Kodi Community Forum
HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Horizonz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+----- Thread: HORIZONZ: Discussion and Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

Thanks - Cranial - 2008-11-24

xb2iris...

I know you're working hard on version IV. The forums may have quietened slightly during your move and subsequent lull in forum activity. But please let it be known that your great work and generous use of your time is greatly appreciated by myself and many many people here.

Now that that is out of the way... I notice a vigourous use of the term eish lately.... Have you moved to South Africa? If so, whereabouts? I may be able to have an xbox delivered to replace the lost one....

And no, I'm not in Springbok territory, I'm in Australia, but hey, we all have our tricks.

- digitalhigh - 2008-11-24

xb2iris Wrote:that fanart second issue is a bug that is hard as hell to remove, i've tried a few times and it doesn't go away... its there because when u treverse the list, the controller is pointing to the next item and shows its fanart for a second before it fades... and theres no way of getting by this for now... wish i knew how... so, for now, we all have to deal with it... happened it aeon as well and has continued since then, to hamper many indivisuals, like myself... but we'll see... maybe it'll get sorted one day...

Are you sure about that? I could have SWORN that there used to be a really slick OSD for PMIII which would give you quite a bit of control over Milkdrop. I know there was. There was an option to "enable Stereo 3D", which would make the visualizations turn, well, 3D with glasses. I know I'm not making this up...just dunno what skin it was in. Pretty sure it was PMIII...

Myself...I'm doing well. Having some problems with the local authorities ATM, but nothing that can't be dealt with...

- jdmurphy42 - 2008-11-24

xb2iris Wrote:that fanart second issue is a bug that is hard as hell to remove, i've tried a few times and it doesn't go away... its there because when u treverse the list, the controller is pointing to the next item and shows its fanart for a second before it fades... and theres no way of getting by this for now... wish i knew how... so, for now, we all have to deal with it... happened it aeon as well and has continued since then, to hamper many indivisuals, like myself... but we'll see... maybe it'll get sorted one day...

Ok, thanks for replying anyway... hopefully some smart cookie somewhere (maybe yourself) will fix it one of these days... until then, i'll survive i'm sure!

Carry on the great work, this is now my recommended skin for anyone with a modded xbox or HTPC!!

- joncgde2 - 2008-11-25

hi xb2iris

I just have to say I love horizonz, you've really stepped it up... i use it as my main skin now Smile

just wondering whether it would be possible to get an option for more home screen shortcuts (like in Aeon for Adult and Clips)? I ask this because I have modded an old Aeon build to show Foreign films and Documentaries... but I just changed the text after enabling Clips and Adult.

On Horizonz, you don't have those options... is it possible you might be able to add two moddable shortcuts to the homescreen that can be toggled on or off (for people who may/may not have any use for it)? I know when I offered the 'mod' I did, it got about 200 downloads - so I know there's a few people out there who like Documentaries (and also Foreign Films) to show up on their home screens, next to Movies and TV Shows.

Cheers

Jon

- yadster - 2008-11-25

joncgde2 Wrote:hi xb2iris

is it possible you might be able to add two moddable shortcuts to the homescreen that can be toggled on or off (for people who may/may not have any use for it)? I know when I offered the 'mod' I did, it got about 200 downloads - so I know there's a few people out there who like Documentaries (and also Foreign Films) to show up on their home screens, next to Movies and TV Shows.

Cheers

Jon

Not sure if this is the right answer or the one you are looking for. I have a section called KIDS on the homescreen so I can put all the cartoons and stuff there. What I did was edit the strings.xml (found in the language folder) and changed CLIPS to KIDS.

- xb2iris - 2008-11-25

Cranial Wrote:xb2iris...

I know you're working hard on version IV. The forums may have quietened slightly during your move and subsequent lull in forum activity. But please let it be known that your great work and generous use of your time is greatly appreciated by myself and many many people here.

Now that that is out of the way... I notice a vigourous use of the term eish lately.... Have you moved to South Africa? If so, whereabouts? I may be able to have an xbox delivered to replace the lost one....

