefully that'll make showcase and info work perfectly...

Cranial Wrote:Check your pm's, I'll leave it up for a week or so. Not too many hits Wink

thanks for keeping it on a downlow...

- jarod71 - 2008-10-16

I tried it at home, I like the movie and music views, I like the pictures section alot, I can live with the views for games, I don't like the filmstrip overlay on the tv show screenshots, I will try to mod that myself. I think overall it is very slick and very functional. It looks great for sure. My original point is I would like to see a little uniformity across all the views. thats all. A lot of skins feel unfinished and lack the final polish of a pmIII. this is very polished. It will probably be my main skin. I love mediastreams attention to detail but it is just too busy/cluttered for me.

This is very stripped down and functional at the same time. I just think a set of icons or overlays over all views would tie it all together. I appreciate all the work that has gone into this.

one question, how do I speed up the delay it takes to show the info and fanart for a movie?

thanks for all your hard effort!

- xb2iris - 2008-10-16

pletopia Wrote:just grabbed the new revision .. looks nice so far Smile

thx xb2iris

gonna put it through its licks later tonight when i got time and then i'll report back

thanks... let me know ur thoughts... hope u like it...

nemrod95 Wrote:Hi,
Great, great mod of Aeon, i love it Smile It's my new default skin for xbmc
Thanks Xb2iris for your hard work
It's not possible to include Rss feed with the lower home scroller position ?

lower rss will be included in lower view at a later stage... thanks for making it ur default... trying to doing that for everyone...

six_storm Wrote:Looks and works great man! Great job and hope to see another volume on its way later down the road.

there will be one one day... maybe ur help will be needed Wink

idlerobbo Wrote:Does anyone else wonder if we are getting toa point where this thing can't be improved!??

hmmm... anything can be improved... we'll see what new magical functions arrive down the road... ideas are already running through my brain, so we'll see... any advice... pass it on...

Doraemonn Wrote:Awesome job!

Any chance you could add the Watched/Unwatched status overlay and item count used by Mediastream in TV Shows Library mode? It's incredibly useful to see what's newly downloaded without having to Hide Watched, which can make the interface look very messy with the same two or three shows repeating forever.

Keep up the great work!

that's on the to do list... don't now about the item count... what u mean by that, coz horizonz has an item count displaying on most views...Huh explain and we'll see if it can find its way into the next release...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-16

dynamix Wrote:Absolutely love this release! Really like the design of the mainmenu scroller and now playing widget. Also the Info view is superb. Like it's speed and smoothness. And there has to be much more to discover tonight Wink

Excellent work, xb2iris!

thanks man... that's the kinda responce any skinner likes to here...

XBDD Wrote:Amazing release. Everthing looks stunning especially the new Info view! Home screen is too special for words.

Downloading now, will let you know what I think later on. Thanks for the release. I'm real happy now!

glad ur happy man... let me know what u think ok...

missy_xbmc Wrote:I'm getting this right now.

I can't wait to ride you, you hunk of a skin. Great job XB2IRIS! Screeners are real sexy and I'm sure this release will be orgasmic!

sexy... hmmm... they're cool, but sexy... well, thats a good thing then... pass a review my way sometime... maybe the skin can be sexy as well...

rectifier Wrote:WOW! All I can say is WOW!

I'll let you know what I think at a later stage!

Thanks for all the hard work and the number of features and requests u've dealt with!

cool... i await ur thoughts...

andyg8180 Wrote:I thought Aeon was kinda just "meh" after installing it... Threw on your Horizon mod, and DAMN!! Just wanted to compliment you on the fine job you did...

thanks man... glad u like it...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-16

joebrady Wrote:Looks good, tested a bit last night, didn't recall seeing it, but is there functionality for xbox game trainers?

nope... don't think so... but i'll look into it... where is that supposed to be in the skin by the way?

BlackRose Wrote:Ok, heres the low down!

It's amazing. From the home screen to the view changes, everything is slick as hell. The Info view is my new default. It's so smooth and in my opinion looks better than the Showcase view now, with the small text while navigating your collection. Love the letter showing location in catalogue as well. Real useful! Using lower home scroller position, and the shading behind the now playing panel bothers me, because some text gets mingled in the background (that's a requests, my first). Like the cast section in video info as well. Good that thumbs have been included. All in all, amazing job with this Volume! I love everything, and I can't wait for Volume 4!

Keep up the good work and enjoy ur time off. We won't bother u too much!

great review... and yes, i get what ur saying about the now playing panel... i'll change it for next release... thanks again my number one fan... always good when someone likes a release that much, that they through a comment like that on here... keep em coming!

jarod71 Wrote:I tried it at home, I like the movie and music views, I like the pictures section alot, I can live with the views for games, I don't like the filmstrip overlay on the tv show screenshots, I will try to mod that myself. I think overall it is very slick and very functional. It looks great for sure. My original point is I would like to see a little uniformity across all the views. thats all. A lot of skins feel unfinished and lack the final polish of a pmIII. this is very polished. It will probably be my main skin. I love mediastreams attention to detail but it is just too busy/cluttered for me.

This is very stripped down and functional at the same time. I just think a set of icons or overlays over all views would tie it all together. I appreciate all the work that has gone into this.

one question, how do I speed up the delay it takes to show the info and fanart for a movie?

thanks for all your hard effort!

ok, second person to mention tv episode overlay... if u can sort a nice overlay out for it, pass it my way and i'll include it... look forward to seeing what you can create dude... pm me a screenshot when ur done... i'm completly into the uniform thumbnail overlay idea... want to do it, but i'm lost in my attempts so far... and as u know, not updating for awhile due to taking a break... so, if u can sort a great overlay out for me... we'll unleesh it in volume iv... pm me with ur thoughts... thanks for the great comment...