Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - buzzlight - 2013-03-12

Hi folks,

I'm getting PowerDVD12 to work in Frodo as an external player for blu-ray folders - but I use PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe as the external executable. It seems to link to the movie folder path + \index.bdmv just fine. Once the external player is launched, all I need to do is click on resume or restart in PDVD. I don't need a batch file to get it done. I wish I could get it to autoplay the file but so far that doesn't work - still, at least I don't need to navigate to the folder ...

If you haven't seen it, this thread might help:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23102.page

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - buzzlight - 2013-03-13

Whoops!

Turns out PowerDVD12 isn't functioning well as an external player after all ... even with the settings suggested in the cyberlink forum that I referenced in my last post. In my case, the software was just remembering the last blu-ray folder it had opened ... so when the player was spawned from xbmc, it looked like it had found the right movie. But when I tried to then play a blu-ray folder for a TV show, PowerDVD played the previous movie. So somehow the path/folder name isn't being recognized when xbmc launches PDVD as an external player.

I think I've isolated the problem to PDVD and not XBMC. I tried the command line options in a command window for PDVD and it did not work either (using the same syntax as specified in http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23102.page). In following up on some additional threads on the cyberlink forum, it's clear the command line options in PDVD are not officially supported ... so who knows if they work consistently. XBMC is probably passing the right arguments but PDVD isn't acting on them. While PDVD runs as an external player, it doesn't point to the movie you've selected.

I gather ripping to BDMV folders isn't popular, but like a few other people I like to maintain the full features and menu structure. XBMC will play some of these with the native player but full menu support is shaky at best. Sure would be nice to see this feature completed/upgraded in XBMC.

Has anyone tried ArcSoft TMT as an external player? They have what looks like a complete list of supported command line options displayed prominently on their website ... which makes me think it could work well with XBMC.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - acejh1987 - 2013-03-13

(2013-03-13, 17:10)buzzlight Wrote: Has anyone tried ArcSoft TMT as an external player? They have what looks like a complete list of supported command line options displayed prominently on their website ... which makes me think it could work well with XBMC.

TMT works perfectly as an external player with ISO and BD Folders.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - buzzlight - 2013-03-14

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the TMT trial. What are the external player settings to get it to play the selected BD folder? When I pass "(1}" in the args TMT launches ok but it doesn't point to the right BD folder. I suspect this is because it's being pointed to the index.bdmv file by XBMC but I'm not sure.

When running TMT outside of XBMC, I am able to play a BD folder just fine, so I know it works ...

Thanks for any advice. If this works it will be great, but also a bummer since I would need to plunk down another $99 to buy the software after already spending money on PDVD .... !

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - acejh1987 - 2013-03-14

(2013-03-14, 05:34)buzzlight Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the TMT trial. What are the external player settings to get it to play the selected BD folder? When I pass "(1}" in the args TMT launches ok but it doesn't point to the right BD folder. I suspect this is because it's being pointed to the index.bdmv file by XBMC but I'm not sure.

When running TMT outside of XBMC, I am able to play a BD folder just fine, so I know it works ...

Thanks for any advice. If this works it will be great, but also a bummer since I would need to plunk down another $99 to buy the software after already spending money on PDVD .... !

Take a look at the settings in this post
Change the paths and drive letters to match your system and everything should work.

Also if you do decide to buy TMT use coupon code softpedia30 at checkout it will bring the price to $69.99.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - warsoul - 2013-03-14

Hello All!

I'm new to XBMC and have a lot to learn about it. The main thing I need to figure out is how to get my external player to play my backed up TV Shows in ISO and BDMV Format. I've tried a couple of playcorefactory.xml setups and and PlayISO files with no luck whatsoever. Only the internal player for XBMC plays not allowing me to view menus and extras on my TV Shows.

I am using a bundled software version of Cyberlink Media Suite 8 for Blu-Ray that includes PowerDVD 10.

I have things a little spread out because I don't want to use up all the Space on my SSD boot drive.

I do have XBMC saved on the C: drive

PowerDVD 10 is located on my F: drive

Virtual Clone Drive is located on my F: drive

All of my ISO's and BDMV folders are located on my I: drive

playcorefactory file

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\christophers\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\christophers\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>F:\PowerDVD\PowerDVD10\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO File

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"F:\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"F:\PowerDVD\PowerDVD10\PDVDLauncherPolicy.exe" J:
"F:\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"F:\PowerDVD\PowerDVD10\PDVDLauncherPolicy.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"F:\PowerDVD\PowerDVD10\PDVDLauncherPolicy.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

I'm not great with this stuff. So if anyone could please help me out I would appreciate it very much.