And no, I'm not in Springbok territory, I'm in Australia, but hey, we all have our tricks.

hahaha... good guess... yeah, i'm in cape town... living it up and all that... hectic, u wanna send me an xbox... lord... eish (there u go)... nyways... unfornately, don't think that kind of effort is neccessary dude... i completely appreciate it though... but i reckon it would be too much of a hassle for u... and 2 tell u the truth, it'd be real hard using one here with the lack on in-expensive broadband in this country... so, rigging a testing system would be a mission until i get some money for extra goodies...

to tell u the truth cranial... the pc i've been editing horizonz on has just died on me... i borrowed it from a mate, it was old and didn't make 5 minutes in XBMC without freezing the system... so, i'm outta editing right now... need a pc... and can't get one until feb, due to me having to replace more important things i lost in the shipping and sorting this expensive move out... i may set up a paypal account for donations soon, so i can get a pc sooner rather than later... i don't know if it's a good idea, but i so badly want to get volume IV out in december instead of feb or later... what u thinkHuh u think anyone would donate money to saving this skin?

digitalhigh Wrote:Are you sure about that? I could have SWORN that there used to be a really slick OSD for PMIII which would give you quite a bit of control over Milkdrop. I know there was. There was an option to "enable Stereo 3D", which would make the visualizations turn, well, 3D with glasses. I know I'm not making this up...just dunno what skin it was in. Pretty sure it was PMIII...

Myself...I'm doing well. Having some problems with the local authorities ATM, but nothing that can't be dealt with...

dam, sounds bad... u can come hide out at my place in south africa if u wanted... hmmm... nyways... wish i could test osd stuff, but my computer bombed, so i'm lost my friend... wish i had an answer, but a new pc ain't going to show up on my doorstep soon... but i'll get into it as soon as i can!

jdmurphy42 Wrote:Ok, thanks for replying anyway... hopefully some smart cookie somewhere (maybe yourself) will fix it one of these days... until then, i'll survive i'm sure!

Carry on the great work, this is now my recommended skin for anyone with a modded xbox or HTPC!!

cool cool man... thanks...

joncgde2 Wrote:hi xb2iris

I just have to say I love horizonz, you've really stepped it up... i use it as my main skin now Smile

just wondering whether it would be possible to get an option for more home screen shortcuts (like in Aeon for Adult and Clips)? I ask this because I have modded an old Aeon build to show Foreign films and Documentaries... but I just changed the text after enabling Clips and Adult.

On Horizonz, you don't have those options... is it possible you might be able to add two moddable shortcuts to the homescreen that can be toggled on or off (for people who may/may not have any use for it)? I know when I offered the 'mod' I did, it got about 200 downloads - so I know there's a few people out there who like Documentaries (and also Foreign Films) to show up on their home screens, next to Movies and TV Shows.

Cheers

Jon

all aeon's features in that case are similar... i haven't changed a thing about it, just numbers instead of labels now, but i guess i could look into it at a later stage... don't have a pc to do editing on at the moment... so, i'm dead for awhile... but we'll see if it can be done in a future build...

- Cranial - 2008-11-25

xb2iris Wrote:to tell u the truth cranial... the pc i've been editing horizonz on has just died on me... i

Not a hard guess. Got a lot of friends/family (kind of) in Safa. Hmmm..... Might be able to get a PC to you instead. I'll look into it. And don't worry about the effort, it isn't any. Just people owe me favours I couldn't be bothered travelling to collect. You must be realising what it's like there.... not what you know, but WHO you know Wink

And as for internet connections... I'd need to pull United Nations sized favours to fix that mess!

- xb2iris - 2008-11-25

Cranial Wrote:Not a hard guess. Got a lot of friends/family (kind of) in Safa. Hmmm..... Might be able to get a PC to you instead. I'll look into it. And don't worry about the effort, it isn't any. Just people owe me favours I couldn't be bothered travelling to collect. You must be realising what it's like there.... not what you know, but WHO you know Wink

And as for internet connections... I'd need to pull United Nations sized favours to fix that mess!

