Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=38333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

how to disconnect the PS3 remote in Windows 7 x64 - bandgap112 - 2010-07-07

Hi,

How do I disconnect the PS3 remote in Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)?

After pairing the remote it just shows up as an BD remote control icon in "devices and printers" but does not have the text "connected" or "disconnect" when I press and hold the Playstation button, as shown in WinXP.

The remote works fine with XBMC.

Thanks.

- Migsse - 2010-07-18

Did anyone find the missing keyboard binds that are not listed in the wiki? I'm still trying to figure out what they are, but with no success so far.

PS3 remote problems - Lachlan - 2010-10-20

I'm having a hard time getting my PC to react to the PS3 remote.

I have a Dell Studio 1555 with a Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card running Windows 7 x64.

Listed under Bluetooth Radio in device manages lists the above and also Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.

Mini-card : Version 6.3.5.430 dated 8/04/2010
Enumerator: Version 6.1.7600.16385 21/06/2006

The bluetooth card is successfully paired to my Dell BT Travel mouse so I figure it is working ok.

I can add the PS3 remote (fresh batteries) via Decives and Printers and it installs as a BD Remote Control. I have paired it without a code

Under Human-Interface-Devices in the device manager it is listed as Bluetooth Remote Control.

When I check it under Devices and Printers the icon is greyed out. Under settings all of the device information is unavailable. Under 'Services' it is blank.

Can anyone shed some light on why the remote icon is greyed out? Pressing any buttons on the remote does not change the icon. It seems this is all that is keeping me from using EventGhost and XBMC.

Cheers.

- cheetah05 - 2010-10-26

Lachlan Wrote:*snip*

This is due to the device not pairing correctly. You need to ensure that the remote remains in pairing mode throughout the time that the remote tries to pair with Windows.

This is the experimental version: http://benbarron.com/applications

Have a go and let me know how it runs?

Also - follow me on twitter for information about the latest release: http://twitter.com/BenBarrondotCom

- Lachlan - 2010-10-26

Thanks Ben.

I have had issues with pairing the device.

After pressing the PS3 + Start button it would show in the "Add a device" panel but I had to continue to press buttons on the remote whilst it was pairing.

If I did not press any buttons I would get an error code. I can't remember the exact code and unfortunately I'm at work now.
*EDIT*
The code is 0x80070015

This morning I tried running the non-experimental version of the PS3 remote. It installed correctly but the option to pair the remote was greyed out. The experimental version did not seem to have this option.

- cheetah05 - 2010-10-27

Lachlan Wrote:I have had issues with pairing the device.

After pressing the PS3 + Start button

You need to press the ENTER + START buttons together to get it in pairing mode...NOT the buttons you were pressing.

There is currently no pairing tool included in either release - I am aware of this.

Also - try fresh batteries in the remote......this is a fix to the same common issue!

EDIT: New experimental version up now to fix UAC issues and saving the configuration file.

- Lachlan - 2010-10-28

cheetah05 Wrote:You need to press the ENTER + START buttons together to get it in pairing mode...NOT the buttons you were pressing.

There is currently no pairing tool included in either release - I am aware of this.

Also - try fresh batteries in the remote......this is a fix to the same common issue!

EDIT: New experimental version up now to fix UAC issues and saving the configuration file.

Wow, I can't believe what a fool I am! You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted. I just donated 5 pounds, keep up the good work!

- cheetah05 - 2010-10-28

Lachlan Wrote:Wow, I can't believe what a fool I am! You know what they say, a fool and his money are soon parted. I just donated 5 pounds, keep up the good work!

Glad you got it working in the end....I'll have a beer on you Smile Thanks for the donation!

- sIRwa2 - 2010-10-30

Hi cheetah05, nice to see you back here and working on this great app again. have you seen superarcan contribution. its a real must running the 2 pieces of software together.. love to see them merge.

- cheetah05 - 2010-10-30

sIRwa2 Wrote:Hi cheetah05, nice to see you back here and working on this great app again. have you seen superarcan contribution. its a real must running the 2 pieces of software together.. love to see them merge.

Working on it at the moment.

I know exactly what supercan's application is doing and have replicated the functionality (haven't published it yet), the problem is that it won't work in Vista or Windows 7 and won't work for x64 either.

- cheetah05 - 2010-10-30

New experimental release INCLUDING REMOTE SLEEP FEATURE.

Download the installer and see changelog here: Http://www.benbarron.com/applications.

Check the changelog for other cool changes....like it now reports battery life.

Please let me know feedback on sleep feature.

(You need to run the program as administration for the sleep feature to work.....unlikely to work on x64 too, but let me know whether it does)

As a quick rundown....to see if it is actually working on now (sleep feature).....open the application, enable the sleep feature in the settings, press a button on the remote....wait for 2 minutes.....go into Bluetooth devices and see if the remote is connected or not....if its not connected then the sleep feature has worked. If you hover on the PS3 BluMote icon, it should report as disconnected too.....don't press any buttons on the remote though or it will automatically connect again.

- choochee - 2010-11-02

thanks cheetah05, your app works great, trialling the exp. version now, the key mapping works great in MCE07, what would be the quickest and easiest way to have this key mapping config work in XBMC as the round button and the enter button are the main buttons which only work.

I really miss the toggle buttons on my Logitech wireless on the xbox, I miss flicking FF and RW in movies, the pc version with the 30 seconds FF and RW is terrible and there is no quick flicks obviously.

* Just an update, most of the buttons don't work with the experiment version, I even tried importing the ini from the previous version, the sleep function doesn't work and the battery meter just sat at 80%, am using W7E64.

- cheetah05 - 2010-11-02

choochee Wrote:thanks cheetah05, your app works great, trialling the exp. version now, the key mapping works great in MCE07, what would be the quickest and easiest way to have this key mapping config work in XBMC as the round button and the enter button are the main buttons which only work.

Quickest way would be to do one yourself: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Global_Keyboard

Quote:* Just an update, most of the buttons don't work with the experiment version, I even tried importing the ini from the previous version, the sleep function doesn't work and the battery meter just sat at 80%, am using W7E64.

What do you mean most of the buttons don't work. Most of the buttons are configured to anything at the moment. You need to right-click the icon in the system-tray, goto configuration and set them up to do something.

The previous version settings file isn't compatible with the new experimental version.

The Sleep function probably won't work on x64 at the moment, trying to figure a way around it. Try running the application as administrator and see if it works.

The battery level is showing 80% because that is the battery level on your remote. It will only show the battery level in steps of 20%. (ie 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%)....this is the only information you can get from the remote.

- choochee - 2010-11-02

cheetah05 Wrote:Quickest way would be to do one yourself: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Global_Keyboard
Damn, I was hoping someone might have the .xml, the pc versions files is more of a hassle to adjust then the xbox version.

cheetah05 Wrote:What do you mean most of the buttons don't work. Most of the buttons are configured to anything at the moment. You need to right-click the icon in the system-tray, goto configuration and set them up to do something.

The previous version settings file isn't compatible with the new experimental version.

The Sleep function probably won't work on x64 at the moment, trying to figure a way around it. Try running the application as administrator and see if it works.

The battery level is showing 80% because that is the battery level on your remote. It will only show the battery level in steps of 20%. (ie 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, 100%)....this is the only information you can get from the remote.

Your previous version worked straight out of the box with MCE7, hardly at all with xbmc. I've disabled UAC so running admin is not needed, thanks for the batt info.

- cheetah05 - 2010-11-02

The whole idea of the program is that you are supposed to set the buttons yourself. In the experimental version I have set the buttons that I think are universal to *MOST* applications to shorten the process.

Thanks.