Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- zag - 2009-07-15

moby-uk Wrote:Try my build 21650 from http://www.mediafire.com/moby

Sorry it took so long to test...

Great job Big Grin It's working now, watched tag is set correctly and xbmc is restored. Only thing is now it takes about 4 seconds to restore the xbmc gui, not a massive problem but it doesn't look so seamless.

- moby-uk - 2009-07-16

zag2me Wrote:Sorry it took so long to test...

Great job Big Grin It's working now, watched tag is set correctly and xbmc is restored. Only thing is now it takes about 4 seconds to restore the xbmc gui, not a massive problem but it doesn't look so seamless.

I'm guessing you have <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc> ?
My recent builds feature a slight extension to XBMC's frame-limiter that wasn't getting disengaged until after XBMC had been re-shown.

Try this build 21706 in here which should come back in about a second, but, to be honest I'm hoping you shouldn't need to use <hidexbmc/> so try it without and it should come back even quicker.

Also in there is better handling of batch files including automatically hiding the console (unless you override this with <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>).

External player in plugins - pcjco - 2009-07-16

As I was not able to use the external player to watch anime in the animefreak.tv plugin, I made a small patch to add the external player as a player type usable in libpython.
I tested with animefreak.tv plugin and it works.

Code:
Index: xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/player.cpp
===================================================================
--- xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/player.cpp    (revision 21711)
+++ xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/player.cpp    (working copy)
@@ -65,7 +65,8 @@

if (playerCore == EPC_DVDPLAYER ||
         playerCore == EPC_MPLAYER ||
-        playerCore == EPC_PAPLAYER)
+        playerCore == EPC_PAPLAYER ||
+        playerCore == EPC_EXTPLAYER)
     {
       self->playerCore = (EPLAYERCORES)playerCore;
     }
@@ -490,7 +491,8 @@
     "         : - xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO\n"
     "         : - xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER\n"
     "         : - xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER\n"
-    "         : - xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_PAPLAYER\n");
+    "         : - xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_PAPLAYER\n"
+    "         : - xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_EXTPLAYER\n");

// Restore code and data sections to normal.
#ifndef __GNUC__
Index: xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.cpp
===================================================================
--- xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.cpp    (revision 21711)
+++ xbmc/lib/libPython/xbmcmodule/xbmcmodule.cpp    (working copy)
@@ -964,6 +964,7 @@
     PyModule_AddIntConstant(pXbmcModule, (char*)"PLAYER_CORE_DVDPLAYER", EPC_DVDPLAYER);
     PyModule_AddIntConstant(pXbmcModule, (char*)"PLAYER_CORE_MPLAYER", EPC_MPLAYER);
     PyModule_AddIntConstant(pXbmcModule, (char*)"PLAYER_CORE_PAPLAYER", EPC_PAPLAYER);
+    PyModule_AddIntConstant(pXbmcModule, (char*)"PLAYER_CORE_EXTPLAYER", EPC_EXTPLAYER);

// dvd state constants
     PyModule_AddIntConstant(pXbmcModule, (char*)"TRAY_OPEN", TRAY_OPEN);

- zag - 2009-07-16

moby-uk Wrote:I'm guessing you have <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc> ?
My recent builds feature a slight extension to XBMC's frame-limiter that wasn't getting disengaged until after XBMC had been re-shown.

Try this build 21706 in here which should come back in about a second, but, to be honest I'm hoping you shouldn't need to use <hidexbmc/> so try it without and it should come back even quicker.

Also in there is better handling of batch files including automatically hiding the console (unless you override this with <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>).

Thanks works perfect. Much faster to restore now.

- mark007 - 2009-07-16

Hi guys,

I am using build 21714 and have just transferred my settings from advancedsettings.xml to the new xml file thats needed.

I start mpc-hc from a .bat file which does some other stuff. I can't however get mpc-hc to start on top of xbmc. I can hear it playing in the background, but xbmc always steals the shows and stays above it. It worked in the past with this line in my bat file.

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC\mplayerc.exe" %1 "/play" "/close" "/fullscreen" "/fixedsize" "1920,1080"

I have tried all of xbmc's xml settings like hidexbmc... but none of these work for me. This is turning out to be a nightmare. I could go down the route of killing the xbmc process with my .bat file... but its not a very nice way of doing things.

