Kodi Community Forum
MediaStream v0.92 Released (21/09/2008) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: MediaStream v0.92 Released (21/09/2008) (/showthread.php?tid=37548)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- skunkm0nkee - 2008-09-24

Nano Wrote:I agree with UND3R ACHI3V3R and my TV is bigger (36", 4:3P).

Font size is working for the most part except in some areas that I have to concentrate and guess at what I'm reading (I have 20/20 vision and viewing from 8 feet away).

The long descriptions for TV episodes, Synopsis, TV Shows description, etc.

I don't really much care for reading all that info but some people do. I have friends that use AppleTV and don't want them laughing at my tiny font size on my big TV.

XBOX console

Have you tried the Bigger and Massive font set options?

Since the skin started there has been a number of posts asking for font changes and we've tried to do what we think is sufficient but since we can't test every type of resolution and screen size then we can't do it purely on our own. I've asked people to post specific details of what they need changing and where it needs changing as we can't just blindly increase all fonts or the design would fall apart pretty quickly. Sadly I never get too many responses so I've decided to start a new thread instead where people can post font sizing concerns - Font Sizing

Hopefully it will help to get things moving so that all users can be happy with the text size on screen Big Grin

- msaspence - 2008-09-24

just out of interest what is the deference between the lighter and richer theme i cant spot anything

also i dont see anything new as far as repeat and shuffle buttons in the now playing UI
ive got them in the options menu but i thought they were there before

Sounds like you may not a proper install of the latest version. There are a number of images missing from the lighter theme (most noticeably the thumbs on the Options Menu that show what each view looks like) but if you can't spot the difference then we're doing a great job of squeezing down memory whilst maintaining the look! Big Grin

And the now playing UI (shown on most screens when music is playing) now has 3 extra buttons on it when the player controls are activated (press menu on remote or M on keyboard)

- dlhoppe - 2008-09-24

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Select a valid view as it sounds like you're probably defaulting to a unusable view

How can I select a view when I can't get to the menu blade? Left and right has no effect. It's like I'm in "no mans land". All I can do is return to the main screen.

Push left or right (depending on which side of the list the scrollbar is sitting)

I tried that. I push towards the scroll bar, but nothing happens. The "focus" stays in the list. I cannot access scrollbars anywhere in the skin.

- dlhoppe - 2008-09-24

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Select a valid view as it sounds like you're probably defaulting to a unusable view)

How can I select a view when I can't get to the menu blade? Left and right has no effect. It's like I'm in "no mans land". All I can do is return to the main screen.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Push left or right (depending on which side of the list the scrollbar is sitting)

I tried that. I push towards the scroll bar, but nothing happens. The "focus" stays in the list. I cannot access scrollbars anywhere in the skin.

- Bauer007 - 2008-09-24

dlhoppe Wrote:Ok, I love this skin and I'm glad you now are working on a "lite" version for the old XBox. However, I'm having a couple of issues so far. The major problem is I can't do anything in the "Music" area. The menu blade won't show so I can't do anything. I get the "click" sound, but nothing happens.

Also, how does one access the scroll bars? Can't figure that out.
FWIW, I have the same issue with the blade not functioning...

Are you using an up to date version of XMBC?

- Bauer007 - 2008-09-24

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Are you using an up to date version of XBMC?
I downloaded something a few days ago guessing it was the most recent one, but all I see now is some 'beta' release? Is it possible to PM where I might find the latest, stable build?

If it's xbox then google t3ch, if not then check xbmc.org for other downloads

- Bauer007 - 2008-09-24

skunkm0nkee Wrote:If it's xbox then google t3ch, if not then check xbmc.org for other downloads
Yeah, it's the XBox...thanks for the help and I'll see if this works and fixes the problems I've had...

- mcfreiz - 2008-09-24

great job on this skin! i wasnt really able to use it until the "lite" version was released. even then i ran into memory issues until i lowered my thumbsize and rescanned everything. anyway...

when i turn on the xbox it defaults to weather as the highlighed selection. how can i make it tv shows instead?

also when weather is highlighted selection and that snowy mountain pic is shown on the screen, i cant read the RSS feed. to much transparency and the blue font of the feed blends in too much with the background.

- Aenima99x - 2008-09-24

mcfreiz Wrote:when i turn on the xbox it defaults to weather as the highlighed selection. how can i make it tv shows instead?

If you're comfortable doing it, you need to modify the Home.xml
1. Find the <!-- Main Menu --> section in the file
2. Scroll a little ways down from there (I believe it's line 1261) and you'll see the menu buttons listed in order - Power Button, My System Menu, My Weather Button, etc
3. The item displayed at startup is actually the 3rd one in the list (My Weather Buton), so what you need to do is move the "My TV Shows Button" content above the Weather content and you'll be all set. You can arrange all of the menu items in any order you want.
4. Make sure when you move the menu item, that you move everything between <item id="#"> and </item>.

- SkeezerJ - 2008-09-24

Okay I may be crazy but did mediastream ever used to show the video that's playing in the menus as a little box in the corner? I may just be thinking of PM3. So when you're watching a movie and you go into the menus to choose a new movie is there a way to see a small box with the video you're currently watching? I know it shows up on the main menu but is there an option or something to do this while browsing for other movies/tv shows? LOVE the theme by the way. I was beginning to think no skin would ever top PM3

SkeezerJ Wrote:Okay I may be crazy but did mediastream ever used to show the video that's playing in the menus as a little box in the corner? I may just be thinking of PM3. So when you're watching a movie and you go into the menus to choose a new movie is there a way to see a small box with the video you're currently watching? I know it shows up on the main menu but is there an option or something to do this while browsing for other movies/tv shows? LOVE the theme by the way. I was beginning to think no skin would ever top PM3

It shows behind the blade on the home screen and will show in a small window on some views but unfortunately at the moment it doesn't do it for movies as the showcase and media preview views don't have a suitable area for it to sit in. It will be worked out at some point though. (If you navigate in files mode, via the Videos link, it should work I think?)

- dlhoppe - 2008-09-25

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Are you using an up to date version of XBMC?

Not sure if this message was meant for me.

I'm using a build (sorry, don't have the # right now) that works perfectly with PM3. I assume the issues are skin related since all other skins work fine. Do you have any suggestions that I could try?

Problems are:

1. Music area is dead. Can't bring up the blade. Works fine everywhere else.
2. Can't access scrollbars anywhere.