Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43511)

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - rmilyard - 2014-03-30

Still haven't been able to get this working.

If anyone is around to help that would be great! I have a busy week at work and was hoping to get this running for the family.

I would like to have all my BD and 3d BD .iso movies play via TotalMedia Theater 6.6 or PowerDVD so I have full menus and 3d support.
I just built our home theater and would like to start using it with xbmc. We have 100" screen with Epson 3D 2030 projected all connected via my Pioneer SC-1522-k AVR setup with 9.2 surround. So would like pass though sound to the AVR.

I don't care what version of xbmc. I am open to the beta if works better/easier etc.

If anyone can help me out that would be great!

MPC-HC audio problems - Clonimus74 - 2014-04-04

Hi,

I have configured MPC-HC as an external player but many times I have no sound.
If I minimize XBMC and open MPC-HC on its own there's sound, then I close it and go back to XBMC, run a movie and then I have sound in MPC, but it will last for only one video file, on the next one I have no sound again.

I tried cancelling the GUI sounds but it didn't help.
I tried cancelling in windows the ability for application to take exclusive control but then I had no audion in XBMC and not in MPC.
I ended up canceling the priority to application with exclusive mode but I don't think it helped.
I canceled the streamsilence option in advancedsettings.xml (I used it in an effort to make XBMC keep outputing sound when I turn off the TV)

here is a debug log file
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=163857

in the above instance I played 3-4 files successfully and then several files that had no sound. I figured i have no sound if the audio is 5.1 (not sure if it is consistent)

I tried every audio renderer in MPC-HC and non worked.

here is my advancedsettings

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        <subsdelayrange>10</subsdelayrange>  <!-- Delay range for subtitles, in seconds. -->
        <audiodelayrange>10</audiodelayrange>  <!-- Delay range for audio/video sync, in seconds. -->
        <timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
        <timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
        <timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
        <timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
        <defaultplayer>extplayer</defaultplayer> <!-- Set the default video player: dvdplayer or extplayer. -->
        <excludefromscan> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be added to library. -->
            <regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
        </excludefromlisting>
    </video>

<audio>
        <!-- Default audio player: paplayer or dvdplayer -->
        <defaultplayer>paplayer</defaultplayer>
        <!-- Windows-specific - will not use Wasapi API 0 = false, 1 = true -->
        <forceDirectSound>0</forceDirectSound>
        <!-- forces playback of original format, will not down/upmix next song to match current, not compatible with cross-fading 0 = false, 1 = true -->
        <audiophile>1</audiophile>
        <!-- Windows-specific, buffer time in msec, hard minimum of 50msec -->
        <audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>80</audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>
        <!-- Forces original AE behaviour where an audio signal is constantly streamed to the audio device, even if silent.
     If 1 or true, this prevents some receivers from losing the signal/source, and prevents sinks re-opening and possible receiver switching with each
     new stream after any silence. If 0 or false, enables Eden-style releasing of the audio device so external players, programs and the system can
     access the audio device, i.e. prevents XBMC from hogging the audio device. -->
        <streamsilence>0</streamsilence>
    </audio>
</advancedsettings>

and here is my playercorefactory

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        <player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
            <filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-HC\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
            <args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
            <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
            <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
            <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
        <rule video="true" player="MPC-HC"/>
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Any ideas?
Thank you

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - SirJohnDoe - 2014-04-09

It seems like this topic can be closed, nobody bothers to answer anyway.... thanks xbmc forum....

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - THX-UltraII - 2014-04-09

This topic is pretty dead. Mods close please.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Kib - 2014-04-09

Just stop reviving an old topic instead

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - incognegro76 - 2014-04-20

(2014-04-04, 20:55)Clonimus74 Wrote: Hi,

If I minimize XBMC and open MPC-HC on its own there's sound, then I close it and go back to XBMC, run a movie and then I have sound in MPC, but it will last for only one video file, on the next one I have no sound again.

