Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=37313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- ps3killer - 2008-10-28

hello i m new here

- judyk113 - 2009-01-01

I've got a similar problem to Joshytree. I'm trying to stream my iTunes library out to my two internet radios--a Logik IR100 and a Freecom MusicPal. I've installed XBMC as a UPnP media server and successfully imported the iTunes library into XBMC. Both radios can see XBMC. However, when I click on "music files" --or any of the other options under XBMC as it appears on the internet radios, it says "No content". I had previously tried a quite expensive closed source UPnP media server and that showed all the iTunes library on the radios, including playlists.

Is there any way I can get this to work? It's frustrating to be this near to making XBMC work with the radios, but so far....

Import iPhoto Library on my Apple TV? - drwickman - 2009-01-02

Hey Guys,

I have an iPhoto library synced with my ATV, when i go into the pictures section i click <<import iphoto library>>, it scans for a sec and disappears.

I have checked the plugins in the xbmc folder and even downloaded the new plugin.

Any ideas?

Thanks Much

- tintamarre - 2009-01-05

The reason, why it is not working, is that there are no iPhoto Library (nor iPhoto software) on the AppleTV.

Something must probably exist to view you synced photos, but i dont know it.

iPhoto plugin not working on MBP - bvknight - 2009-01-19

After installing XBMC yesterday I've got my video library working fine, as well as itunes, however when I go to iPhoto the plugin refuses to load any of my photos. It says "iPhoto 100%" and "Loading Directory" and "Received 0 items", but after that it closes and there are still no photos. I've looked at the package contents and plugin folders for XBMC.app and also the same ones in Application Support, taking a look at the default.py file to check the directories, but it's correctly pointing to my AlbumData.xml. I reinstalled the latest download, Atlantis bf1, but the problem is still there. When I check the log I see this when the iphoto plugin runs:

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

I'm not running on an Apple TV, just my MBP, and I haven't altered the files. Any clue why this isn't working? Why am I missing the settings.xml file?

Thanks,

bvknight

- bvknight - 2009-01-19

drwickman Wrote:I have an iPhoto library synced with my ATV, when i go into the pictures section i click <<import iphoto library>>, it scans for a sec and disappears.

I have checked the plugins in the xbmc folder and even downloaded the new plugin.

I am having the same problem, except I'm using a MacBook Pro and iLife '06.

How to get XBMC to use content synced on ATV box directly. i.e. iTunes & iPhoto - papasmurf - 2009-01-23

drwickman Wrote:Hey Guys,

I have an iPhoto library synced with my ATV, when i go into the pictures section i click <<import iphoto library>>, it scans for a sec and disappears.

Any ideas?

Thanks Much

Apple TV - XBMC Atlantis Via ATVFlash Question

I have been using atvflash for a while and the apple tv, but now started experimenting with xbmc instead of sapphire. This is beside the point I suppose.

For me to use xbmc totally instead of apple tv, I would like it to use the iPhoto and iTunes synced items that are physically on the ATV box in xbmc, how do you acheive this? the iTunes and iPhoto plugins dont seem to import ? I dont want to mount the itunes and iphoto dirs from my nas as they are all completly synced locally, it would be pointless to do this. Help ? How do you go about acheiving this ?

Thanks in advance

- jhonny30 - 2009-01-25

drwickman Wrote:Hey Guys,

Any ideas?

Thanks Much

Hi guys..I have exactly the same problem...I tried to add a Network...linked the xbmc to my "picture folder" on the mac, but even then it doesn't import the iphoto library...

And I see I am not alone having this problem...anyone knows how to deal with it?

- drwickman - 2009-01-29

Hey Guys,

I have a partial solution to this issue.

In Configure the System --> Appearance --> Screensaver. I went to Slideshow folder and pointed it to where my iPhoto library folder is... eg. /Users/frontrow/Pictures/Iphoto Library/Data

Once i did that the screen savers use my contents from my iPhoto lirary.

tip: you need to make screensaver mode slideshow before you choose a folder.

The problem i am now noticing is resolution, its blowing up the photos to the resolution of the tv and i have only a couple of pics designed for a huge res.. oh well.. its better than the dim screensaver.

PyZeroConf for iTunes Share Discovery? - w3__ - 2009-02-14

Just stumbled across this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyzeroconf
http://www.amk.ca/python/zeroconf

I don't suppose this might be a means to have iTunes DAAP auto-discovery as a built-in feature for non-Mac XBMCs?

(If this is the wrong thread, I apologize, and moderators should feel free to move it!)

Help: iPhoto plugin imports library but no pictures - Soul - 2009-02-19

Trying XBMC for the first time on my Macbook and so far very impressed. However I tried to import my iphoto library and I'm having problems.

I ran the importer and it said it found my photos. All my albums, photos and events now show up in XBMC. However when I go into an album it reports all the photos as being size 0.00 and nothing shows up.

Any ideas? Is it because I'm using iPhoto '09 and the plugin still only supports '08 or something?

Cheers!

- drwickman - 2009-02-20

It doesn't work yet, go into the screen saver section and at the bottom where it says pictures point it to your iPhoto library.

This will at least give you your photos as a screen saver.

- steve1977 - 2009-02-28

Couple of thoughts/questions on iphoto:

1) The new iphoto 09 is out and has some pretty cool new features such as "faces" and "locations". Any chance that we will see this in the future.

2) Plex hsa released the code for its new media server. Any chance that their media server will be compatible with XBMC or that XBMC will have something similar.

3) Anybody found a way to use iphoto plugin on the ATV WITHOUT copying the actual library to the ATV (but using over the network)?

- jmarshall - 2009-02-28

Plex media server is closed source. We will not be supporting it as long as it stays that way. It would have to be completely open before we'd go anywhere near it. Ideally with an open development model (i.e. more than just "oh, and here's the source" after every release).

I'm not sure if the new stuff is exposed to the XML or not. If it is, then it should be doable I should think. Mind taking a nosy?

Cheers,
Jonathan

Import iTunes library dosnt work. - zyriax - 2009-03-05

Hi,
Im new here, and have try'd on my apple tv to import my itunes music into xbmc without any luck, when i choose <<import my itunes library>> it dosnt do anything and none songs is importet....im sure the files are on the apple tv cause i can play them from my apple menu...?
I try'd to scan but it looks like to freezz...

Best ragards

Zyriax