Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

- tvont - 2009-07-25

moby-uk Wrote:Another new build (21816) in here.

In this build, if the launched application ends within a couple of seconds, but without error, it's assumed to be a launcher process and XBMC will not continue until you manually dismiss the dialog. You can force this by adding <islauncher>true</islauncher> inside the <player/> element and disable it by adding <islauncher>false</islauncher>

Also new, a <warpcursor/> option, which can have the values
  • topleft
  • topright
  • bottomright
  • bottomleft
  • center
Add it in inside the <player/> element, e.g. <warpcursor>topright</warpcursor>

<hidecursor>true</hidecursor> is deprecated but equivalent to <warpcursor>bottomright</warpcursor>

Is this win32 only? Would be really cool if we can use this also in Linux / OSX builds

- CBers - 2009-07-28

moby-uk Wrote:Another new build (21816) in here.

Possible stupid question, but does your (or any other) build just install the updated executables, or does it do a complete install so that I would have to re-create the library again ??

Want to use the latest external_player offering so would like to use your release.

TIA.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-07-28

CBers Wrote:Possible stupid question, but does your (or any other) build just install the updated executables, or does it do a complete install so that I would have to re-create the library again ??

Want to use the latest external_player offering so would like to use your release.

TIA.

XBMC allows you to import and export your library so no need to do it again

- ashlar - 2009-07-28

CBers Wrote:Possible stupid question, but does your (or any other) build just install the updated executables, or does it do a complete install so that I would have to re-create the library again ??

You install over the existing installation and don't lose anything, unless the library structure has changed (it happened once but it's not your case unless you are on a really old version).

- CBers - 2009-07-28

ashlar Wrote:You install over the existing installation and don't lose anything, unless the library structure has changed (it happened once but it's not your case unless you are on a really old version).

Thanks ashlar, downloading it now !!

- CBers - 2009-07-28

Installed moby-uk's new build (21816).

All works fine apart from external player.

Not saying it's XBMC, probabbly me, but can't get it to even start the mplayerc.exe (well, it doesn't show in Task Manager).

Do I still need an advancedsettings.xml file ?? If so, what needs to be in it ??

LOGFILE:

Quote:20:35:46 T:2876 M:2449494016 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: "C:\Program Files\MPCHC\mplayerc.exe"
20:35:46 T:2876 M:2449494016 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (¸”â)
20:35:46 T:2876 M:2449489920 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: C:\HDMovies\FILMNAME.720p.mkv
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449489920 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : "C:\Program Files\MPCHC\mplayerc.exe"
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449489920 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : C:\HDMovies\FILMNAME.720p.mkv
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449489920 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Content:
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449489920 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Args : /play /fullscreen /close
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449489920 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Start
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449489920 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Releasing audio device 2
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449522688 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32: "C:\Program Files\MPCHC\mplayerc.exe" ""C:\Program Files\MPCHC\mplayerc.exe"" /play /fullscreen /close "C:\HDMovies\FILMNAME.720p.mkv"
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449530880 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::ExecuteAppW32 - Failure: 123
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449530880 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Stop
20:35:46 T:5404 M:2449530880 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: reclaiming audio device 2

playercorefactory.xml

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPCHC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="true" video="true">
<filename>"C:\Program Files\MPCHC\mplayerc.exe"</filename>
<args>/play /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>
</playercorefactory>

If I run "C:\Program Files\MPCHC\mplayerc.exe" ""C:\Program Files\MPCHC\mplayerc.exe"" /play /fullscreen /close "C:\HDMovies\FILMNAME.720p.mkv" from command line (CMD), MPCHC opens fullscreen and plays the file no problems, so what am I doing wrong please ??

Now, the location of mplayerc.exe is in C:\Program Files which includes a space.

Are spaces permitted in a) advanced settings and b) the name of media file ??

TIA

UPDATE: Re-created the playercorefactory.xml file from the wiki and it now works !!

- aneurysm- - 2009-07-30

Can someone help me with my SMB problem ? SMB works fine with the built-in player, but I can't seem to get media player classic HC to work with the SMB files (local files work flawlessy). It's a SMB share I have running with login and password; here extract from the log when trying to open the file, MPC opens and tells me "can't render the file".