Any of you got mpc-hc going on top of the latest xbmc, using a .bat file.

Aswell as this, earlier builds, the hide cursor used to move the mouse cursor to the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This doesn't happen now. If this is brought back, it would be great to be able to choose where its put, because bottom right of the screen does two things for me, shows the Windows 7 Desktop... and when mpc-hc starts, it shows the fullscreen GUI (activated when mouse moves to bottom of screen).

Getting player on top is most important though.

- zag - 2009-07-16

why not just use the command line? I run zoomplayer with lots of options after the executable.

- mark007 - 2009-07-16

What do you mean, why not use the command line....

I am using XBMC -> bat file as external player -> adds reg settings based on file (pal speed down or not, and de-interlacing for content or not) and starts mpc-hc then using

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC\mplayerc.exe" %1 "/play" "/close" "/fullscreen" "/fixedsize" "1920,1080"

- der.supertusse - 2009-07-16

Hello

I've got XBMC set up properly to play videos with Zoom Player. However, all my video files are in RAR'ed format, so I installed the RARFileSource directshow plugin to enable Zoom Player to play without unrar'ing, like XBMC.

My problem now is this: How do I get XBMC to pass the .rar file to the external player? I've added .rar as a valid video filetype extension, and disabled transparent RAR archives. Though still, when I navigate to the rar-file I want to send to zoom player, it doesn't work.

- Selecting the rar file will only open it for browsing (showing the .avi inside) in the xbmc browser, and selecting this file will fire up zoom player, which will obviously fail
- Right clicking on the rar file and selecting play gives the same error

Here's an example error message trying to play the rar-file. It is the same message I get when trying to play the .avi inside the .rar (I'm accessing a network share via drive letter Y: instead of using XBMC's samba client, as the resulting filenames passed to Zoom Player didn't work):

Unable to play [//y%3a%5cVideo%5cIncoming%5cTV%5cDark%2eBlue%2eS01E01%2eHDTV%2eXviD%2dSYS%5cdark%2eblue%2e101%2ehdtv%2exvid%2dsys%2erar/dark.blue.101.hdtv.xvid-sys.avi]
This may be due to a corrupt file, missing filters, filter conflicts, or hardware rel...

Here's hoping someone knows how to pass the .rar file to the external player, or can add the capability to XBMC.

Supertusse.

- Silverxxx - 2009-07-17

mark007 Wrote:Hi guys,

I have tried all of xbmc's xml settings like hidexbmc... but none of these work for me. This is turning out to be a nightmare. I could go down the route of killing the xbmc process with my .bat file... but its not a very nice way of doing things.

Have you tried always on top in mpc?

- mark007 - 2009-07-17

Will try it again, but a few months ago it seemed to make no difference. Its like because xbmc is an open gl window... it must get preference over normal "window on top"... Will come back with feedback on this.

- moby-uk - 2009-07-17

mark007 Wrote:Will try it again, but a few months ago it seemed to make no difference. Its like because xbmc is an open gl window... it must get preference over normal "window on top"... Will come back with feedback on this.

Have you tried my build from a couple of posts back? There's changes in there are I haven't submitted to trac to go in the SVN builds yet (because I don't have SVN-write access I'm trying to avoid submitting lots of little changes until I get something that I think works for most people).

- mark007 - 2009-07-17

Wow I will try it when home from Work. Thanks alot, would be fantastic to get a smooth external player experience. At the moment this isn't the case for alot of people. Cheers for that.

DAMN: Installing this build removed my library, telling it to scan for new content still leaves me with a movies dir that says theres nothing there..... didn't expect that lol

- pcjco - 2009-07-18

moby-uk, can you have a look at the modification I proposed in #633. And if you think it's useful for using externalplayer from python, could you insert it in your trac system.

Thanks.

- dexx - 2009-07-19

Can xbmc be set to run an external player just for certain file types (eg MKV)? Even if its just by file extension, this would be useful.

- rflores2323 - 2009-07-19

dexx Wrote:Can xbmc be set to run an external player just for certain file types (eg MKV)? Even if its just by file extension, this would be useful.

yes this is the whole point for the coreplayerfactory.xml. read the wiki to find our more info.