Kodi Community Forum
Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? (/showthread.php?tid=372314)

Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - Xoxez - 2023-03-03

Hi everyone, I am using fnord's version of pseudotv and am having trouble changing the logo position. It stays at the corner of the screen regardless of the video's content 4:3 or 16:9. I tried a lot on fixing this but nothing has helped. I am wondering if there is any file in that version that determines the logo position and if so can anyone reach out and let me know it is and what to change to have the video's logo change position based on the video' s aspect ratio? I was mentioned to try doing this with info labels but I kept getting errors. So far nothing has worked, i've tried.

RE: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - OzDrDj - 2023-03-07

Hi There, Im not sure but I think I read somewhere that the logo is on an Image somewhere in the system. It was a case of changing the picture completley. I cant find where i read this though, might be worth a hunt around, or a look through the folders.

RE: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - Xoxez - 2023-03-12

(2023-03-07, 02:56)OzDrDj Wrote: Hi There, Im not sure but I think I read somewhere that the logo is on an Image somewhere in the system. It was a case of changing the picture completley. I cant find where i read this though, might be worth a hunt around, or a look through the folders.

@OzDrDj I don't think I can change the image to stretch it out on the transparent background as when I tried that, it made the image bigger and was positioned in the same spot that it's coded to be in. Somewhere in the development it should determine where the logo is placed but I tried reaching out to the developers and they seemed disinterested in letting me know where it's at or what to put in to change it myself. I'm guessing that's a lost cause unless someone had interest porting the version to the newest kodi and adding new features or if someone already knows where to change it. Just wish the devs would of been more clear on how to do so and even if it's too complicated to then to be let known but also they're not obligated to do so either.

RE: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - RelentlessEffort - 2023-03-19

Have you had any luck with this?

The fnord version is a program add-on so it should be easier to look through the script than ptvl, make sure you are editing the one in your appdata/Kodi folder and back it up before making changes

RE: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - Xoxez - 2023-03-19

(2023-03-19, 10:35)RelentlessEffort Wrote: Have you had any luck with this?

The fnord version is a program add-on so it should be easier to look through the script than ptvl, make sure you are editing the one in your appdata/Kodi folder and back it up before making changes

No, the devs are the ones who know the code to change and they haven't got back to me likely disinterested. I tried changing the code numerous times and without any real knowledge on what to do it's gonna stay like this. Is ashame but hopefully if anyone figures it out they can write to a post or dm me

RE: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - RelentlessEffort - 2023-03-21

(2023-03-19, 23:38)Xoxez Wrote: No, the devs are the ones who know the code to change and they haven't got back to me likely disinterested. I tried changing the code numerous times and without any real knowledge on what to do it's gonna stay like this. Is ashame but hopefully if anyone figures it out they can write to a post or dm me

It is displayed in Overlay.py located at AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib
If you look at line 844 you can see the X and Y are set to the channelBugPosition variable in settings.. If you can find code to check whether the video aspect is 4:3 you can put a modification after those lines

There also appears to be a way to edit the skin TVOverlay file found in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\skins\default\1080i
at the bottom of the file you can see
Code:
        <control type="image" id="103">
            <description>Channel Bug</description>
            <width>161</width>
            <height>109</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <visible>Player.HasVideo + ![Player.Seeking | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.IsTempo]</visible>
            <animation effect="fade" end="30" condition="True">conditional</animation>
        </control>
you could try changing the aspect ratio line to
Code:
<aspectratio alignx="right">keep</aspectratio>
and see if that helps, I'm not 100%

RE: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - Xoxez - 2023-04-03

(2023-03-21, 16:44)RelentlessEffort Wrote:
(2023-03-19, 23:38)Xoxez Wrote: No, the devs are the ones who know the code to change and they haven't got back to me likely disinterested. I tried changing the code numerous times and without any real knowledge on what to do it's gonna stay like this. Is ashame but hopefully if anyone figures it out they can write to a post or dm me

It is displayed in Overlay.py located at AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\lib
If you look at line 844 you can see the X and Y are set to the channelBugPosition variable in settings.. If you can find code to check whether the video aspect is 4:3 you can put a modification after those lines

There also appears to be a way to edit the skin TVOverlay file found in AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.pseudotv\resources\skins\default\1080i
at the bottom of the file you can see
Code:
        <control type="image" id="103">
            <description>Channel Bug</description>
            <width>161</width>
            <height>109</height>
            <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
            <visible>Player.HasVideo + ![Player.Seeking | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.IsTempo]</visible>
            <animation effect="fade" end="30" condition="True">conditional</animation>
        </control>
you could try changing the aspect ratio line to
Code:
<aspectratio alignx="right">keep</aspectratio>
and see if that helps, I'm not 100%

I tried changing what you suggested in the xml file but no budge. I'm not sure what to change in the .py file, it just has a 1 and a 0 point for the x and y I think, maybe there's a different point that's determined? So yeah I tried setting my kodi to 480p so I can get 4:3 by default. This worked for the channel bug, but the framerate is 60fps and messes up most shows and the 16:9 shows are squished into a 4:3 spot. I also miss out on the added quality having it be 480p. None the less, it only proved to me how much nicer a proper channel bug position would feel and look like, and it's really a shame it was never implemented and that I can't find a way to do so..

RE: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - RelentlessEffort - 2023-04-04

Sorry I've been away from home. The fnord readme had instructions regarding animation fade which was part of the section I posted last time, iirc it said something about having to reinstall to get the code to take effect, but I could be mistaken about the location of the file to edit.. I seem to remember the Kodi directory was edited not the appdata location. When I get some time I'll see if I can help further

RE: Having channel logo display based on the video's content ratio? - Xoxez - 2023-04-04

(2023-04-04, 11:33)RelentlessEffort Wrote: Sorry I've been away from home. The fnord readme had instructions regarding animation fade which was part of the section I posted last time, iirc it said something about having to reinstall to get the code to take effect, but I could be mistaken about the location of the file to edit.. I seem to remember the Kodi directory was edited not the appdata location. When I get some time I'll see if I can help further

No, I don't need the animation fade, just the same logo placement problem 😅 Honestly it's so much a headache