Kodi Community Forum
Solved Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Solved Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. (/showthread.php?tid=373487)

Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - absmienk - 2023-06-15

I have an RPI4 with LibreElec v 11.0.1 and Kodi v 20.1 Nexus

After the installation of Kodi I installed Netflix. It works perfect. Since this RPI is only meant to run Netflix I disabled all buttons on my home screen except for Video's holding the Netflix button. Disabling that was not very smart. Now I need to change something on my home screen but (of course) the System button is no longer there. How do I get the System button it back?

RE: Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - Karellen - 2023-06-15

@absmienk

Which skin are you using?

RE: Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - absmienk - 2023-06-15

Confluence

RE: Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - Karellen - 2023-06-15

(2023-06-15, 11:24)absmienk Wrote: Confluence
I'll move you to the Confluence forum. Maybe @Hitcher can help.

RE: Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - absmienk - 2023-06-15

Hi Karellen, thx for your help. As you can see I'm a newby (to this forum). So... how do I get to Confluence forum?

BTW: I can login to my RPI smoothly using Putty on my Windows PC. Is there a way to change some or another XML file in order to enable the System button or ... to enable the web server on my RPI?

Cheers,
Ab Smienk

(2023-06-15, 13:12)absmienk Wrote: how do I get to Confluence forum?
You are already there. Check the breadcrumbs at the top of the page.

(2023-06-15, 13:12)absmienk Wrote: I can login to my RPI smoothly using Putty on my Windows PC. Is there a way to change some or another XML file in order to enable the System button
You need to go to ...\userdata\addon_data\skin.confluence
Open settings.xml
Find <setting id="homemenunosystembutton" type="bool"></setting>
Change the value to false
Restart Kodi.

I think Settings should be added to the shutdown menu. Its strange how you can remove the settings menu item, then there is no way to put it back.

RE: Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - izprtxqkft - 2023-06-15

fairly certain kodi-send is available on libreelec

with that you could simply issue kodi-send --action="ActivateWindow(Settings)" from the ssh terminal (putty in this case) and then enable the settings visibility again

If you want to add the Settings button to the shutdown menu, add the following code to DialogButtonMenu.xml in ...\addons\skin.confluence\720p\

xml:
<control type="button" id="15">
<description>Settings button</description>
<width>340</width>
<height>40</height>
<textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
<focusedcolor>white</focusedcolor>
<align>center</align>
<textwidth>290</textwidth>
<label>Settings</label>
<texturefocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonFocus.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus border="25,5,25,5">ShutdownButtonNoFocus.png</texturenofocus>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Hide_Shutdown_Settings) + System.LoggedOn</visible>
<pulseonselect>no</pulseonselect>
<font>font13</font>
<label>13011</label>
</control>

If there is any mistake in the above code, maybe hitcher can tidy it up Smile

RE: Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - izprtxqkft - 2023-06-15

right on

settings in the shutdown menu should be in every skin, i added it to estuary a while ago

(2023-06-15, 22:51)jepsizofye Wrote: settings in the shutdown menu should be in every skin
I agree. You don't need to clutter the home menu with a little used, but essential, item.

RE: Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - absmienk - 2023-06-16

Hi Karellen, your solution did the trick! The full directory name on my RPI4_Kodi was  /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p/DialogButtonMenu.xml

Also thanks to everyone trying to help me.

Cheers,
Ab Smienk

Get my menu item System back on my RPI/KODI interface. - Karellen - 2023-06-16

Great!!

Thread marked solved.