Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- ekim232 - 2009-03-22

Thanks for the info on it. I was affraid I was going to have to do that. Just a lot of cutting and pasting. I got a good set of icons now, but I think yours look a little better. I would like to try one out. Would you mind sharing your source for them?

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-23

ekim232 Wrote:Thanks for the info on it. I was affraid I was going to have to do that. Just a lot of cutting and pasting. I got a good set of icons now, but I think yours look a little better. I would like to try one out. Would you mind sharing your source for them?

My source? I made them all from scratch. But I have no problem with sharing them. Wink

Studios - There's only 25 here ATM...I still need to make a more complete set. Also, the sizes are varied. There's actually a very good chance I may start from scratch tomorrow and make them larger and all of a uniform size (so you can just put all the image controls in one group and move that group, instead of having to position each one seperately.)

Networks - And here is the prettier, more well though-out TV networks set. I learned from the movie logos and made everything the same size, and larger than necessary so that the quality is better.

So basically, I will probably re-do the movies set tomorrow, but feel free to play with these in the meanwhile.

- ekim232 - 2009-03-23

Thanks for those. They do look better in PM3.HD than the current ones I was using. The set I made had borders around them that didn't match the overall look the best.

How do you have the tv station ones implemented? There is no listitem property for tv station. I have been working on this and I just put the tv station in as the rating and used listitem for rating.

ekim232 Wrote:Thanks for those. They do look better in PM3.HD than the current ones I was using. The set I made had borders around them that didn't match the overall look the best.

How do you have the tv station ones implemented? There is no listitem property for tv station. I have been working on this and I just put the tv station in as the rating and used listitem for rating.

Dude...that's effing brilliant. I doubt the devs would be too crazy about it, but that is definitely a viable workaround. What I was saying is that I didn't have it implemented because the scrapers obviously don't use this information yet. So that right there is a pretty slick way getting around that.

Thanks for the idea. Wink

I'll have a better set of movie studios done tonight for you to use.

EDIT: Okay, so I may not get as much done today as I expected. I just got a call, gotta go do some real IT work...an hour from home...

- kizer - 2009-03-23

Wow, now that I have revamped my entire network at home I need to get back to testing. Wink

Looks really good digital, I'm glad you went away from the black and white genres. I personally like the colored ones much better.

kizer Wrote:Wow, now that I have revamped my entire network at home I need to get back to testing. Wink

Looks really good digital, I'm glad you went away from the black and white genres. I personally like the colored ones much better.

Me too. Big Grin

I'm working on fine-tuning all of the animations for the movie and TV info sections...should have an updated version on FTP in (hopefully) an hour or two. So...it's 4:20 here (heh), I'd say there should be a nice version to test up by 6.

- deano72 - 2009-03-23

Digital, do you think Serenity will run ok on an appletv?
cheers,
deano72

deano72 Wrote:Digital, do you think Serenity will run ok on an appletv?
cheers,
deano72

I believe that Keeganl, my gfx guy/partner on Serenity is running on an appleTV. Or...at least, a mac platform.

I honestly don't see any reason why it shouldn't work. The only thing that could be a problem is the "extra" DVD cover\CD scan pictures, those have to be "locally stored". I can access them over a network with no problems by using Windows drive mapping...so if appleTV has some kind of feature like this, you should be golden.

Regardless, that's one feature. Everything else should work just dandy.

- deano72 - 2009-03-23

Yep. Currently running Horizonz with locally mapped artwork on the appletv.
Looking forward to trying Serenity (any chance to be a testerHuh LOL).
Cheers,
Deano72

deano72 Wrote:Yep. Currently running Horizonz with locally mapped artwork on the appletv.
Looking forward to trying Serenity (any chance to be a testerHuh LOL).
Cheers,
Deano72

I've gotta see what Keegan's running...if he's not using an AppleTV, I may have a need for someone to test on that particular platform. Wink

Either way...you've only got two weeks, tops, to wait.

- deano72 - 2009-03-23

Nice one. If Keegan is not on an ATV, I will definitely like to help out. If he is....what is two weeks? LOL.
Cheers,
Dean

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-24

Okay, I need some opinions here.

This is what I currently have in place. There's still infolabels missing, but the general idea is title/year/description, but no episode thumbnail.

This is the concept I'm working on. It's obviously very rough, and the description will be justified like in the live picture, but this is the best display I've come up with that keeps the episode thumbnail in there:

So, the question is...live, or memorex? Who's terribly attached to the idea of having the episode thumbnail in the big info view?

Allright, testers. Updated version on FTP. Movies section should be in pristine condition...TV section still needs work...

Edit: Crap, it's still uploading. Give it 10 minutes or so...

- asphinx - 2009-03-24

The awesome expansion by digitalhigh, of my original Movie Genre Posters are now available through Fiinix Design as well. Also I updated my first post to reflect on this. Hope you (digitalhigh) don't mind that I used a screenshot from Serenity for the Preview.. Wink

asphinx Wrote:The awesome expansion by digitalhigh, of my original Movie Genre Posters are now available through Fiinix Design as well. Also I updated my first post to reflect on this. Hope you (digitalhigh) don't mind that I used a screenshot from Serenity for the Preview.. Wink

Very cool...but I look and I can't seem to find the download on finnix?