Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

- frater - 2008-10-18

xb2iris Wrote:trust me... that delay is perfect... it was way shorter for awhile... something like 500ms... but it started to irritate the heck out of me, because i stop on a movie sometimes by mistake... but yeah... it's been tried... and it wasn't favorable... Wink

I'll trust you.

But what about leaving the backdrop until it has to be changed to a new one?
And what happened to the cycling backdrops when there's no fanart available?

The following is a matter of taste, but I think the layer to create an illusion of a highlight is too opaque.
I'm talking about the elliptical gray smudge beneath the title of the movie....
Something more transparent, lighter a bit blue-ish.
Maybe that illusion of a stage-light wasn't intended, if it wasn't it might be a good idea

As I said before... Have a nice holiday and DON'T DARE to answer this post immediately Big Grin

- yadster - 2008-10-18

markiz Wrote:Thanks for fulfilling my request. The skin looks awsome!

I also find it really easy to make a KIDS section. Just rename MOVIES or CLIPS to KIDS in Strings.xml and put all your kids movies in the Movies/Clips folder and you're done.
Probably me been a bit thick but I can't find strings.xml. In the last version I edited CLIPS to KIDS in homescroller.xml but for the life of me I cannot find it in this version.

- markiz - 2008-10-18

languages/English/strings.xml

- yadster - 2008-10-18

markiz Wrote:languages/English/strings.xml

Cheers Markiz

- MikeBeecham - 2008-10-18

Great Mod...X...I've been trying it and I like it a lot. The ONLY thing that bugs me is the TV shows "filmstrip" image that surrounds each thumbnail...I dont think from a design perspective that it fits the smoothness of the rest of the skin.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-18

XBDD Wrote:Review time.

I've been using Volume III for a few days now, and dam, am I impressed. Everything I wanted for this skin, has been attended to. Your attention to detail is insane! The home screen animation and light crest effect goes so well together, I almost shit myself, every time i see it. The color squemes are punishing to the eyes in the best of ways. Dark and Light combine so well, I can't believe how well you've done. It's starting to look a lot more futuristic, which I believe ur purpose was. Using the skin, is smooth and free of glitches, even on my best friends xbox. The Info view is highly impressive and has finally got me away from the showcase view. It's brilliantly done, and the wall info panels adds a well needed twist. I love the touches you've made to make things more interesting. The two-wall info was a surprise. Good Idea! Above all, the OSD feels great and the animation suits every window in there.

Amazing release XB2IRIS! What more can we expect of you! This is amazing. This is what everyone wanted Aeon to become. Thanks so much for everything. You're a creative genius!

I think everyone in here, should start making good requests. This skin is close to perfection, and I'm really getting half of things what XB2IRIS has done with so many important things. Little ideas we should all applaud!

WHO OF YOU IN HERE BELIEVE this skin DESERVES ITS OWN SUB FORUMHuh?

review... yippee... great words there... i'm real happy someone took the time to write a detailed review without pointing out the flaws this skin clearly has... but thank you, i'll remember those king words for ages...

nyways... i'd like my own forum as well... makes sense... this mod has been running for quite some time... and with aeon changing to stark... i think its only fair that this mod gets recognised as a continuation of classic... no idea how to go about it though... guess, i'm happy someone says something, but i'm not going to be the one to stir the boiling pot which is aeon's progress...but thanks, guess i'll send someone a message...

rectifier Wrote:This is the best view I've ever used in any skin. I Love it! Thanks for this amazing skin! My default by default!

Anyways, I agree THIS SKIN DESERVES ITS OWN SECTION UNDER THE SKIN SECTIONS!

Who here is with us!

well, thats two people supporting the mod, to become a skin of its own... guess no one else cares... but we'll see... maybe i'll stop production and dissapear like djh_... hehehe...

Johnny_Blaze Wrote:My friend showed me this skin a few days ago, so I had to download it!

TY! It's splendid, and to think I've been stuck with MediaStream over the last few months. It's a bit too cluttered in my opinion. Works amazing, but hasn't got that edge this mod has, you know the edge a skin needs to make even the most critical of XBMC users raise their eyebrows in amazement!

