Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- Bram77 - 2009-02-26

Will you include default backdrops with the skin djh? I'd personally like that. I know how to configure them in Aeon, but friends of mine only know how to use XBMC, not how to FTP to an XBOX. They really liked Aeon, but I had to visit them and spend some time on configuring the skin before they could enjoy the backdrops. It would be nice if that could be avoided by adding some default backdrops Smile

- jayhawk785 - 2009-02-26

djh_ Wrote:As for fanart, I can only speak for the performance on my machines. The HTPC is a fairly modest XP machine with a 2.6ghz Core2Duo, 2gb RAM and a 7000 series Nvidia card. The performance on that is universally smooth as silk. Then there's the Windows 7 machine I do all the work on, which is a top flight gaming rig but doesn't run XBMC all that well. There's a lot of juddering and loads of delays, which I put down to streaming all the content over smb. That and Windows 7, maybe.

So on dedicated hardware I doubt you'll have any trouble at all.

Interesting, I switched to plex some time ago, as the latest builds of XBMC seemed to create some video tearing (much like you'd see with xbmc on appleTV and 720p material). I'm not sure why, given both are compiled for OS X. That said, the fanart changing causes a brief hitch in scrolling through movies in showcase. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to see performance improvement. Currently running on a Mac Mini 2.16ghz 2g ram - intel? graphics... onboard obviously. I use about 20% processor with fanart scrolling for background process when no movie is playing. It idles at about 3-5% without.

Just super pumped to see this, and I'm crossing my fingers it plays nice with plex (i'll be happy to let you know on the 3rdSmile). If not, I'll have to start troubleshooting the xbmc builds and video tearing Smile

- jtap06 - 2009-02-26

djh_ Wrote:All the info has been consolidated into those fullscreen pages now - with all the unreliability and extra code of the old pop-up info, it just wasn't justifiable. Is it just that you don't like having those edit functions available to everyone? I can make them optional so they never appear....

If its not that much work for you that would be really great! The "Watch" and "Trailer" functions are fine, I just think it would be a bit cleaner if it didn't always give you the option to edit the movie. I do all my editing in Media Companion so I very rarely have any use for the edit functions. Also sort of worried that friends might be tempted to mess around with it.

No biggy either way, just a little request. That being said I absolutely love your design philosophy! Every single time I load up my media center people are blown away by it, myself included. *hugs hugs* Nod

- Competes2win - 2009-02-26

tjost Wrote:i wish to become a tester.
i use an iMac 2.4 C2D with 3GB Ram and a Radeon 2400XT.
The Software is Plex. I use it every Day an 10.5.6 and sometimes on 10.6 (it runs great)
So what do i have to do to become a tester for the skin

Djh has implied that he will choose potential testers, and will notify via Personal Message... furthermore, I know that lot's of people use Plex (me included) but Djh has also expressed that he will not officially support Plex. Therefore, I doubt he will request a tester for this platform.

Competes2win Wrote:Djh has implied that he will choose potential testers, and will notify via Personal Message... furthermore, I know that lot's of people use Plex (me included) but Djh has also expressed that he will not officially support Plex. Therefore, I doubt he will request a tester for this platform.

Plex aside, still gotta test on the superior platform: OS X Big Grin hehe

I'm not too worried, I'd like to see it March 3rd, but I can wait... maybe. Smile

- freezy - 2009-02-26

jayhawk785 Wrote:Plex aside, still gotta test on the superior platform: OS X Big Grin hehe
now we do all love apple fan boys, don't we.

- mrt2 - 2009-02-26

freezy Wrote:now we do all love apple fan boys, don't we.

Now now, lil ones... let's all play nice. This thread is definitely not about OS superiority. No

mrt2 Wrote:Now now, lil ones... let's all play nice. This thread is definitely not about OS superiority. No

haha i was mostly kidding... but I am a fanboy. Big Grin

- venealis - 2009-02-26

I know this is kinda off topic but because this is a skin design section. either way what is the purpose for having moth "movies" and "videos". When you go into movies you have to display by "*". If having both is everyones prefrence and or is needed is it possible to have a "display all" in the movies section. I like the fact that you can get all the information displayed under movies yet it isn't under videos.

thanks.

- pletopia - 2009-02-26

Competes2win Wrote:Djh has implied that he will choose potential testers, and will notify via Personal Message... furthermore, I know that lot's of people use Plex (me included) but Djh has also expressed that he will not officially support Plex. Therefore, I doubt he will request a tester for this platform.

just cause it won't be "offically" supported .. doesn't mean we can't test it Wink

i'd be even willing to power up that xbmc for mac if it got me a spot as a testerSmile

i got both installed on my mac and have other os installs also, just on my mac, plex works better for me since i like its support of the apple remote

- Competes2win - 2009-02-26

pletopia Wrote:just cause it won't be "offically" supported .. doesn't mean we can't test it Wink

i'd be even willing to power up that xbmc for mac if it got me a spot as a testerSmile

i got both installed on my mac and have other os installs also, just on my mac, plex works better for me since i like its support of the apple remote

well i'm of course all for trying out the skin... but I'm just saying from djh's developer perspective, there really wouldn't be a reason to test on Plex... and xbmc for osx is so inferior to plex... lol I'm sorry but it just is.

venealis Wrote:I know this is kinda off topic but because this is a skin design section. either way what is the purpose for having moth "movies" and "videos". When you go into movies you have to display by "*". If having both is everyones prefrence and or is needed is it possible to have a "display all" in the movies section. I like the fact that you can get all the information displayed under movies yet it isn't under videos.

thanks.

I would think Movies is related more to the library view. Videos I use for things I dont allow into the library database.

if you don't want videos, or movies, you can always deselect either in the skin preference. If that's what you are asking--

- smcnally75 - 2009-02-26

venealis Wrote:I know this is kinda off topic but because this is a skin design section. either way what is the purpose for having moth "movies" and "videos". When you go into movies you have to display by "*". If having both is everyones prefrence and or is needed is it possible to have a "display all" in the movies section. I like the fact that you can get all the information displayed under movies yet it isn't under videos.

thanks.

The reason for this is because a lot of people use Library view. In Library view only movies will show in the Movies section. The Videos section would permit you to see all your other videos such as home videos and the like. You can also remove these from showing in the settings menu.

- venealis - 2009-02-26

smcnally75 Wrote:The reason for this is because a lot of people use Library view. In Library view only movies will show in the Movies section. The Videos section would permit you to see all your other videos such as home videos and the like. You can also remove these from showing in the settings menu.

Will give it a go. Thanks for the help

- djh_ - 2009-02-26

File/Videos really isn't something people should use on a day-to-day basis. It's an indiscriminate file manager which has its advantages next to the virtual, volatile library views, but also disadvantages in that a skinner can only do so much with the contents. So if you approach Aeon expecting Videos to be anything more than a basic set of four views with no real awareness of TV Shows, Movies, etc, then you're in for disappointment.