Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO easily get MCE Remote working flawlessly in XBMC with EventGhost - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO easily get MCE Remote working flawlessly in XBMC with EventGhost (/showthread.php?tid=38579)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- CMitch - 2009-02-03

Hi all,
i'm having zero luck finding an MCE remote in my local Best Buy(s)
so resigned to buying online. Plenty to choose from but they all state they are designed for Vista (I have XP MC2005). I figured with drivers they would work with my O/S but amazon stated that the particular Remote i wanted will not work with XP so now i'm worried these Remotes that state they are designed for Vista may no work for me.

Can anyone post a link to a reputable site that sells MCE Remotes that definetly work with Win XP. This is the last stage in building my machine and I was hoping to complete it this past W/E.

Cheers in advance.

- User 34959 - 2009-02-05

calvinf Wrote:I'm not sure if there's another way, but I got around both these issues by mapping the remote to keyboard actions, rather than the XBMC plugin.

For example, for up, down, left, right I disabled the mappings within the Eventghost XBMC plugin and mapped the remote inputs to the up, down, left, right keyboard keys. Similarly for the backspace key, I just added a backspace key command under "keyboard" and mapped the relevant button on my remote to that.

I guess this is what needs to be done to make arrow keys responsive and have video OSD working (without timeline skipping happening while using arrows keys)?
Eventghosts user interface doesn't make it easy though, too bad that HIP doesn't seem to be working in Vista SP1. Sad

- xanadu1979 - 2009-02-05

CMitch Wrote:Hi all,
i'm having zero luck finding an MCE remote in my local Best Buy(s)
so resigned to buying online. Plenty to choose from but they all state they are designed for Vista (I have XP MC2005). I figured with drivers they would work with my O/S but amazon stated that the particular Remote i wanted will not work with XP so now i'm worried these Remotes that state they are designed for Vista may no work for me.

Can anyone post a link to a reputable site that sells MCE Remotes that definetly work with Win XP. This is the last stage in building my machine and I was hoping to complete it this past W/E.

Cheers in advance.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1644435&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=TBBTkwCjCVyBpAgf%20mwzygtCjCVRqCjCVRq

- ammps3 - 2009-02-05

F3d0r Wrote:[*] After starting EG, load the MCE Remote Plugin (say yes when asked about disabling HID for the remote control device)
Hello.

I have a problem: now my MCE Remote do not work with MediaPortal. How I can enable the HID again?.

Thanks.

- User 34959 - 2009-02-05

Can someone help out an idiot Oo

How do i enable macros under "XBMC Commands" folder when XBMC is active? I can't find a place to define application/task/process or whichever that task create/switch events plugin uses for enabling exclusive.

This is what it looks like at the moment

Edit: And i figured it out a minute after posting, after adding task create/switch plugin, you'll see XBMC in the left side panel when you launch it Big Grin

- CMitch - 2009-02-05

Cheers xanadu1979.

I love Tiger but had a hard time finding anything other than Vista only.

In my search for the perfect controller I came across this:-

http://www.antec.com/usa/productDetails.php?lan=us&id=30124

Anyone played with these products on here?

- Lozin - 2009-03-12

Does anyone know where to buy the official remote in NSW Australia?

- Dougie Fresh - 2009-03-12

Ashex Wrote:There's no key in the plugin for the backspace key. I don't know what that key is, but it's not previous. Rather annoying when I'm 3 levels down in videos and want to back out by one and have to either scroll to the top, or go all the way back to the root menu then go back in.

AFAIK, they are there. I think it goes like this (sorry for using the names of the action IDs, I don't have EventGhost right in front of me). I mapped parentdir to the back button and previousmenu to something else on my MCE remote.

parentdir Go to the parent directory (cd ..) (Backspace)
previousmenu Go back a menu (Esc)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Action_IDs (the EventClient just exposes these).

Brilliant posts earlier about mapping to the keyboard. I'd mapped the DVD Menu MCE remote to the OSD action in the EventClient and it's not working. I am going to try mapping DVD Menu to the 'M' key on the keyboard and see if I can get that working instead. Then it will be 100% functional! w00t!

- j0se - 2009-03-13

Hi Guys .. After hours of working on this last nite and to little success as i would like to get use the MCE Remote for XBMC when in XBMC and when in VMC use the normal remote commands, in Guide, Live TV, DVD Menu .. etc in VMC

Does anyone want to share a working xml file for this?