This skin forum is so hidden away. Took me awhile to spot it, but thank God I did! Can't you make it easier to find. Put it up on the hierachy of forums. Maybe where the skins categories show!

Thanks a lot though. Was in desperate need of a change, and this was a good change!

no problem.. . happy u like it... its good to hear positivity wherever it is... thanks... and yes, this forum shouldn't be so hidden away... wish i had the power to change the way it is...

takagen Wrote:Hi, a little contribution for xbox users.

Fixed the TrainerSettings.xml

I think we still need OverlayHasTrainer.png & OverlayTrained.png in the texture.xpr.
Hope we can have that in the future.

Thanks.

thanks for that man... will definately add this in come Volume IV... change a few things to go with the skin better... but thanks a lot, it's good when people help out sorting issues i don't have the time to deal with... i'll probably pass my code and graphics i've created ur way when i get to it, so u can test the result (no xbox to play around with it anymore)... nyways... anything else u sort out that i can't test, pass it on ok...

markiz Wrote:Thanks for fulfilling my request. The skin looks awsome!

I also find it really easy to make a KIDS section. Just rename MOVIES or CLIPS to KIDS in Strings.xml and put all your kids movies in the Movies/Clips folder and you're done.

I like the new date-panel at the main page. But I would like to disable it for all other views. I'm using the file view, and the date-panel still looks the same as before. If it is changed in the library view, then maby you could change it the same in the file view? Or make a new option to "only show date panel at main page" or something like that. Or tell me what file to look in to manually remove it from other pages. Thanks.

didn't know it was that easy to change the sections... and all that... haven't even wiffed in that direction during the creation process, so thanks for letting me know its not that hard... about the time panel... i'm using the same one in library and file mode... its no different to the way it was in volume 2... didn't want to change it, because the home screen is a different element to the sections it links to... didn't want a uniform feel between the two... wanted it to be two seperate feels... hope that makes sense... may add an option to disable it on the other sections besides the main page... look into it when i get the time ok...

- BlackRose - 2008-10-18

I agree with the three other people who mentioned this topic.

I think HORIZONZ has found a new light and has moved in a completely different direction to Aeon, and with Aeon changing to Stark, maybe it's time Horizonz be given it's own forum with XB2IRIS as the admin.

I've noticed so many people posting help topics about Horizonz in this forum, and I don't think DJH would appreciate it having to look at topics about a completely different skin or whats its called at present a mod.

Show me a single mod with +-500 posts and 3 versions. That doesn't exist! So, how would we go about getting Horizonz its own skin topic? XB2IRIS, have you looked into it yet?

- six_storm - 2008-10-18

+1 on Horizonz having it's own sub-forum. I agree with everything BlackRose said.

- xb2iris - 2008-10-18

frater Wrote:I'll trust you.

But what about leaving the backdrop until it has to be changed to a new one?
And what happened to the cycling backdrops when there's no fanart available?

The following is a matter of taste, but I think the layer to create an illusion of a highlight is too opaque.
I'm talking about the elliptical gray smudge beneath the title of the movie....
Something more transparent, lisghter a bit blue-ish.
Maybe that illusion of a stage-light wasn't intended, if it wasn't it might be a good idea

As I said before... Have a nice holiday and DON'T DARE to answer this post immediately Big Grin

that leaving the backdrop idea, is a bit impossible to implement because backdrop cycling is based off a timer and changes after that timer is complete... wish it were possible, because that would make showcase so much more stable in my opinion... if fanart isn't used, disable the use fanart for movies option is aeon feature settings... thats should sort the issue out i hope... about the highlight in showcase... yeah, was thinking of changing the color, but we'll see what happens when i start editing again...

will enjoy the holiday, i leave this week... but i'll be around here until then to help out as best as i can... and to add stuff to my todo list... l8r dude...

yadster Wrote:Probably me been a bit thick but I can't find strings.xml. In the last version I edited CLIPS to KIDS in homescroller.xml but for the life of me I cannot find it in this version.

like markiz says... hehehe...

markiz Wrote:languages/English/strings.xml

there u go... why do i reply to posts like this... hehehe...

yadster Wrote:Cheers Markiz

me again... yippee..

