Kodi Community Forum
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Serenity (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=104)
+----- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=44469)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-29

Hey, sorry, I missed the bit in your other post about the info being missing still. If it displays in other skins...it should work in Serenity.

Here's a screenshot, what exactly is missing?

I also updated the media info section so that if it's a stacked file or a .rar, it will automatically show the director info stuff and not try to use extra media. Wink

That should be up on the FTP in about ten minutes.

- Hitcher - 2009-03-29

I take it this is not public yet?

Hitcher Wrote:I take it this is not public yet?

No, still in the testing phase. I hope to have it ready for public by my birthday...4/7/09.

- deano72 - 2009-03-29

Hi,
I am in work at the moment, I have edited your Apocalypto pic to show what I see.

- joebrady - 2009-03-29

digitalhigh Wrote:No, still in the testing phase. I hope to have it ready for public by my birthday...4/7/09.

The day after my son's birthday. He won't get much use out of the skin tho since he's only going to be 2.

Hitting up FTP now to play with the new stuff..

joebrady Wrote:The day after my son's birthday. He won't get much use out of the skin tho since he's only going to be 2.

Hitting up FTP now to play with the new stuff..

Your son and my father share the same birthday. Big Grin

Looking forward to sweet Serenity. - saangler - 2009-03-30

The Aeon Stark forum is abuzz with it's release today and I am sure that many are enjoying it on their home theater PC's. I myself and I am sure many others like me are patiently waiting for the release of this skin. I run a server at the back of the house and have 4 xbox 1's around the house to stream it's content via xbmc. I tinker with older skins like Mark III and others but am more than impressed with your work on Serenity. Thank you for thinking about the xbox 1 users in your skin design. Looking forward to using and enjoying 'Serenity' the skin, here in Oz.Nod

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-30

saangler Wrote:The Aeon Stark forum is abuzz with it's release today and I am sure that many are enjoying it on their home theater PC's. I myself and I am sure many others like me are patiently waiting for the release of this skin. I run a server at the back of the house and have 4 xbox 1's around the house to stream it's content via xbmc. I tinker with older skins like Mark III and others but am more than impressed with your work on Serenity. Thank you for thinking about the xbox 1 users in your skin design. Looking forward to using and enjoying 'Serenity' the skin, here in Oz.Nod

Is that today? LOL...it amazes me to think of how I felt towards Stark when i started this project versus how I feel about it now. I think dJh is an incredible skinner, but it was my sheer impatience at waiting for Stark in the first place that made me start Serenity. Now it's finally being released, and I'm not even considering downloading it. Hell...I was even offered to be a beta tester, and I declined because I didn't want there to be any unintentional emulation of that skin.

So, thanks a lot. I've got an errand to run this morning, then it's effing CRUNCH time. Hell, I might even try adding this guy yet today:

- Hitcher - 2009-03-30

digitalhigh Wrote:No, still in the testing phase. I hope to have it ready for public by my birthday...4/7/09.

Which format is that?

To me that's 4th July 2009 but I hope it's really 7th April 2009.

Hitcher Wrote:Which format is that?

To me that's 4th July 2009 but I hope it's really 7th April 2009.

US format, I.E., April 7. Wink

- Hitcher - 2009-03-30

Cool, I love trying out new skins.

- deano72 - 2009-03-30

Stark runs slow when all fanart active in appletv. I will be sticking with serenity. If not just for being able to talk to the über friendly digitalhigh.On a side note. Updated tonlarest svn of xbmc and the latest serenity off of FTP. Am noticing corruption on osd whilst playing any video. Instead of having current time and expected finish time I get all kinds of text like color ccaaabbaabbb etc. I will post a pic later. Also getting it in top right hand corner which normally shows runtime and elapsed

- sinarquia - 2009-03-30

I've seen Stark requires a quite new XBMC build. Will Serenity work with Atlantis? I'm on Linux and don't want to mess with SVN in the living room, wife and kids will kill me, if you know what I'm talking about!!!

Thanks

deano72 Wrote:Stark runs slow when all fanart active in appletv. I will be sticking with serenity. If not just for being able to talk to the über friendly digitalhigh.On a side note.

Tried it for a second this morning, wasn't too insane about it. I expected as much, considering I've got my own skin that I've hand-tailored to my likings. Stark looks breathtakingly wonderful and is very innovative, but I know which skin I'll be using.

Then again, I am a *tad* biased.

Quote:Updated tonlarest svn of xbmc and the latest serenity off of FTP. Am noticing corruption on osd whilst playing any video. Instead of having current time and expected finish time I get all kinds of text like color ccaaabbaabbb etc. I will post a pic later. Also getting it in top right hand corner which normally shows runtime and elapsed

I know what you're talking about. I saw the same thing in the last build I tried. I believe that the color stuff also shows up wonky in the movie descriptions.

The same build also has an issue where one of the imagexxx.dll files failed to load, causing posters and fanart to not work or be downloaded...

I'll check and see what rev I have installed here, we'll have to call that one the best choice until those issues are resolved.

sinarquia Wrote:I've seen Stark requires a quite new XBMC build. Will Serenity work with Atlantis? I'm on Linux and don't want to mess with SVN in the living room, wife and kids will kill me, if you know what I'm talking about!!!

Thanks

I can't make any promises. I'm not sure which exact tags I use that have been added since Atlantis, but I do know that there are places where I use stringcompare() statements that don't seem to function properly. Or maybe it's substring().

TBH, I've read that even the developers now consider Atlantis to be outdated. There are a lot of bugs that have been fixed and improvements that have been made since 8.1. Serenity will have the majority of it's basic functionality, but some parts will just not work without the new skinning features.

Sorry. There's a reason I don't use linux...too much bash this and sudo that. I'm lazy in the sense that I want to be able to double click one thing and have it work. I'd rather spend my time working on something than trying to make it work, ya know? Wink

- rwparris2 - 2009-03-30

sinarquia Wrote:I've seen Stark requires a quite new XBMC build. Will Serenity work with Atlantis? I'm on Linux and don't want to mess with SVN in the living room, wife and kids will kill me, if you know what I'm talking about!!!

Thanks

Babylon (the new 'stable' build) will be out soon enough, and you can just install it using .deb so it will be quick and easy.