Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iTunes and iPhoto integration plugins for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=37313)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- Boseman - 2009-06-14

steve1977 Wrote:Thanks a lot. Great to hear that I am almost there. Not sure whether I can follow all of above. What would you suggest me to do differently? Shall I mount it again or is the problem with the symlink? Or both or something else? It already scanned the photos, so apparently I did something better than before ;-)

The fact that you are able to import the stuff means that the symlink is pointing to the proper location for the plugin. It is reading the AlbumData.xml file and all is good on that front. Now to get the actual physical photo that the AlbumData.xml file is pointing to, the plugin needs the exact path to find it.

When you share iPhoto stuff on your hosted Mac, what are you sharing? For example, if you are using default locations, then the root drive is usually your "Macintosh HD" drive. The actual AlbumData.xml then is located at /Volumes/Macintosh HD/<username>/Pictures/iPhoto Library/AlbumData.xml. Your symlink in the ATV Pictures folder is clearly pointing to the iPhoto Library pkg/dir, because your import works. However, the actual share and ATV mount should be the Macintosh HD, because it needs to have the complete path to the data.

Make better sense?

- ptorres - 2009-06-14

Hi All - So been using XBMC on my ATV for a year or so now an love it. My music/Photos are on an XP box. In reading thru these posts it appears that there is not yet a way to integrate Itunes into a setup like mine - correct?
So far "all i can do" is play my music library thru the music directory in XMBC - but no playlists, genres...
Any suggestions or solutions available?
Many thanks.

getting iTunes plugin to work on ubunutu - TC!! - 2009-06-15

I'm tearing my hair out trying to get the iTunes plugin to work on my ubuntu box.

My iTunes library is backed up into a folder on my ubuntu box so I have a direct path to the library. I've downloaded the latest version of the plugin from: http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/

I deleted the iTunes directory from /usr/share/xbmc/plugins/music and placed the iTunes plugin I downloaded into ~/.xbmc/plugins/music

I then edited default.py and changed the platform to Linux and set the path to my library:
filename = '/media/jamie/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml'

When I run it in xbmc I get a "scripts error" message. In the log file I see this message:
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 NOTICE: File "/home/***/.xbmc/plugins/music/iTunes/default.py", line 32, in ?
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 NOTICE:
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 NOTICE: from itunes_parser import *
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 NOTICE: File "/home/***/.xbmc/plugins/music/iTunes/itunes_parser.py", line 19, in ?
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 NOTICE: from sqlite3 import dbapi2 as sqlite
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 NOTICE: ImportError
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 NOTICE: :
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 NOTICE: No module named sqlite3
10:59:57 T:2865056656 M:224935936 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error

I know nothing about python but I saw this in the itunes_parser.py file:
try:
from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite
except:
from sqlite3 import dbapi2 as sqlite

So I changed it to just say:
from pysqlite2 import dbapi2 as sqlite

After doing that the error changed to tell me there was an error because there was no module named _sqlite.

Can anyone out there help me? I'm hoping I just need to install the correct python modules to get this working.

- Boseman - 2009-06-15

ptorres Wrote:Hi All - So been using XBMC on my ATV for a year or so now an love it. My music/Photos are on an XP box. In reading thru these posts it appears that there is not yet a way to integrate Itunes into a setup like mine - correct?
So far "all i can do" is play my music library thru the music directory in XBMC - but no playlists, genres...
Any suggestions or solutions available?
Many thanks.

While I use afp, I have found if you actually smb mount the proper drive and paths (with a mount point in /mnt/Scratch/Volumes) then they show up there, just like using afp. If you use XBMC to access your Samba (SMB) files via the network settings (or Add Source), then I believe it uses an smb client and does not end up with a physical mount point. I believe it is necessary for the drives to be mounted and symlinks in the proper places (as described in my earlier posts) for the iTunes/iPhoto plugins to work as it is distributed.

These are all I "believe" since I am no expert on the development/architectural details for XBMC.

- trinky2000 - 2009-07-10

I've a Mac OSX 10.5.7 and XBMC, I've trouble to load iPhoto library from xbmc.. every time I click on <<import iphoto library>> in the Picture section looks like it doesn't do nothing!!!
I've iLife 09..
Any suggestion??
Sorry for my english, I'm italian..

- steve1977 - 2009-07-11

Also four more questions from me:

1) I am not using the library function, but only the itunes plugin. When I select a song, it doesnt display the artwork though it is embedded. When I selected "album information" from the context menu, it also doesnt show the album art. However, after hitting "ESC" to leave the "album information (without having done anything and library disabled), it suddenly shows the album art when file is selected (even for all files and not even just the one I selected). However, when I select an album and not a file, it will still not show (see question 2)

2) Any further development to get artwork showing for itunes. When I select "albums", I see the albums, but no artwork. Then, when I click "albums", it will show the songs and for them also display the artwork. This is clearly not ideal. Do I have to use the "library function" on top of the plugin? Any further development going on with the plugins?