I tried cancelling in windows the ability for application to take exclusive control but then I had no audion in XBMC and not in MPC.
I ended up canceling the priority to application with exclusive mode but I don't think it helped.
I canceled the streamsilence option in advancedsettings.xml (I used it in an effort to make XBMC keep outputing sound when I turn off the TV)

here is a debug log file

in the above instance I played 3-4 files successfully and then several files that had no sound. I figured i have no sound if the audio is 5.1 (not sure if it is consistent)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        <subsdelayrange>10</subsdelayrange>  <!-- Delay range for subtitles, in seconds. -->
        <audiodelayrange>10</audiodelayrange>  <!-- Delay range for audio/video sync, in seconds. -->
        <timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to 30. -->
        <timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward>  <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek.  Defaults to -30. -->
        <timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
        <timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig>  <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek.  Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
        <defaultplayer>extplayer</defaultplayer> <!-- Set the default video player: dvdplayer or extplayer. -->
        <excludefromscan> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be added to library. -->
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
        </excludefromlisting>
    </video>

<audio>
        <!-- forces playback of original format, will not down/upmix next song to match current, not compatible with cross-fading 0 = false, 1 = true -->
        <!-- Forces original AE behaviour where an audio signal is constantly streamed to the audio device, even if silent.
     If 1 or true, this prevents some receivers from losing the signal/source, and prevents sinks re-opening and possible receiver switching with each
     new stream after any silence. If 0 or false, enables Eden-style releasing of the audio device so external players, programs and the system can
    </audio>
</advancedsettings>

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Any ideas?
Thank you

Have you tried setting the ForceDirectSound flag to "True"?

I don't use the Windows version but you could verify the commands for MPC_HC via the command line by "cd" into the MPC-HC directory and typing "MPC-HC /help". It should pop up a window list with all the commands.

I'm using VLC with XBMCBuntu so mine is a little different. I had to customize the args passed to the instance of VLC to get the menus, sound and hotkeys to behave properly.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - smithjoe115 - 2014-04-23

I was hoping someone could help me with something? I want XBMC to use my external player (MX Player) instead of the XBMC's player .

I am using both the Frodo 12.4 and Gotham 13 Beta4 versions of XBMC (19th April Nightly build).

I created the file, when i play a film from (1channel Primeware or Mashup) it uses MX Player (the correct External Player), but if i try and play a live stream is states (External Player Active) "Click OK when playback has ended" (an example would be any stream from Expat TV, F.T.V, Navi-X, Mashup, Sports Devil, Nothing works other than films.

If someone could advise it would be great :-)

It does not seem to matter what I do I get the same results. I have cut down the file to the basics see below:-

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MXPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MXPlayerFree"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I have tried changing the hidexbmc to false and still no diffference.

I don't understand, if I go to 1channel, it plays a film using MX Player, then if I got to say klm05 sports links in Mashup, I get the message (External Player Active) "Click OK when playback has ended". But it does not startup MX Player.

I cannot be the only one that experiences this problem, I am sure everyone has had this problem and I hoping someone would share the answer please?

Thanks for your help.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - ctorbaoglu - 2014-04-29

Hi

I am trying to use playercodefactory to launch PowerDVD 14 as an external player to playing video files using Play Using... function.

With the code below I able to start PDVD 14 and play files. PDD 14 can not exit and return back to Xbmc when movie finishes or stopped using stop button

How can I make this?

Any help will be appreciated

The code below:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD14\Movie\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema.exe</filename>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>
<!-- Multiple files -->
<rule filetypes="m2ts|mkv|avi|ts" player="Universal_Player"/>
<!-- Bluray Disc -->
<rule filetypes="bd|ifo" player="Disc_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - rmilyard - 2014-06-08

Hey guys I am looking as to how to get BDMV movies to play. Right now when I try it is launching TotalMedia Theatre 6 and they don't play.

playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hideconsole>True</hideconsole>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO:
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" E:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 /u
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit
[/code]

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Osirus71 - 2014-06-17

(2014-04-04, 20:55)Clonimus74 Wrote: Hi,

here is a debug log file

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        </excludefromscan>
        </excludefromlisting>
    </video>

<audio>
    </audio>
</advancedsettings>

Code:
<playercorefactory>
    <players>
        </player>
    </players>
    <rules action="prepend">
    </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Any ideas?
Thank you

This is the code I use for Media Player Classic HC to play all videos through MPC HC....It works perfectly...Also, if you are going to use MPC HC as your external play instead of the internal one that come with XBMC, you should do all your sound configuring though MPC HC.....XBMC has NOTHING to do with the sound if you are using an external player to play your videos....FYI....Enjoy......