Windows 7 64
Intel i7-2600K
8GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
Asus P8P67 Deluxe MB

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - acejh1987 - 2013-03-14

warsoul - What happens if you bring up the context menu (Press 'C' on keyboard) and go to "Play Using' and select the ISO_BDMV Player manually?

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - warsoul - 2013-03-14

It opens up Powerdvd 10 but Powerdvd 10 is telling me "No Disc in Drive L"

L is where my Virtual Clone Drive is Located.

So it launches now... but the ISO/BDMV Files are not loading automatically....Huh

i acutally uninstall everything and reinstalled it onto my C: Drive so the above playercorefactory file and PlayISO are wrong now.

playercorefactory file

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\christophers\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayDisc.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Disc_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\Christophers\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
<player name="Universal_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>

</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>

<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO File

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe

Set file=%1

Set file=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" L:
:open
tasklist /fi "imagename eq Powerdvd10.exe" | find /L "Powerdvd10.exe"> NUL
if /L %errorlevel% EQU 0 goto open
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

also when Powerdvd 10 Fails to play and I "X" it out. I am not automatically brought back into XBMC

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - warsoul - 2013-03-15

::Sigh:: it's crazy! I've tried all kinds of different playercorefactory files ... PlayISO files... mix and match from other postings on the fourm to no avail. The furthest I can get is Powerdvd10 Launches... But informs me of no "Disc" in the LBig Grinrive.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - buzzlight - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-14, 11:10)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-03-14, 05:34)buzzlight Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the TMT trial. What are the external player settings to get it to play the selected BD folder? When I pass "(1}" in the args TMT launches ok but it doesn't point to the right BD folder. I suspect this is because it's being pointed to the index.bdmv file by XBMC but I'm not sure.

Take a look at the settings in this post
Change the paths and drive letters to match your system and everything should work.

Also if you do decide to buy TMT use coupon code softpedia30 at checkout it will bring the price to $69.99.

Thanks - worked like a charm on the first try. I tried something similar with PDVD but no luck - that program just doesn't like command line options, no matter what their forum says.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - acejh1987 - 2013-03-15

(2013-03-15, 00:30)warsoul Wrote: ::Sigh:: it's crazy! I've tried all kinds of different playercorefactory files ... PlayISO files... mix and match from other postings on the fourm to no avail. The furthest I can get is Powerdvd10 Launches... But informs me of no "Disc" in the LBig Grinrive.

I don't have PowerDVD 10 for testing but try the following PlayISO.bat

Set file=%1

Set file=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" L:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit

Edit - I just noticed in your latest playercorefactory.xml you have PlayDisc.bat instead of PlayISO.bat for ISO_BDMV_Player, so change it to -

<filename>C:\Users\christophers\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - buzzlight - 2013-03-15

Hi folks

I tried the exact same lines under the playbdmv section above with PowerDVD12, and no luck. It spawns the external player but doesn't point to the right BD folder - it either shows the last BD folder played or defaults to the optical drive (with nothing in it). I tried the same directly from the command window - using quotes around paths that contain spaces, and even tried the abbreviated path (~) and no luck either.

This same code works well on TMT - so I know I don't have an issue anywhere else. Maybe this has a chance of working in PDVD10 but so far nothing seems to work for PDVD12.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - acejh1987 - 2013-03-15

It should work for PowerDVD 10 for ISO files, I asusme that is what warsoul is trying to play.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - trytony - 2013-03-20

Is there a similar thread that i cant find for Android devices? most of the streaming links work fine but i recently installed the canada on demand and while it seems to have installed correctly, i cant get any streams to play. It keeps saying that an external player is active but nothing plays on the MX player. I am hoping to edit the playercorefactory.xml to make VLC media player work or some other one that will actually play the canadian on demand content. I have learned how to change the default media player etc.. but adding VLC would require that i know where the vlc file is stored on my android device and i have no idea how to find that out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Soujirou Seta - 2013-04-10

Good Night, please, somebody use TotalMedia Theatre 6 to play only BD-R/DVD-R and M2TS?

I need the playercorefactory with this arguments.

Thanks to all help

(sorry for terrible English)