3) Any chance to have album artists instead of artists showing (like in itunes) as otherwise it shows zillions of artists from the compilations. Also, could XBMC show the album covers (rotating?) instead of artists picture?

4) Any chance to get the "map" from iphoto implemented (i.e., geomapping). This seems a bigger task, but was wondering whether at all possible?

Cheers!!!

- Boseman - 2009-07-15

trinky2000 Wrote:I've a Mac OSX 10.5.7 and XBMC, I've trouble to load iPhoto library from xbmc.. every time I click on <<import iphoto library>> in the Picture section looks like it doesn't do nothing!!!
I've iLife 09..
Any suggestion??
Sorry for my english, I'm italian..

I use OS X 10.5.7 and iLife '09 and it works great. Were you able to follow the brief tutorial I posted here a while back?

- DrPepper - 2009-07-15

@Boseman: Can you please post the link where to find it ?

In fact, when I hit Import iTunes Library , nothing is happening, even though I have synced my iTunes Library with my Apple TV. And I can see the songs and listen to them within the "regular" Apple Menu. However I do not manage to get it working in XBMC. I would like to sync it with Apple TV and not only to stream.

Anyone willing to help ? This also counts for iPhoto.

Thanks

DrPepper

- Boseman - 2009-07-15

DrPepper Wrote:@Boseman: Can you please post the link where to find it ?

In fact, when I hit Import iTunes Library , nothing is happening, even though I have synced my iTunes Library with my Apple TV. And I can see the songs and listen to them within the "regular" Apple Menu. However I do not manage to get it working in XBMC. I would like to sync it with Apple TV and not only to stream.

Anyone willing to help ? This also counts for iPhoto.

Thanks

DrPepper

The AppleTV (regular AppleTV Menu) does not have an iTunes/iPhoto library when synced with your hosted iTunes, it uses its own formatted media library. I am not aware of any solution which uses this library.

The plugins use the iTunes/iPhoto libraries found on your host. So you will need to mount the appropriate volumes which contain the libraries and the actual media which the libraries point to. Here is my post for iPhoto, but the same process holds true for iTunes.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=304914&postcount=52

- DrPepper - 2009-07-16

Ok, i'll try that tonight and I will let you know.

But , basically what you are saying is that you are not syncing your Apple TV with Itunes directly , right ?

- Boseman - 2009-07-16

That's correct, at least in using the plugin with XBMC. This does impose some restrictions (in the plugins current state) in the music detail, like artwork, as noted above by steve1977.

- deano72 - 2009-07-16

Hi,
Just trying to implement Boseman's tutorial with symbolic links to iphoto package on mac.
This I have completed, and the symbolic link is present on Appletv and can see the iphoto package all ok with terminal from within apple tv.
However, in xbmc, if i go into pictures i get error code 2: share problems. I do have the iphoto plugin installed from latest Repo SVN installer, but the option to click on iphoto plugin is not present.
If I go from pictures to browse, to try to actually change something all I get is the blank black screen with error code 2: share not present error message.
Any advice on how to remove what xbmc thinks i have shared for pictures so that I can try to use the iphoto plugin to my new symbolic link Huh
Cheers,
Dean

- Boseman - 2009-07-16

deano72 Wrote:Hi,
Just trying to implement Boseman's tutorial with symbolic links to iphoto package on mac.
This I have completed, and the symbolic link is present on Appletv and can see the iphoto package all ok with terminal from within apple tv.
However, in xbmc, if i go into pictures i get error code 2: share problems. I do have the iphoto plugin installed from latest Repo SVN installer, but the option to click on iphoto plugin is not present.
If I go from pictures to browse, to try to actually change something all I get is the blank black screen with error code 2: share not present error message.
Any advice on how to remove what xbmc thinks i have shared for pictures so that I can try to use the iphoto plugin to my new symbolic link Huh
Cheers,
Dean

No clue on the error code. Do you get the error code 2 right after you go into the Pictures section from the home screen? When you go into Pictures, do you see the Pictures Plugins source?

- deano72 - 2009-07-16

Yep. Straight from pictures in home menu i get the error code 2 I do not see anything else apart from the error. No plugin source either

- deano72 - 2009-07-16

Ok. Got it working had to delete all entries from sources.XML
I have now scanned all my content all albums/events showing. However ever thumbnail or photo just shows a black screen. How do i get photo to show?