MikeBeecham Wrote:Great Mod...X...I've been trying it and I like it a lot. The ONLY thing that bugs me is the TV shows "filmstrip" image that surrounds each thumbnail...I dont think from a design perspective that it fits the smoothness of the rest of the skin.

thanks for the comment mikey... i'm honored to have u checking it out... i hear u about the filmstrip... was trying something, but with a few complaints about it, i'll be doing something about it... maybe something universal is needed for the future... we'll see... thanks for taking the time to leave a comment... we know how little u have... l8r u legendary dude...

- xb2iris - 2008-10-18

BlackRose Wrote:I agree with the three other people who mentioned this topic.

I think HORIZONZ has found a new light and has moved in a completely different direction to Aeon, and with Aeon changing to Stark, maybe it's time Horizonz be given it's own forum with XB2IRIS as the admin.

I've noticed so many people posting help topics about Horizonz in this forum, and I don't think DJH would appreciate it having to look at topics about a completely different skin or whats its called at present a mod.

Show me a single mod with +-500 posts and 3 versions. That doesn't exist! So, how would we go about getting Horizonz its own skin topic? XB2IRIS, have you looked into it yet?

very true... but we'll see... i'll send the admin a message and see what he says... maybe we're being illogical... but maybe, someone has a soft spot for this mod...

six_storm Wrote:+1 on Horizonz having it's own sub-forum. I agree with everything BlackRose said.

more support... thanks dude... seems a revolution is on the way!

- missy_xbmc - 2008-10-18

Thanks for the quick reply the other day. The best skin has the quickest responce, only serves it right!

Anyways, just read a few messages from the last few days, and dam, I hope Horizonz gets it's own sub-forum.

It deserves it, and you being the special one, and best, most in touch skin creator on this forum, also deserves to be the admin of your own Forum!

Good luck, I hope someone important out there reads the messages about Sub-Forums!

- Johnny_Blaze - 2008-10-18

I know I'm a newbie, but I have to agree, no skin as good as this one should be hidden away.

It's the pride and joy of xbmc in my opinion. Something that looks this good, shouldn't be a mission to find.

C'mon, there are pictures of it on the xbmc.org home page! Make sense doesn't it!

- Livin - 2008-10-18

Livin Wrote:xb2iris,
can you make the default (black) menu less transparent? It is difficult read when there is a dark background.

Also, alternative borders... please. DVD & CD cases are not really needed (and in some cases even appropriate) with much content no longer coming from "disc" ... plus I think the skin is 100% sleek, with exception of the 'cases'. At least give us the option to have a "normal" border.

xb2iris?

- xb2iris - 2008-10-18

missy_xbmc Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply the other day. The best skin has the quickest responce, only serves it right!

Anyways, just read a few messages from the last few days, and dam, I hope Horizonz gets it's own sub-forum.

It deserves it, and you being the special one, and best, most in touch skin creator on this forum, also deserves to be the admin of your own Forum!

Good luck, I hope someone important out there reads the messages about Sub-Forums!

i hope so too... but we'll see what happens... don't know if anyone important even looks at other skins besides the ones they've created... thats why mikebircham being here earlier was a grand moment...

Johnny_Blaze Wrote:I know I'm a newbie, but I have to agree, no skin as good as this one should be hidden away.

It's the pride and joy of xbmc in my opinion. Something that looks this good, shouldn't be a mission to find.

C'mon, there are pictures of it on the xbmc.org home page! Make sense doesn't it!

yeah, thats an important point i completely overlooked...

Livin Wrote:xb2iris?

yeah, i'll change the home screen scroller transparency... thats an idea, but the frames issue has been brought up to many times for me to talk about it again... lots of people like them, lots of people don't... so, i'll look into it... reckon u can make us a few frames Wink

going on holiday, u'll have to wait until i'm back to see any results...

- Livin - 2008-10-19

xb2iris Wrote:yeah, i'll change the home screen scroller transparency... thats an idea, but the frames issue has been brought up to many times for me to talk about it again... lots of people like them, lots of people don't... so, i'll look into it... reckon u can make us a few frames Wink

I can make some frames... send me the dimensions of all of them.