Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=37313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- theuni - 2010-07-12

If you plan to commandeer this plugin, please submit it to the addons repo when it's all cleaned up.

Thanks,
TheUni

- jingai - 2010-07-12

theuni Wrote:If you plan to commandeer this plugin, please submit it to the addons repo when it's all cleaned up.

As far as I know, it's clean enough to submit. The only real issues I know of:

1) When importing the iPhoto library, the script "fails" so the directory items aren't shown to the user (one line of ">>" per picture imported). If there is a better way to do this, I'll fix it, but I couldn't find a better way yesterday.

2) Windows and Linux are not supported. I see there is a pysqlite addon which I might be able to use to gain cross-platform compatibility?

I'm not new to programming, but I am very much green when it comes to Python. I think it should be good enough for submission, though, unless you see some glaring issue(s). Documentation for addons development is kind of sparse, so I made some guesses along the way.

-J

- jingai - 2010-07-20

Just wanted to follow up on this. I emailed d4rk about taking over the plugin and he/she said it was fine if I did. I just have been really busy with my Real Job lately, but I will get around to submitting it probably this week.

-Jonathan

- mkortstiege - 2010-07-20

Cool, thanks.

- jingai - 2010-07-21

For anyone following this thread, the plugin has been submitted and accepted.

Enjoy Smile

-j

- pecinko - 2010-07-21

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=571991#post571991

- jingai - 2010-07-30

I'm pretty happy with the iPhoto plugin as of v0.9.7 and XBMC SVN r32324 (see this post and this ticket).

Native integration of the iLife stuff would be great, but my plugin imports pretty fast now and auto-updates the library when it changes if you enable the option to do so.

In addition, it now works on MacOS X, Linux, and Windows. It hasn't been _tested_ under Windows, so I'd appreciate it if someone would check it out.

I might have a go at updating the iTunes plugin too, but probably not soon since I don't really have much problem just importing my music the standard way.

-Jonathan

- jingo_man - 2010-09-06

jingai,

hope "the Real Job" has settled down for you sufficiently to get back "the Real Work" and get this AddOn up and running Big Grin hahaha

i'd love to get this working with my setup - xbmc running a linux box, iphoto on a separate, networking iMac. the Documents directory is shared via SMB currently, and use another SMB share in similar way for my video config. just not able to browse these shares when editing the albumdata.xml file...

off-topic, but guessing somewhat similar - iTunes AddOn?

cheers and good work..!

jingo_man

- jingai - 2010-09-09

jingo_man Wrote:jingai,

hope "the Real Job" has settled down for you sufficiently to get back "the Real Work" and get this AddOn up and running Big Grin hahaha

It should be working already..

jingo_man Wrote:i'd love to get this working with my setup - xbmc running a linux box, iphoto on a separate, networking iMac. the Documents directory is shared via SMB currently, and use another SMB share in similar way for my video config. just not able to browse these shares when editing the albumdata.xml file...

Editing the albumdata.xml file? For what?

The iPhoto plugin is supposed to work by telling it where your albumdata.xml is located in the plugin settings. You then just choose Import Library or enable automatic imports in the settings.

The machine on which XBMC is running needs access to both your iPhoto Library folder and the images folder, if different.

jingo_man Wrote:off-topic, but guessing somewhat similar - iTunes AddOn?

If I get enough requests I may do one. But for me personally, the built-in music library is good enough.

-jingai

- jingo_man - 2010-09-09

thanks for the reply jingai

am i right in saying that this works flawlessly if the addon is running on a mac-based installation of xbmc, and particularly the same mac that had an iphoto library?

in my setup, xbmc is running on a linux pc. my mac, across the network, has an iphoto library.

when attempting to configure this plugin, if you choose to attempt a different location for the albumdata.xml file, when you browse, there is no ZeroConf or SMB option presented to allow me to browse to the remote mac's folder structure to allow me to select it. have i explained that clearly enough?? Laugh

i dont need to edit that xml file, i need to edit the path it uses to the albumdata.xml file to a remote mac.

thanks again

- jingai - 2010-09-09

jingo_man Wrote:am i right in saying that this works flawlessly if the addon is running on a mac-based installation of xbmc, and particularly the same mac that had an iphoto library?

No, it works on my Linux box here as well. In addition, it works on 2 other Macs that are not local to the library.

The only configuration I haven't tested is Windows.

Quote:in my setup, xbmc is running on a linux pc. my mac, across the network, has an iphoto library.

when attempting to configure this plugin, if you choose to attempt a different location for the albumdata.xml file, when you browse, there is no ZeroConf or SMB option presented to allow me to browse to the remote mac's folder structure to allow me to select it. have i explained that clearly enough?? Laugh

Mount the SMB share in your OS, not in XBMC. Then browse to the albumdata.xml file in XBMC.

I am not sure if you can use XBMC's built-in SMB share mounting. It may work, but it sounds like it's not. I don't do it that way though, so I don't know.

-Jonathan

- spiff - 2010-09-09

mount it locally.

- challenger - 2010-09-09

Hi,

tried to use it on Mac Mini (10.6.4) and ATV (3.0.1), both running Dharma beta 1, and both give me an error: Script failed! : addon.py

Please let me know what went wrong.

Thanx

- davilla - 2010-09-09

challenger Wrote:Hi,

tried to use it on Mac Mini (10.6.4) and ATV (3.0.1), both running Dharma beta 1, and both give me an error: Script failed! : addon.py

Please let me know what went wrong.

Thanx

xbmc.log

- challenger - 2010-09-10

davilla Wrote:xbmc.log

Shame on me :-)
Just came to work and tried it on MacBook Air (first gen w Intel graphics), have got the same error message error: Script failed! : addon.py

log is here http://pastebin.com/G0Spp1Q4