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<warpcursor>topleft</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>900</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
<rule filename=".*." player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Clonimus74 - 2014-06-17

(2014-06-17, 01:23)Osirus71 Wrote: This is the code I use for Media Player Classic HC to play all videos through MPC HC....It works perfectly...Also, if you are going to use MPC HC as your external play instead of the internal one that come with XBMC, you should do all your sound configuring though MPC HC.....XBMC has NOTHING to do with the sound if you are using an external player to play your videos....FYI....Enjoy......

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

thanks, that will help with the streaming issue I have :-)
but as of the sound, that doesn't help. MPC-HC is configured correctly.
check out this scenario:
I see a movie fine (using MPC as external), then I try playing another movie, there's no sound.
I close MPC, and re-open it myself (not via XBMC), play the movie, there's sound. I close it and open the movie via XBMC (which uses MPC of course) and there's sound (same movie of course)

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - rmilyard - 2014-06-17

(2014-06-08, 14:55)rmilyard Wrote: Hey guys I am looking as to how to get BDMV movies to play. Right now when I try it is launching TotalMedia Theatre 6 and they don't play.

playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\rmily_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO:
Set file=%1

Set file=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

set pth=%1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

exit
[/code]

Can someone help me fix this?

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - alexirion - 2014-06-20

Hi,
I configured XBMC to use PDVD as external player. Now, if I go to "Movies" and select one of the recently added movies (one of the five movies on top of the menu bar), it works and PDVD is started. But, when I select "Movies" and then select a movie from there the internal player is started. For using the external player I have to press "c" for the context menu, select "play with" and then chosse PDVD, albeit it is shown in the context menu as standard.
Is that the behaviour expected to be? Is there a way, that the external player will be started, when a movie is selected from "Movies" without going to the context menu?
--Alex

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - rmilyard - 2014-06-22

(2014-06-17, 18:23)rmilyard Wrote:
(2014-06-08, 14:55)rmilyard Wrote: Hey guys I am looking as to how to get BDMV movies to play. Right now when I try it is launching TotalMedia Theatre 6 and they don't play.

playercorefactory:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<args>"{1}"</args>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO -->
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->

</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PlayISO:
Set file=%1

Set file=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

set pth=%1

GOTO end

exit
[/code]

Can someone help me fix this?

I haven't been able to figure this out. I am not very good with understanding the code. If I remove the bdmv parts it seems to just to also play my .ISO files with the XBMC built in player.

RE: [WINDOWS] External Player Support Thread - Joontje - 2014-07-11

(2014-06-17, 08:14)Clonimus74 Wrote:
(2014-06-17, 01:23)Osirus71 Wrote: This is the code I use for Media Player Classic HC to play all videos through MPC HC....It works perfectly...Also, if you are going to use MPC HC as your external play instead of the internal one that come with XBMC, you should do all your sound configuring though MPC HC.....XBMC has NOTHING to do with the sound if you are using an external player to play your videos....FYI....Enjoy......

<playercorefactory>
<players>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

thanks, that will help with the streaming issue I have :-)
but as of the sound, that doesn't help. MPC-HC is configured correctly.
check out this scenario:
I see a movie fine (using MPC as external), then I try playing another movie, there's no sound.
I close MPC, and re-open it myself (not via XBMC), play the movie, there's sound. I close it and open the movie via XBMC (which uses MPC of course) and there's sound (same movie of course)
Sounds like an issue beyond the playercorefactory file, i think its due to XBMC taking exclusive control of your soundcard and thus mpc-hc not being able to use it.
For example, if you use WASAPI audio in XBMC settings, it will always take exclusive control over your soundcard, directsound should not do this but if it does you should uncheck 'allow programs to take exclusve control' in your device manager.

I hope this solves your issue.