that sounds great... decided to go ahead with the donation idea, coz having a month off doing nothing because of my lack of hardware will kill me and will most possibly make me lose my momentum horizonz wise... which wouldn't be good... i hope are as willing to help out as you are... Volume IV is going to be a huge update... lots of things needed sorting out and a few things needed changing... managed to do alot before the meltdown happened... and i believe, with an okayish PC, wouldn't take more than a week or so to finish... so, i'll put the save horizonz topic up... can't see me getting back into it february or so... thats a long wait if you ask me... i want a stable Volume V out at that time if you get what i mean... thanks again for the offer and support... and i totally get what you mean about favours and all that... and don't mention the internet connection here... pointless getting one without a PC anyhow... hope some peops are as kind as you... donate to horizonz... sounds funny if you ask me, but i'm that desperate to get this thing to the next level... eish

Announcement - xb2iris - 2008-11-26

Developement of Horizonz is currently Post-Sponed due to uncontrollable circumstances. So, I need EVERYONE's help to get back on track as VOLUME IV approaches.

Read here for more information:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41035

Thanks for your support, and I hope you can help me out! Make a contribution to Horizonz and I promise you'll be blessed with a release soon after my dilemma is sorted out. Thanks again!

P.S. Screenshots on the way in the Save Horizonz Sub Topic... Hope you like what you see!

- Chipy - 2008-11-26

xb2iris Wrote:Developement of Horizonz is currently Post-Sponed due to uncontrollable circumstances. So, I need EVERYONE's help to get back on track as VOLUME IV approaches.

Read here for more information:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41035

Thanks for your support, and I hope you can help me out! Make a contribution to Horizonz and I promise you'll be blessed with a release soon after my dilemma is sorted out. Thanks again!

P.S. Screenshots on the way in the Save Horizonz Sub Topic... Hope you like what you see!

Well done,

i hope, i can help with little donation.

Your Work is wonderfull.
Can you Post your Background pictures ?

- anandus - 2008-11-27

First off: I love the skin!
Works marvelously on my xbox!!

But I wanted to know:
Is it possible to show the RSS-feeds when using the lower bar?

- pletopia - 2008-11-27

anandus Wrote:First off: I love the skin!

But I wanted to know:

look a few posts into the past in this thread and look for an update uploaded by chipy .. and i think you'll find what you need

- pletopia - 2008-11-27

just wanted to throw this out there .. i think its a bug that could/should be fixed in V.IV .. as far as i can tell the plot box doesn't scroll if the plot is longer then what can display on the screen

I'm talking about in Info View (which i use) and Episode View (which i don't use but just tested) when you let it idle for a second or two and get that dynamic plot showing

- DrEaD - 2008-11-28

very very great work! i love it! but... i use it on xbox without connection... there rss bar showup whithout connection Sad

and... no startup playlist... Sad Sad

whatever...

very thanks for good work Big Grin

- xb2iris - 2008-11-28

Chipy Wrote:Well done,

i hope, i can help with little donation.

Your Work is wonderfull.
Can you Post your Background pictures ?

thanks man... as for the backgrounds... maybe at a later stage, as obviously, i'm unable to put a collection together right now... but will see in the future, although I've lost most of the good ones, due to not backing my laptop stuff up... sad sad

anandus Wrote:First off: I love the skin!

But I wanted to know:

as pletopia says, theres a patch to get it in... will be in Volume IV as well... dont forget to donate to save this skin here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41035&page=3

pletopia Wrote:just wanted to throw this out there .. i think its a bug that could/should be fixed in V.IV .. as far as i can tell the plot box doesn't scroll if the plot is longer then what can display on the screen

I'm talking about in Info View (which i use) and Episode View (which i don't use but just tested) when you let it idle for a second or two and get that dynamic plot showing

not a bug, theres an option in the features section of the aeon settings called "disable plot scrolling"... disable that option...

DrEaD Wrote:very very great work! i love it! but... i use it on xbox without connection... there rss bar showup whithout connection Sad

and... no startup playlist... Sad Sad

whatever...

very thanks for good work Big Grin

hmmm... start playlist is in something on my to-do list... no idea why ur not connecting, but can turn the rss bar off in the screen menu... anyways... please donate to get this skin up and running... and start playlist will be in there by Volume IV Wink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41035&page=3