Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] LaunchPlayer - External Video Player Launcher (to launch third-party players) (/showthread.php?tid=40136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

- konfoo - 2008-12-09

punking Wrote:Is anybody using KMPlayer? I'm trying and XBMC launches it but KMPlayer then throws up an error. KMPlayer on its own works fine.

Error num: FFFFFFFF
Filename: The
Data:
File Does Not Exist!

10:08:42 T:12072 M:1188081664 NOTICE: CEXTPlayer:ExecuteApp: C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe -fs "J:\Video\HD\[HD] Lost Land of the Jaguar\[HD] Lost Land of the Jaguar Ep1.avi"

Because it's trying to open a file called '-fs'. Use the correct command line switches (rtfm?). I also notice kmplayer is slightly retarded in that it reads the commandline switches after the filename, not before, i.e. kmplayer.exe file.ext /fullscreen. So it won't work right now unless you disable the commandline switch completely (<args></args>) and set the parameters inside the kmplayer's prefs directly.

- konfoo - 2008-12-09

sleepnd Wrote:i tested svn built 16496. it work fine but not non-english filename, seems externalplayer patch cannot handle on it, anyone have this problem?

i'm a chinese and default using BIG5.

Please post a log on pastebin.

- ashlar - 2008-12-09

konfoo Wrote:That doesn't look like the correct commandline argument for zoomplayer's fullscreen mode. /F or /LOCKFS (rtfm?)
Lol at (rftm) Big Grin

Yes, you have to use /F and, if you want, you can then add /LOCKFS to stop the player from responding to, for instance, the ESC key that would switch from fullscreen to windowed.

- punking - 2008-12-09

Thanks for your help. This is just an update for anybody else with the same problem and does a search for KMPlayer.

I disabled the <args> and set full screen in the KMPlayer options. It still threw up the same error. So I tried dpassent's suggestion of reinstalling KMPlayer in C:\KMPlayer and changed the xml advancedsettings to match, and it now works.

Thanks.

- us1111 - 2008-12-09

I cannot find this in the thread, but... Is it also possible to automate to only start the external player with certain filetypes and use the internal for the rest?

Like *.avi, internal and *.mkv external?

- ashlar - 2008-12-10

us1111 Wrote:I cannot find this in the thread, but... Is it also possible to automate to only start the external player with certain filetypes and use the internal for the rest?

No, it's not possible.

- JoyMonkey - 2008-12-10

obstler Wrote:just wanted to add that the newer builds work perfectly for me. I run xbmc in 1920x1080 fullscreen and mpc launches just fine in the foreground in fullscreen.

Obstler, can you share your settings?

I've been trying to get the latest Media Player Classic Home Cinema to work, but it's not launching correctly. It appears to launch, but I'm stuck looking at XBMC. The mouse pointer changes to the MPC pointer and the movie plays (I can hear the audio fine), but the players video and overlays don't show. Pressing Alt-Tab appears to change applications, but I'm still stuck looking at XBMC (ie, even if I Alt-Tab and Windows Explorer is selected, I still only see XBMC).
I tried it with <forceontop> set to true and false but it doesn't make a difference.

My MPC HS (x86) settings:
DirectShow Output set to EVR (required for DXVA support AFAIK)
On Top set to Always
Open Options -> "Launch files in fullscreen" selected

BTW, I'm running on Vista 64-bit and the latest Ati Catalyst.

- UFGrayMatter - 2008-12-10

ashlar Wrote:
us1111 Wrote:I cannot find this in the thread, but... Is it also possible to automate to only start the external player with certain filetypes and use the internal for the rest?

No, it's not possible.
is this planning to be added?

I specifically need filename filters - i.e. i keep my BD/HDDVD stuff in a "HiDef" fodler, so any file that is played needs to be sent to TMT.

All my stuff is ISO so filename exclusions wouldn't work.

- konfoo - 2008-12-10

UFGrayMatter Wrote:is this planning to be added?

I specifically need filename filters - i.e. i keep my BD/HDDVD stuff in a "HiDef" fodler, so any file that is played needs to be sent to TMT.

All my stuff is ISO so filename exclusions wouldn't work.

No. If you read through this thread you should find some solutions.

- smtdd - 2008-12-10

HELP~!

===========My English is very poor, GOOGLE translation,sorry~===============

I come from China

I use the Chinese system WINDOWS.

and, use this SVN :
http://ocs.nl/xbmc/XBMCSetup-Rev16501-kricker-externalplayer.exe

There have been some problems :

Chinese directory and Chinese file names can not support .

But,English directory and file names can support.

Thanks all!

- konfoo - 2008-12-10

smtdd Wrote:Chinese directory and Chinese file names can not support .

Please turn on debugmode in XBMC, open a file to play with external player, and post your xbmc.log on e.g. pastebin.com. (Hopefully this reverse translates correctly) Wink

- obstler - 2008-12-10

JoyMonkey Wrote:Obstler, can you share your settings?

my setup is rather conservative as I tend not to mess with my htpc too much once it works.

win xp pro, sp2
XBMCSetup-Rev16487-kricker-externalplayer (haven't tried the newer builds since that one just worked)
mpc "classic" (the latest official non -hc build)

settings:
mpc: dx9 renderless, d3d surfaces
<filename>c:\mpc\mplayerc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen</args>

I currently don't use /close for checking stuff within mpc, so I close it manually.

hope that helps...

- digital21cn - 2008-12-10

yes. Just like what smtdd said, it seems that the plugin does not support Chinese characters.

- konfoo - 2008-12-10

digital21cn Wrote:yes. Just like what smtdd said, it seems that the plugin does not support Chinese characters.

Well that's fantastic but unless someone posts their log this problem will never be solved.

- spiff - 2008-12-10

log wont really show you anything.

the issue is this (not confirmed but i'm quite sure); we use utf-8 to represent everything internally in xbmc, those apps want msft ansi formatted strings. unicode in windows is really quite the pita. looking at the commits that (tried to) fix the international-char-in-username stuff might be an idea