Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Warner306 - 2019-01-01

If you are using v18, it is a bug. Someone should post the issue with a debug log on the bug tracker, so it gets fixed. Team Kodi obviously isn't aware of this issue.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - mva5580 - 2019-01-04

So I've got a pretty puzzling issue and while I use the Windows 10 App I did notice this huge thread about external player support, and that's what my issue is.  

I'm using 17.6 and I had a playercorefactory.xml file setup to load MPC-HC whenever I would play an .mkv file and it was working completely fine for quite a while, no issues at all.  But last night when I tried to load one of my movies, it loaded the internal player instead and it's doing that for all of my files.  I've tried to do some troubleshooting on my own in regards to looking at the file even though I've changed absolutely nothing on it and it still looks as it should, I've also checked the log file and the weird thing in it to me (again, I've changed nothing on my own so it may have even said this before the problem started last night) is that the masterprofile is pointing to the installation directory that would be for a non Windows 10 App version of Kodi, not the directory that has the really long Kodi app package name.   I had an older installation of the non app version of Kodi so I deleted it, I also deleted and reinstalled the App version and yet the masterprofile is still pointing to the non-app path.

Again I don't know if any of that even makes a difference because 1) I changed nothing before it stopped working, and 2) Even when that non-app directory was there I had a playercorefactory.xml that would properly play .mkv's.   So even if it was pointing to that old directory my user information was still valid and working.   Anyway I'm just not sure what the deal is in why the file isn't working, or why the path in the masterprofile isn't pointing to the correct Windows 10 App path.   Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edit:  Well I still can't say I have any idea as to why it stopped working, but I switched over to the Kodi DSPlayer and everything is working fine with that.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - ojodehalcon11 - 2019-01-14

Hello, for those who can not play 4k videos, I leave my configuacion that worked.
My external player is KMPlayer 64X. http://www.kmplayer.com/
I have Windows 8.1 x64. Kodi 17.6 Krypton-x86.

Example: Video name MKV 4K.
C: \ Users \ ******* \ Downloads \ Videos \ Movies \ Avengers Infinity War (2018) 4K UHD [HDR] \ Avengers Infinity War (2018) 4K UHD [HDR] .mkv

<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="KMPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files\KMPlayer 64X\KMPlayer64.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
      <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
      <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
      <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
      <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*4k.*" player="KMPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*HDR10.*|.*HDR.*|.*hdr.*" player="KMPlayer"/>
    <rule filename=".*4K.*" player="KMPlayer"/>
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory>

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - elajoie - 2019-02-23

Does anyone have a working playercorefactory.xml example for UHD playback via PowerDVD18?

I can play UHD discs with PowerDVD18 but when in Kodi the disc option says disks are encrypted and I don't see it try and start PowerDVD like with ISO versions.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - RonnyB - 2019-03-04

Hi guys, can anybody help me to get 3DVideoPlayer to work as external player ?

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - twinpeaks - 2019-03-09

PowerDVD is a serious pain in the butt with 4k. Have you gotten it to work outside of Kodi first? Just through Windows? There are many technical requirements for PowerDVD.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Garry74 - 2019-03-09

While playing a 4k movie if I pause the screen flashes. If I play a 1080p movie and pause the screen is fine. Anybody else get this issue?

I tried a previous posters recommendation of updating the lav filters, but it did not work. Any help appreciated.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - PatK - 2019-03-14

(2019-01-04, 19:47)mva5580 Wrote: is pointing to the installation directory that would be for a non Windows 10 App version
First hope is a clean reboot restores all paths and functionality.

I doubt this is an external player issue, but more of an installation scramble.  Be aware that Kodi installs in different places, there is the MS store version, the forum version and of course the portable version and then the Kodi DSPlayer version, which I hope follows the same rules. "yet the masterprofile is still pointing to the non-app path" There might be some crossed sources/paths in the deletion you made (pure speculation). Suggest in this case: A portable mode https://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Portable installation of Kodi from the link top of the page, and salavge your Userdata (wiki) folder to that path (Kodi shouldn't be running) after you have proved out the portable.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - RXP91 - 2019-03-22

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help. I'm trying to configure having two seperate external players. With MPC BE as the default one, but when I press C having PotPlayer as an option. Both appear in the c menu, however even when I select PotPlayer Kodi launches the file with MPC BE. 

Edit: IGNORE - appears to be a Plex issue with the addon I'm using. Works fine launching through the native library

My xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\MPC-BE x64\mpc-be64.exe</filename>
</player>
<player name="PotPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer\PotPlayerMini64.exe</filename>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MPC-BE">
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - scarface.717 - 2019-08-02

Hello guys, i've read for about 3 hrs in here and google and I haven't found a solution for this issue: 

I have Kodi 18.3 leia, i'm trying to use MPC-HC as an external player. Right now there are a playercorefactory.xml on C:\Program Files\Kodi\system (That's the default one) with this code
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playercorefactory>

<rules name="system rules">
    <rule name="mms/udp" protocols="mms|mmsh|udp" player="VideoPlayer" />
    <rule name="lastfm/shout" protocols="lastfm|shout" player="PAPlayer" />
    <rule name="rtmp" protocols="rtmp" player="videodefaultplayer" />

<!-- VideoPlayer can play standard rtsp streams -->
    <rule name="rtsp" protocols="rtsp" filetypes="!(rm|ra)"  player="PAPlayer" />

