Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - hentai23 - 2013-01-20

nah , i wouldnt say so its like saying id go and ask mpchc devs how to get mpchc to start into fullscreen when selecting a video in xbmc , you know what theyd say, how in hell should we know , xbmc isnt our turf , hope this gives abit of insight , hence why this thread even exists in the first place

hell people here started out with resolving the external player mpchc fullscreen issue with autoit scripts , i was hoping xbmc forums still had a couple knowledgeable coding members around like back in the days where this thread got started

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluray - 2013-01-20

(2013-01-17, 08:35)hentai23 Wrote: launch into fullscreen
I don't think that there are many users in here use PotPlayer. MPC-HC is the favorite external player in here.....

The best solution might be to set PotPlayer playback to launch movie in fullscreen in preference as shown below-

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - hentai23 - 2013-01-20

that i knew about , what i was aiming for was a code to have xbmc launch videos into fullscreen but only while in xbmc not for all videos wich this setting does -.-'

btw potplayer is better all around , more features, filters assignable per extension etc,custom skinning engine,swf support, you name it it got it , mpchc or mpchc be cant quite hold its ground against it sorry, this coming from a long time past mpchc user

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Dj_Jelak - 2013-01-25

Hello from Croatia. I have a question and hope ill get answer. First of all i want to say, great forum, great community, and great people.
My question is, is there any way to change xbmc player to media player classic default player? I found the way here in the forum, with playercorefactory.xml code, but then there is not the resume option. Player is opening in new window and not the same as original xbmc player. So my question is can media player replace default player with all options of xbmc player? Resume movie, play from begining, and so on. Thanx for answer.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - steelman1991 - 2013-01-25

(2013-01-25, 07:15)Dj_Jelak Wrote: Hello from Croatia. I have a question and hope ill get answer. First of all i want to say, great forum, great community, and great people.
My question is, is there any way to change xbmc player to media player classic default player? I found the way here in the forum, with playercorefactory.xml code, but then there is not the resume option. Player is opening in new window and not the same as original xbmc player. So my question is can media player replace default player with all options of xbmc player? Resume movie, play from begining, and so on. Thanx for answer.

Welcome

No - resume function as it works natively in xbmc is lost, though you can set mpc-hc to remember the last position played (View\Options\Player\History\ Remember File Position). With this checked though you cannot watch a previously partially watched movie from the beginning, it always automatically starts from the last viewed part.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - abba77 - 2013-01-25

hentai23, it really isnt an xbmc issue. You have to check what command line parameters are available for PotPlayerMini.exe.

Open CMD
Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\PotPlayer\
Type PotPlayerMini.exe /?

You might see available parameters to use. In my care, there was actually a readme file for BSPlayer showing how to run things command line.
Once you know what the parameter for fullscreen is, try launching a video thought command line. If it works, that what you have to use in xbmc.
XBMC {fullscreen} parameter may not work for all players.
With BSPlayer, i had a different issue. the video filename would have to come after the arguements as opposed to before, or vice versa.

bottom line, try to figure it out with command line, then use those values in xbmc settings.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - acejh1987 - 2013-01-25

This is what is shown in the CmdLine.txt (In the Potplayer Program files folder)

Command line options: PotPlayer[Mini].Exe "filename" [options]

/filedlg :Open file dialog
/urldlg :Open url dialog
/folderdlg :Open folder dialog
/simple :Open file navigator
/cap :Screen capture
/cam :Camera or other devices
/atv[:ch] :Analog TV
/dtv[:ch] Big Grinigital TV
/dvd Big GrinVD main unit
/cd[:drive] :Open CD drive
/add :Add to playlist
/autoplay Tonguelay automatically
config=preset name :Select the given preset

Those are the only command line options that I could find, I think they are just expecting that you just set the player to open in fullscreen from the options.
Not sure if Potplayer have a support forum, that would be the best way to ask what the fullscreen command line parameter is.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - abba77 - 2013-01-26

yeah looks like there is no command for full screen.
maybe you can save a config that has the fullscreen enabled on launch, save it and switch back to not open fullscreen

then in the externalplayer arguements, launch with that saved config.

not knowing or having potplayer, im just shooting in the dark trying to give ideas to try. dont know what presets you can save and use through the config file. i am assuming its all the options setting.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - abba77 - 2013-01-26

i downloaded it to try to figure it out.
looks like preset wont work. its only to pick from default preset, dxva or quicksync. it didnt do anything for fullscreen as far as i could see and try.

you may want to write/request to them adding a command line option for fullscreen.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - hentai23 - 2013-01-28

damn it , thanks for trying guys ,btw since im not korean its difficult to setup a fullscreen cmd request , lols

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - THX-UltraII - 2013-02-02

I cannot make BDMV (bluray) structure folder work with official Frodo. Is it correct that this does not work?

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluray - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 04:44)THX-UltraII Wrote: I cannot make BDMV (bluray) structure folder work with official Frodo. Is it correct that this does not work?
You can grab playercorefactory from my post #1610......

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - THX-UltraII - 2013-02-02

(2013-02-02, 05:54)bluray Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 04:44)THX-UltraII Wrote: I cannot make BDMV (bluray) structure folder work with official Frodo. Is it correct that this does not work?

Thanks. And will .m2ts and .mov file playback with external player also work with you script?

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - bluray - 2013-02-03

(2013-02-02, 23:21)THX-UltraII Wrote:
(2013-02-02, 05:54)bluray Wrote:

Thanks. And will .m2ts and .mov file playback with external player also work with you script?
m2ts is included in the rule, and you can simply add mov within the same rule. Give the code a try. If you encounter issue, you can ask question in there.....

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - vmstek - 2013-02-06

I am trying to get MPC-HC, as an external player to play only video files, and use the default XBMC audio player (is it paplayer Huh) for music and internet streaming.
The videos are playing fine, but when I launch a music file from the XBMC menu, it also uses MPC-HC.
I have been through the Wiki, and many forum posts but with no success so far, so I could use some help.

My latest roaming/XBMC//userdata/playercorefactory.xml file is as follows.

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="MPCHC_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
        <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC.1.6.4.6052.x86\MPC-HC.1.6.4.6052.x86\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
        <args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
        <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
        <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
        <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>  
        </player>
    </players>

<rules action="prepend">
        <rule filename=".*mkv.*" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
        <rule filename=".*avi.*" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
        <rule filename=".*mp4.*" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
        <rule filename=".*ts.*" player="MPCHC_Player"/>
        <rule filename=".*m2ts.*" player="MPCHC_Player"/>