Its just that when i started programming this last nite when i am in VMC i cannot get the Live TV button to work and when i create the keyboard short cut it still doesn't launch.

Thanks for sharing

- Lozin - 2009-03-17

Hey guys,

I went and bought a Digitech imitation MCE remote today:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=XC4889&keywords=XC4889&form=KEYWORD

Then i opened EventGhost. I plugged in the IR reciever and it came up System Device attached. I push random buttons on my remote but nothing comes up in the log. However, when i push buttons, buttons become backlit so i know its working. Even when i push the up and down arrows, it moves up and down the configuration. When i open XBMC with a keyboard, i can scroll and go through menus with the remote. How come i cant edit the buttons and the actions dont appear in the log?

PS Im sure i checked that box when i installed it.

PPS I went to Plugins and added the Generic one and it got no errors, but still nothing is coming up in the log.

EvenGhost can't read __init__.py for XBMC plugin - slappyjam - 2009-03-29

OK guys,

I am seeing this same issue. I've searched Google and found this thread with a few others having the same issue. However, there are NO responses with possible solutions.

I downloaded the XBMC plugin and extracted it to C:\Program Files\EventGhost\Plugins, but I get the above error when I try to use it.

Do I need to have Python installed for this to work? Can someone PLEASE respond to this thread with a possible solution? Nothing more frustrating then finding other people with the same problems and NO answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- cmille34 - 2009-03-30

slappyjam Wrote:OK guys,

I am seeing this same issue. I've searched Google and found this thread with a few others having the same issue. However, there are NO responses with possible solutions.

I downloaded the XBMC plugin and extracted it to C:\Program Files\EventGhost\Plugins, but I get the above error when I try to use it.

Do I need to have Python installed for this to work? Can someone PLEASE respond to this thread with a possible solution? Nothing more frustrating then finding other people with the same problems and NO answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Prolly the same issue I had, you likely don't have the latest version of Event Ghost, you have to get the beta/nightly build one. That one already has the XBMC plug in it. Try this:
http://www.eventghost.org/downloads/

Hopefully this helps.

- MontanaVike - 2009-04-03

It seems the remote will only work when I have the Eventghost GUI physically open on my desktop. Is this normal?

It's almost like it doesn't load the .xml file until after I start EventGhost manually.

Can someone explain me how to do a macro with EG to solve S3/remote problem? - Queen1980 - 2009-04-15

wrong post, sorry.

- Wizard1969 - 2009-04-19

Hi All,

I am brand new to XBMC but so far it is off the chart compared to MCE2005 IMO. I am having one serious problem though, I cannot get my remote to work correctly. I've been through the forums and have tried everything I can find but with no luck, hoping someone can help? I am running MCE2005 with all current updates, latest XBMC (9.04 / Babylon), latest EG (0.3.7r851). I have installed both XBMC and Microsoft MCE Remote plugin in EG. My remote is the actual MS MCE remote and my receiver is an Antec Fusion (built in IR).The directional keys and "OK" key work but nothing else. The walk-thru says to map the remote key press actions in EG to the corresponding action for the XBMC plugin. However when I press the remote keys the action doesn't appear in EG log so I can't map them?? Also EG event log is reporting some errors with the MCE Remote Plugin which I think might be the problem? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin but no luck. I know the remote & Fusion IR are working fine because it works like a champ in MCE. When I am in MCE and press a remote key the LCD on the Antec Fusion reports it. But when I am not in MCE and just trying to map the keys in EG and press a remote key the display reads "Not Defined Command." Any help is much appreciated!!

---> Welcome to EventGhost <---
Autostart
Plugin: XBMC
Plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote
Error starting plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote
Traceback (most recent call last) (851):
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\eg\Classes\PluginInfo.py", line 312, in Start
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 279, in __start__
File "C:\Program Files\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 349, in CheckHidState
AttributeError: type object '_Exception' has no attribute 'DeviceNotFound'
Plugin: X10: Generic X10
Error starting plugin: X10 Remote
No X10 receiver found!
Plugin: Zoom Player
Plugin: Winamp
Plugin: Task Create/Switch Events
Enable exclusive: Keyboard Emulation
Plugin: USB-UIRT
Error starting plugin: USB-UIRT
Driver not found!
Main.OnInit