<!-- Internet streams -->
    <rule name="streams" internetstream="true">
      <rule name="aacp/sdp" mimetypes="audio/aacp|application/sdp" player="VideoPlayer" />
      <rule name="mp2" mimetypes="application/octet-stream" filetypes="mp2" player="PAPlayer" />
    </rule>

<!-- DVDs -->
    <rule name="dvd" dvd="true" player="VideoPlayer" />
    <rule name="dvdimage" dvdimage="true" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- Only VideoPlayer can handle these normally -->
    <rule name="sdp/asf" filetypes="sdp|asf" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- Pass these to VideoPlayer as we do not know if they are audio or video -->
    <rule name="nsv" filetypes="nsv" player="VideoPlayer" />

<!-- pvr radio channels should be played by VideoPlayer because they need buffering -->
    <rule name="radio" filetypes="pvr" filename=".*/radio/.*" player="VideoPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

I read on kodi wiki I have to let that untouched, so I create another playercorefactory.xml on my userdate which is located in "C:\Users\Scarface Ortiz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata" the playercorefactory.xml has this info on it:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
     <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
      <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" player="MPC-HC">
      <rule filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
    </rule>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

*I'm trying to play 720p, 1080p movie and it's using the default player. 
*I tried to change the default playercorefactory for the new one and On the Kodi Log shows this : "no such player: VideoPlayer" 

I don't know what else to do, that's why I came here. I want that when I click on "ENTER" in a movie it opens on MPC-HC. 

Thank you Very Much!!!

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - ashlar - 2019-08-03

(2019-08-02, 19:47)scarface.717 Wrote: Hello guys, i've read for about 3 hrs in here and google and I haven't found a solution for this issue: *I'm trying to play 720p, 1080p movie and it's using the default player. 
*I tried to change the default playercorefactory for the new one and On the Kodi Log shows this : "no such player: VideoPlayer" 

I don't know what else to do, that's why I came here. I want that when I click on "ENTER" in a movie it opens on MPC-HC. 

Thank you Very Much!!! 
This plays everything with MPC-HC by default:

xml:
 <playercorefactory>
  <players>
      <filename>Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /close</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory>

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - scarface.717 - 2019-08-03

(2019-08-03, 00:54)ashlar Wrote:
(2019-08-02, 19:47)scarface.717 Wrote: Hello guys, i've read for about 3 hrs in here and google and I haven't found a solution for this issue: *I'm trying to play 720p, 1080p movie and it's using the default player. 

Thank you Very Much!!! 
This plays everything with MPC-HC by default:

xml:
 <playercorefactory>
  <players>
      <filename>Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
      <args>"{1}" /close</args>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
  </rules>
 </playercorefactory>

it worked!!!!!!! Thank you very much!

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - SHJordan - 2019-09-30

Can anyone make a ruleset for mpv? mine is on "C:\Users\Jordan\Downloads\mpv\mpv.exe" and my mpv.conf is located on "C:\Users\Jordan\Downloads\mpv\mpv\mpv.conf"

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - SHJordan - 2019-09-30

(2019-09-30, 02:02)SHJordan Wrote: Can anyone make a ruleset for mpv? mine is on "C:\Users\Jordan\Downloads\mpv\mpv.exe" and my mpv.conf is located on "C:\Users\Jordan\Downloads\mpv\mpv\mpv.conf"

I'm guessing this should work:
xml:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="MPV" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Users\Jordan\Downloads\mpv\mpv.exe</filename>
            <args>--use-filedir-conf "C:\Users\Jordan\Downloads\mpv\mpv\mpv.conf" "{1}"</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule video="true" player="MPV"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

My mpv conf goes like this:
xml:
# High quality video rendering for fast computer.
profile=gpu-hq
deband=no
interpolation=yes
video-sync=display-resample
tscale=box
tscale-window=quadric
tscale-clamp=0.0
tscale-radius=1.025
save-position-on-quit
fs=yes

But still the builtin kodi trigger to return the stopped part wont get triggered by default, alas the the save-position-on-quit option on mpv.conf.

Still trying to figure-out how to mesh in the player into kodi window and not on a separated one. like the default player within kodi, so i can press I for instance and see info about the video.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - kevwag - 2019-10-11

I'm trying to get Kodi to play bluray discs and have been banging my head against the wall for weeks trying to find a way. One forum said you need to install a plugin called HEVC and having spent the best part of a day searching for it (and the repo's it was allegedly contained within), I can tell say with confidence that it no longer exists anywhere. There's a good chance it never existed in the first place as I've found that most 3rd-party sites that claim to offer expert advice on Kodi tend to be written by self-appointed experts who don't actually have a clue (I've lost count of the times I've seen the pairing / captcha pop-up described as a "streaming error" with the "fix" being to switch off hosts with captchas!).

Anyway, I'd pretty much given up trying until today, when I decided to have one last bash at it - that's when I found the wiki page explaining about external players. This made my day as I thought I'd finally get this sorted - I have PowerDVD 16 installed so I just need these three files and it's sorted...
but that would have been too easy!

I got the Playercorefactory.xml file no problem, but the links to the Playdisc.bat and PlayISO.bat files lead to dead pages on a file hosting site that says these files are no longer available! I'm so close now, I can almost taste success! Can anyone please share a working link for these files, or just post the code and I'll copy / paste it into files myself.

In case it matters, I'm Using Leia 18.4 (the non Windows store version) on W10 Pro 64 Bit.