16:05:07 T:5464 M:1834250240 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Filename: C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe
16:05:07 T:5464 M:1834250240 NOTICE: ExternalPlayer Tweaks: hideconsole (false), hidexbmc (false), islauncher (false), warpcursor (¸”â)
16:05:07 T:5464 M:1834250240 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer::OpenFile: smb://user:user00@main/Videoclips/file 01.avi
16:05:07 T:5208 M:1834250240 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: Player : C:\Program Files\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mplayerc.exe
16:05:07 T:5208 M:1834237952 NOTICE: CExternalPlayer:Tonguerocess: File : \\user:user00@main\Videoclips\file 01.avi

- CBers - 2009-07-30

I'm streaming my files from another PC, so it should work fine.

I just had HD movies stored locally.

How are you adding the movies ??

I use MPCHC for all of my movies now.

- aneurysm- - 2009-07-30

what do you mean adding ?
I just have my directories loaded into sources
for instance :

<source>
<name>Videoclips</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://user:user00@main/Videoclips/</path>
</source>

works perfectly in xbmc
but as I said, when I want to play with mpc hc, I get "can't render file"
so it's probably not getting the smb info through right.

- CBers - 2009-07-30

Perhaps you're celverer than me, but I use the ADD SOURCE option from the video menu to add my networked folders.

Then, when I bring up the contect menu, I selected play using... MPCHC.

I haven't even looked at the sources.xml file - I'm a GUI type of guy Wink

Having said that, now that I look, my sources.xml file contains entries like:

Quote: <source>
<name>New Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://PC_NAME/JDrive/Video/0.1. New Movies/</path>
</source>

- aneurysm- - 2009-07-30

the difference with your setup, is that your shares on your PC don't require login & password. So I guess it has something to do with that.
I would like to keep my option, because otherwise my shares are open to everyone Smile

ok .. so I did a test. Made a share on my PC without needing login & pwd & then it works nicely.
So why isn't it working when login & pwd are there ?

- CBers - 2009-07-30

aneurysm- Wrote:the difference with your setup, is that your shares on your PC don't require login & password. So I guess it has something to do with that.
I would like to keep my option, because otherwise my shares are open to everyone Smile

Everyone ?? Like who ??

Is your network open to everyone as well ??

XBMC plays all files in directory - gasjack - 2009-07-30

Hi there.

I have a problem when using MPC as external player with music videos.
If I play a file in a directory that contains multiple files, and then close MPC at some point, it will immediately pop up again playing the next file in the directory.
This is annoying if I am playing a music video from a directory with say a 100 videos. I will then have to kill the xbmc process to stop it.

Is there some setting in XBMC that I can use to only play one file at a time. Or some other fix? Is anyone else having this problem.

Appart from this I am loving XBMC. Great job guys!

Using Windows 9.04 repack 2 build. And MPC HC edition.

- aneurysm- - 2009-07-31

CBers Wrote:Everyone ?? Like who ??

Is your network open to everyone as well ??

Well no .. but the shares are on my main PC connected to the net.
so technically speaking, if someone breaks in .. they have access to the share. That I'd like to avoid.
Only reason I need to use MPC right now is for some 1080p movies which xbmc can't handle properly (although only the ones that are 1920*1080 screen, the ones that are 1920*800 play fine without stutters).
but for now I'll just make a seperate folder with the 1080p stuff in it

- calibra3 - 2009-08-01

hello I am Henry from Spain.
I am a newbee with the XBMC and I have a little problem.

I am setting the xbmc to play the movies with the external player MPC-HC, using the XBMC version of moby-uk.
I get it !! but the little problem is that , for run the movie with MPC I have to use the context menu and select it, beucase the default player is the native of xbmc.

Can any tell me If I can modify the playercorefactory.xml for do the MPC or another player that I select as DEFAULT PLAYER?? If I can do it, what line I have to add to playercorefactory.xml??

another dudes, is how can I shutdown teh MPC player when I watch a movie. because If I press ESC button, I do the MPC in a window.
are there any manual with the buttons to use the external players??

Please sorry for my bad english.