Kodi Community Forum
How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? (/showthread.php?tid=375639)

Pages: 1 2

How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - terrestrial - 2024-01-03

I'm planning on re-installing the latest librelec on my mini-pc box which runs librelec with kodi 18.9 at the moment.  I tried upgrading 3 yrs ago but that turned in to misery because of python 2 to 3 imcompatilibitly.  I'm assuming upgrading is out of the question right?

So now i just wanna install a brand new libreelec with kodi 20.x but i want to keep my library/watched information. 

What's the best way to simply achieve this?

I remember using the video library export function once but that doesn't always seem to work. When upgrading another box years ago i remember i just wrote down everything and manually marked everything as watched. 

Any suggestions?

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - izprtxqkft - 2024-01-03

use the trakt addon

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - terrestrial - 2024-01-03

Thx for the suggestion but i would rather keep my info in house and not send everything to a cloud service.

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - izprtxqkft - 2024-01-03

forgot all about this but 2 months ago i ported an addon for shedrock to do this

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=374698

i just now reupped

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - terrestrial - 2024-01-03

Does this plugin work with python 2  as well ?

(2024-01-03, 23:19)terrestrial Wrote: Does this plugin work with python 2  as well ?

the original should, shedrock said it worked under leia

the expectation would be that you install the original on the old system to backup then my port on the new one to restore

the link from shedrock is still up for the original https://mega.nz/file/IbIX2TSA#aXd-cXKaoPFTWi29tDewI0g-_-xQ5S25XOMqTz-Amh8

as far as the actual question, does my port run on python2, i highly doubt it but that's not the use case

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - terrestrial - 2024-01-08

Unfortunately t doesn't work, it immediately says.. can't install addons because it has python 3.0 depencies which is not present in kodi 18.9 (libreelec 9.x)

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - izprtxqkft - 2024-01-08

(2024-01-08, 19:54)terrestrial Wrote: Unfortunately t doesn't work, it immediately says.. can't install addons because it has python 3.0 depencies which is not present in kodi 18.9 (libreelec 9.x)

thanks for confirming my last post where you would install the "ORIGINAL" version on the OLD KODI, and only use my version to restore onto the NEW KODI

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - terrestrial - 2024-01-08

(2024-01-08, 20:54)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-01-08, 19:54)terrestrial Wrote: Unfortunately t doesn't work, it immediately says.. can't install addons because it has python 3.0 depencies which is not present in kodi 18.9 (libreelec 9.x)

thanks for confirming my last post where you would install the "ORIGINAL" version on the OLD KODI, and only use my version to restore onto the NEW KODI
I think i tried them both, but they give the same error.

I have made a libreelec backup, a video_database export, i saved the database folder and alot of config files to my computer.  But when trying out a live boot from the usb stick with the new version i couldn't get the YT plugin to give me 4K quality.  I was trying out thing first to make sure i works when i actually re-install.

Why is this upgrading to a new version such HORROR ?

Yes i'm a computer guy but even i don't like doing this any more. I'm might be running kodi 18.9 for the next 2 yrs. :-)  The last time i tried upgrading was begin 2021 to kodi 19 it failed miserably, that was the point where the devs switched from python 2 to 3 and that's fine but they should really think more about the users who just want their media box that they use every day to work.  I don't have many addons/plugins but even the most basic stuff like the interface confluence didn't work at that time. I just don't want to spend days again to fix everything that will break and that is why i keep postponing a new kodi/libreelec version.

Maybe i should make a full ssd to ssd copy first.. in case something does not work.

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - izprtxqkft - 2024-01-08

(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: I think i tried them both, but they give the same error.
not possible, the original only requires python 2.20 (it's in the addon.xml) so there's no way kodi gave an error about python 3.0
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: Why is this upgrading to a new version such HORROR ?
because you're jumping major versions
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: I'm might be running kodi 18.9 for the next 2 yrs. :-)
whatever works for you
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: I just don't want to spend days again to fix everything that will break and that is why i keep postponing a new kodi/libreelec version.
unfortunately sticking with an old version is never a good idea
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: Maybe i should make a full ssd to ssd copy first.. in case something does not work.
just backup the contents of /storage, or even less /storage/.kodi

if the addon doesn't work then i don't have any other ideas, i use trakt, updating the addon was just for shedrock as i don't even use such utilities

(2024-01-08, 22:10)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: I think i tried them both, but they give the same error.
not possible, the original only requires python 2.20 (it's in the addon.xml) so there's no way kodi gave an error about python 3.0
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: Why is this upgrading to a new version such HORROR ?
because you're jumping major versions
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: I'm might be running kodi 18.9 for the next 2 yrs. :-)
whatever works for you
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: I just don't want to spend days again to fix everything that will break and that is why i keep postponing a new kodi/libreelec version.
unfortunately sticking with an old version is never a good idea
(2024-01-08, 21:58)terrestrial Wrote: Maybe i should make a full ssd to ssd copy first.. in case something does not work.
just backup the contents of /storage, or even less /storage/.kodi

if the addon doesn't work then i don't have any other ideas, i use trakt, updating the addon was just for shedrock as i don't even use such utilities

Can you give me a direct link to the version that should work, maybe i downloaded the wrong one?  I tries 2 versions one of 756 kB and one of 758 kB.

Can the contents of /storage be overwritten when using a new version or will this conflict?  Or do you mean using it as a backup when i have to put back the old 18.9 version?

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - izprtxqkft - 2024-01-09

(2024-01-08, 22:45)terrestrial Wrote: Can you give me a direct link to the version that should work, maybe i downloaded the wrong one?
(2024-01-03, 23:27)izprtxqkft Wrote: the link from shedrock is still up for the original https://mega.nz/file/IbIX2TSA#aXd-cXKaoP...OMqTz-Amh8

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - terrestrial - 2024-01-09

(2024-01-09, 05:16)izprtxqkft Wrote:
(2024-01-08, 22:45)terrestrial Wrote: Can you give me a direct link to the version that should work, maybe i downloaded the wrong one?
(2024-01-03, 23:27)izprtxqkft Wrote: the link from shedrock is still up for the original https://mega.nz/file/IbIX2TSA#aXd-cXKaoP...OMqTz-Amh8
I kinda figured that last night and tried it again.. but no bueno. It says failed to install plugin from zipfile. no notice about python 3.0 in this one.

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - Tobor - 2024-01-10

(2024-01-03, 18:31)terrestrial Wrote: I remember using the video library export function once but that doesn't always seem to work.

I'm not sure why this wouldn't work. If you add this line to advancedsettings.xml:
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
...it should preserve the watched state of the items rescanned into your library. What specifically "doesn't always seem to work"?

RE: How do i keep watched information when reinstalling kodi/libreelec? - terrestrial - 2024-01-11

i'm not sure either why it did not work.   But why would i need to add that line, shouldn't it be on by default ?