Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=38333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- trouble2000 - 2010-12-03

I have the same problem. I'll uncheck the triple tap and see if it all goes fine.

- deadwolfbones - 2010-12-21

Using the experimental release... everything looks good, but I have two bugs:

1. Occasionally it's like the Windows key gets stuck, and if I try to type anything the keystrokes open all kinds of programs (presumably assigned to Win+N or whatever). Tapping the left Windows key once seems to fix this.

2. Holding down the PS button for 6 seconds doesn't do anything, with the remote hibernation on OR off. I have no way to de-pair the remote as things stand.

edit: x64 Win 7.

- oldpainless - 2010-12-23

Thanks for all the hard work on this project....waiting for my dongle to arrive as I type..lol

K

- sIRwa2 - 2010-12-24

@deadwolfbones

Quote:.unlikely to work on x64
Quote from cheetah05

in Might work, but its not designed to do on a 64 system. sorry

- oldpainless - 2010-12-29

Anyone else getting high CPU with the experimental build?...it seems to be svchost controling the dcomlaunch service.

Anyone know how to fix this? or is it best to email the dev?

Cheers

K

EDIT - d'oh...should add I'm on win7 32bit.

- subvertbeats - 2011-01-25

oldpainless Wrote:Anyone else getting high CPU with the experimental build?...it seems to be svchost controling the dcomlaunch service.

Cheers

K

Yep same here on Win 7 x64

- Tyler Durden - 2011-01-27

Just tried the standard build on my Win 7 32bit machine.

It appears to be working, but when inside XBMC my inputs seem to be doubled up. IE, when I press the left button the menu moves on 2 positions.

What can be causing this?

- sIRwa2 - 2011-01-30

Its very well possible to run 2 instances of the program at once.. thus doubling the input commands.

- eMTea - 2011-02-01

Hi!
I have problems with pairing the remote with Windows, (7 ultimate x64).
I've got this working before, few weeks ago, but the batteries ran out, and now i want to go over the procedure again.

Windows discovers the remote, when i hold the pairing combination, but times out when trying to connect. Anyone here with the same problem?

- eMTea - 2011-02-02

eMTea Wrote:Hi!
I have problems with pairing the remote with Windows, (7 ultimate x64).
I've got this working before, few weeks ago, but the batteries ran out, and now i want to go over the procedure again.

Windows discovers the remote, when i hold the pairing combination, but times out when trying to connect. Anyone here with the same problem?

Amyone?

- brett.xbmc - 2011-02-19

oldpainless Wrote:Anyone else getting high CPU with the experimental build?...it seems to be svchost controling the dcomlaunch service.

Cheers

K

I'm seeing ~25% CPU utilization on Vista 32.

ps. cheetah - sent a small donation your way a few days ago - thanks!

- NexXxus - 2011-02-19

The new experimental version doesn't seems to have an keymap import export function right?
I haven't found it yet.

- cheetah05 - 2011-02-20

LonelyTV Wrote:I've been using the experimental version of the program, and every time I wake the remote (rather every time I USE the program) my CPU usage goes from ~0% to 100% and stays that way until I quit the program even if I turn off the remote. Anyone else experiencing this or am I the only one?

I'm running the program on Windows 7 Ultimate with a IO Gear USB Bluetooth dongle.

Quite a few people have been reporting the high CPU usage...i'll definitely be looking into it.

trouble2000 Wrote:Is is possible to wake the pc with this remote?

And where can i get the ps3 remote application, the one on choochee's post (the one on the right).

Not possible to wake the PC, and highly likely that it will never be possible.

The application on the right is an old unstable BETA...a bit of googling and you might find it.

mach170 Wrote:Well... I turned off triple tap and have played a movie for 1 hour without it stopping on it's own, so there must be a bug with triple tap and some Bluetooth dongles.

Hmm, I shall look into this tripple tap bug.

- cheetah05 - 2011-02-20

deadwolfbones Wrote:Using the experimental release... everything looks good, but I have two bugs:

1. Occasionally it's like the Windows key gets stuck, and if I try to type anything the keystrokes open all kinds of programs (presumably assigned to Win+N or whatever). Tapping the left Windows key once seems to fix this.

2. Holding down the PS button for 6 seconds doesn't do anything, with the remote hibernation on OR off. I have no way to de-pair the remote as things stand.

edit: x64 Win 7.

1. looking into this.
2. This is a hardware function....completely unaffected by my software. Holding the PS button for 6 seconds should disconnect the remote.

sIRwa2 Wrote:@deadwolfbones

Quote from cheetah05

in Might work, but its not designed to do on a 64 system. sorry

I will work on x64 systems but the hibernation feature will NOT.

Cheers

K

Definitely best to email the dev (me) as I rarely get the chance to look on these forums...

Alot of people have observed high CPU usage, so I am looking into it.

Tyler Durden Wrote:Just tried the standard build on my Win 7 32bit machine.

It appears to be working, but when inside XBMC my inputs seem to be doubled up. IE, when I press the left button the menu moves on 2 positions.

What can be causing this?

Have you got two instances of the application open?

eMTea Wrote:Amyone?

Put fresh batteries in the remote and follow the setup instructions here: http://www.benbarron.com/applications

- cheetah05 - 2011-02-20

brett.xbmc Wrote:I'm seeing ~25% CPU utilization on Vista 32.

ps. cheetah - sent a small donation your way a few days ago - thanks!

Thanks brett....CPU utilization should NOT be that high...what are you hardware specs?

NexXxus Wrote:The new experimental version doesn't seems to have an keymap import export function right?
I haven't found it yet.

That is correct....there is no keymap import/export yet.