Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=37313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- pecinko - 2010-01-08

steve1977 Wrote:Narrowing down the problem. It appears to work on iPhoto 8, but not on 9. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone running iPhoto 9 with a working iPhoto plugin?

iPhoto/About:

- steve1977 - 2010-01-08

pecinko Wrote:iPhoto/About:

Ah, wasnt aware. So, it has nothing to do with the iPhoto version as there are users where it works with the current built.

Anyone with an other thoughts?

- Boseman - 2010-01-10

Note iPhoto '09 is release versions 8.1.1

Import synced iTunes music into XBMC - timiambeing - 2010-01-12

Hi there - I know this might seem obvious, but I have an Apple TV with XBMC and the Import iTunes plug-in installed, but whenever I run it nothing happens at all... I just want to access the content I have already synced and can see in FrontRow on the ATV within XBMC - is this possible or are you guys here talking about something else? Sorry just can't make head nor tail of most of what you have been saying as a total beginner with ATV and XBMC :-)

- Boseman - 2010-01-12

Syncing iTunes/iPhoto with your ATV is great for running Apple software (Frontrow) on the ATV. It works well and to be honest it is the method I prefer. However, the ATV software uses a special format for managing and playback of this synced content and is not the easiest to follow (all media is cryptically combined). I know of no third parties which manage and play out of the ATV libraries. If you would like to inspect the libraries they can be found @:
/mnt/Media/Media\ Files
using Terminal on the AppleTV.

There are folks however that prefer to have their iPhoto and iTunes content available while running XBMC. Plugins were written to resolve this. They basically read in the iPhoto and iTunes library information off of the networked OS X host, and provide a library playback within the XBMC plug in. There are several limitations such as lack of artwork, sort options, etc, but they function pretty well for their original design. They have not had much updating since their original release, so at present you pretty much get what you see.

Hope this helps.

- timiambeing - 2010-01-13

Thanks Boseman (again!) Ah! I see, I presumed the individual media files (M4a apple lossless in my case) were simply copied across and stored exactly as they are on the main iTunes computer, in artist/album folders somewhere. Are you saying they are they are stored in some proprietary way once they are synced? This doesn't sound good for bit perfect playback Undecided but I suppose the data is still the same just wrapped differently. Or do you mean the library file is not in the simple XML format it is on the iTunes host machine? Either way sounds like you have investigated this yourself at some length!

I suppose I could continue to use my MacBook for ripping to iTunes and then CoverScout to embed cover art as I do now, then simply instead of syncing I could copy the whole folder structure (or just the latest additions) across to the ATV and put them in the Music folder for XBMC to see - seems a bit longwinded when the ATV syncs nicely without much input at all. Might copy a couple of albums across to see how they are presented and what XBMC sounds like? Thanks for the insight :-)

Tim.

- Boseman - 2010-01-13

They are actually there on the ATV in the same physical file format as they are on your MacBook. However, they are not identified by the same name or directory structure. So, if you look at the path I mention in my earlier post, you will see a folder/file structure that is not coherent except to the ATV library software.

In the case of iTunes content, you can just use the Frontrow software, or just point XBMC to the actual folder on your MacBook and use the XBMC music library. If your MacBook is too mobile and you need the content on the ATV, I would stop Syncing the ATV so it removes what is there and if you have the space, just copy as you suggest and use the XBMC music library.

- timiambeing - 2010-01-13

Having just played with XBMC scraping artist info for a few albums I FTP'd across to the Music folder I think I will just use FrontRow to play iTunes music - the results were a bit varied to say the least, but then it was Daby Toure so not a main stream example! Actually it found a rather fetching picture of Josephine Baker complete with fruit skirt and very little else on :-)

iTunes and iPhoto - The Spirit - 2010-01-22

HI.
Today i got my Asrock ION and i set it up with XBMC live.
Everything works fine now.
But i would like to acess my iTunes and iPhoto database with lies on my iMac.
The two scripts only throw me an error.
How can i acess both libraries?
Thanks

- The Spirit - 2010-01-24

no ideas how to access my itunes and iphoto library from my xbmc?

- pecinko - 2010-01-24

Tried making simlinks on XBMC live pointing to libraries on your Mac?

- The Spirit - 2010-01-24

Can you explain this to me in Detail how to do it?

- pecinko - 2010-01-25

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=37313&page=5

- The Spirit - 2010-01-25

didnĀ“t work.
so, i copied my iphoto library to my asrock ion and put it in the photos folder.
but after using the plugin to import the library, i get a script error. any ideas?

- steve1977 - 2010-01-31

steve1977 Wrote:Appears that quite some are having issues with the iphoto plugin these days. I have moved my iphoto library from an external drive back to the default location on my MacMini, but it still does not work. Any thoughts?

MacMini
Camelot Beta 1
Snow Leopard

Error-log
http://pastebin.com/m4067a67

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Bringing this up again. The iPhoto plugin continues not working for me. Please see above. Also tried with final Camelot built, but nothing changed. Thanks in advance for your help!!!