Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-26

fekker Wrote:sweet!
- MIP will also generate <extraname>_preview.jpg .. loading those would be much faster. Size is on par with standard covers. and there's <extraname>_thumb.jpg (which is what is generated for MIP's display, height on thumbs is set to 122px, width varies to maintain the aspect ratio of the original item.)

Here's a pic of the bar I use to display them in MIP, fixed height thumbs are shown here.

That's awesome. That will make things run a lot smoother if it doesn't have to find, load, and then downscale every 1000+ pixel image. I think I've got the height at just over 150 in the working model. Maybe you can upscale the thumbs just a bit to compensate?

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-27

kizer Wrote:Well I know from experience it seems to work pretty good on the PC, but seems to act kinda funky on my Xbox. However its still in development. Wink

I need to test it more and actually provide some more bug tests so digitalhigh can look at them.

Yeah, you definitely need to let me know how it's acting funky so I can determine where the problems are coming from. Wink

Here are the TV logos. Can you think of any I'm missing?

- timdog82001 - 2009-02-27

how about cbs and mtv? maybe E! too. history channel might be good to have. not sure if you want news networks or not but i'm not seeing a cnn or msnbc up there either. also there are a bunch of branches of the discovery channel like the science channel and stuff, but discovery channel logo would probably be fine for all of them

now that i think about it, won't this just be based of info scraped from thetvdb? Seems like there should be a way to see all the different companies on their website. If not, I imagine they'd be willing to provide skinners with a list for things like this

- keeganl - 2009-02-27

MyNetwork (For the wrestling fans)
Versus(MMA)

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-27

timdog82001 Wrote:how about cbs and mtv? maybe E! too. history channel might be good to have. not sure if you want news networks or not but i'm not seeing a cnn or msnbc up there either. also there are a bunch of branches of the discovery channel like the science channel and stuff, but discovery channel logo would probably be fine for all of them

now that i think about it, won't this just be based of info scraped from thetvdb? Seems like there should be a way to see all the different companies on their website. If not, I imagine they'd be willing to provide skinners with a list for things like this

MTV is on there already. Wink

Added MSNBC, History Channel, CBS, and TV Tokyo for you Naruto Shippuden fans.

And yes, this is based on the TVDB scrapings. I've looked at the .nfo files for several of my shows to see how the names are formatted...figured I'd just make w/e people request and call it macaroni.

r - rwparris2 - 2009-02-28

FWIW I like the NBC beside spike better than the other one.

Sorry I haven't been testing lately, I'm really falling behind on my xbmc responsibilities....

- digitalhigh - 2009-02-28

rwparris2 Wrote:FWIW I like the NBC beside spike better than the other one.

Sorry I haven't been testing lately, I'm really falling behind on my xbmc responsibilities....

So do I. I just threw it in there because I had it made up already.

And don't worry about the testing. I haven't made any staggering changes lately, just tweaking stuff here and there. I've been procrastinating on doing the TV/music info stuff yet, and puttering with all these icons is the last thing I needed to do before I take a run at that stuff. So I'll PM you when there's something big I want you guys to check out. Big Grin

keeganl Wrote:MyNetwork (For the wrestling fans)
Versus(MMA)

Added both.

Edit: Also added Channel 4 UK, Space Channel, Animal Planet, "Syndicated", and BBC2. Wink

- XBMCG33K - 2009-02-28

Very cool man. Smile

- fekker - 2009-02-28

digitalhigh Wrote:That's awesome. That will make things run a lot smoother if it doesn't have to find, load, and then downscale every 1000+ pixel image. I think I've got the height at just over 150 in the working model. Maybe you can upscale the thumbs just a bit to compensate?

Thumb images are now set to 150, I wasn't sure if it would be too much in MIP, but it looks good, and at high resolutions 122 was pretty tiny.

There's alot more images available now, since tv shows needed a bunch more discs and front's. cd1 - cd15 .. front, back, inside, inlay, are set to 10.
front.jpg .. front2.jpg.. front3.jpg .. etc .. cd1.jpg, cd2.jpg, cd3.jpg, etc..
I don't think folks will use as many for Movies, but for tv shows they will..
music inlays, if split over multiple images, would be inlay.jpg, inlay2.jpg, inlay3.jpg, etc..

The .nfo's will have the same HD flagging will have full multiple stream support that CptBry has been working on as well.

fekker Wrote:Thumb images are now set to 150, I wasn't sure if it would be too much in MIP, but it looks good, and at high resolutions 122 was pretty tiny.

There's alot more images available now, since tv shows needed a bunch more discs and front's. cd1 - cd15 .. front, back, inside, inlay, are set to 10.
front.jpg .. front2.jpg.. front3.jpg .. etc .. cd1.jpg, cd2.jpg, cd3.jpg, etc..
I don't think folks will use as many for Movies, but for tv shows they will..
music inlays, if split over multiple images, would be inlay.jpg, inlay2.jpg, inlay3.jpg, etc..

The .nfo's will have the same HD flagging will have full multiple stream support that CptBry has been working on as well.

Can't wait to try it out. Big Grin

- theophile - 2009-02-28

Surely someone can fix that ??

theophile Wrote:Surely someone can fix that ??

I think so. My initial reaction was just one of those "Fu** me running!" kind of moments. Jmarshall's looking at it now.

This is kind of what the TV view has evolved into for me for the poster view. I'm wondering what everybody thinks about it.

The few variations of this I've been thinking about were to keep the TV shows list down on the left side as in the movie section. Otherwise, I could make the info part stretch all the way across the screen, maybe put fekker's DVD extra gfx over there.

Also, whenever they're available from the DB, I'll have the network/mpaa icons in the bottom portion of the info bar, as well as the flags for HD/Audio stuff.

I dunno. Maybe make the info as tall as the poster and keep the show list visible?

Edit: Second Idea...display either season posters at the bottom, or fekker's extra media stuff...

- paul - 2009-02-28

I think the first looks better in my opinion. looks very good

- theophile - 2009-03-02

I agree. Whatever leaves the most fanart visible gets my vote.