Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- krypt2nite - 2009-03-06

Yeah, I feel you, I have 2000 movies with posters and a quad htpc on a 52 inch lcd, and play with it all day, everyday. I don't care though I'm just excited for this and can be very patient when it comes to quality. When it's done release it.

However I am anxious for some screenies =p

- djh_ - 2009-03-06

gonzolak Wrote:Today is a big day (Friday) - beta testing starts AFAIR. C'mon guys give us screen's , youtube video or anything, maybe it's only me but I'm refreshing this tread like crazy Wink Thanks in advance, cheers!

Or, alternatively, take a closer look at your profile and then the forums. Wink

- mytkwik - 2009-03-06

I wonder if it takes more than kindly asking if they can be in the beta group. Especially if this person finally upgraded from years of using an XBOX to a new beautiful full fledged media center pc Big Grin

- Tension113 - 2009-03-06

or since it's Djh's fault some of us became inspired enough to build a Htpc and take things to the next level.. Damn you Sir.. :p

Seriously though, I've been trying to stay out of here.. Things look pretty amazing.. Don't wanna go too crazy and give ya a big head or anything, but it looks like an awesome job.. No idea how one guy can take all of this on alone.. I never saw the inside of an Xml file before and now thanks to Aeon, I spend most of my free time learning how it all works.. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing.. but either way, I blame Djh.. Big Grin

The Power of One - wsoderberg - 2009-03-07

I don't know much about XML files but I do know design. I've spent many hours in front of Adobe Photoshop. I can only hope djh_ invites me to the beta testing so I can contribute to this amazing piece of work. Wink

Maybe it's time to build a dedicated HTPC soon. Laugh

- tret - 2009-03-07

Hey djh_

I consider myself a pretty active member of the xbmc community, have developed some python scripts to help process and move downloads automatically to an xbmc media location and do library updates, etc.

I have to say, your stunning work with Aeon is what compelled me to move from an xbox to full fledged linux HTPC's. Every time I show off xbmc w/ Aeon to a friend or co-worker they end up ordering hardware that day and I get to enjoy the excitement all over again. I have a feeling that this excitement is largely due to your amazing work. I, like the rest of the guys here, am eagerly waiting to get my hands on Stark.

Anyway thanks again. If in the future you can use any help testing or developing I'm willing to do what I can.

tret

- smcnally75 - 2009-03-07

djh_ Wrote:Or, alternatively, take a closer look at your profile and then the forums. Wink

Now that's funny! I plan on starting my testing tomorrow Smile

- eQUIV - 2009-03-07

I'd say I've contributed more to the Mediacenter community than the XBMC community specifically alot of banners/fanart...

http://themoviedb.org/user/equiv
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=artistbanners&id=681

But hey, I can understand DJH probably doesn't want to risk it getting leaked to everyone. So trusted long time XBMC members might be better.

- Choix - 2009-03-07

Can't tell you how much I am anticipating this release, hell it's the whole reason I joined this community.

Your skin alone has convinced me to make the jump to HD and to build a HTPC.

- User 42580 - 2009-03-07

Hi,

I have two requests for the beta testers:

1 - Could you guys please tell us how does the "MPA Rating", "720p or 1080p" and the "Movie Studio" banners work with Aeon? ASFAIK it's necessary to make some changes to our files and folders (probly some tagging)... That anwser would really help the rest of us to get our collections "Aeon Ready".

2 - Any Brazilian or Portuguese testers out there? If so, please post some screens of the interface in portuguese... If not, you could still post some screen even tought you won't understand what is written Wink

Thx and happy testing for you guys!

- djh_ - 2009-03-07

Actually, telling everyone precisely how the movie flagging works now would be counter-productive. When CapnBry's solution is merged into trunk the entire system will change, and there's no telling whether that'll happen before or after March 30. So you could end up changing filenames and wot-not for no reason. A good tool like Renamer will make changing the filenames a five minute process anyway, so there's no rush.

- User 42580 - 2009-03-07

djh_ Wrote:Actually, telling everyone precisely how the movie flagging works now would be counter-productive. When CapnBry's solution is merged into trunk the entire system will change, and there's no telling whether that'll happen before or after March 30. So you could end up changing filenames and wot-not for no reason. A good tool like Renamer will make changing the filenames a five minute process anyway, so there's no rush.

Oh, now I get it. Sorry for repeting that question so often.
Thx a lot for you reply and hard work.

- jayhawk785 - 2009-03-07

Here's a brief video, just going into xbmc, switching to movies, then switching to coverflow.

Sorry, youtube really kills the quality...

EDIT: It really does. Let me do something about that. - djh

I'll post a longer one later, but can't really do much in terms of quality of youtube. I'd put it on my colo box, but with all the people here... i think you'd make for a large bill next month lol

- djh_ - 2009-03-07

I would like to stress that, contrary to what that video suggests, there is actually some animation in this skin. I can see I'm going to have to do a proper 720p video now.

- jayhawk785 - 2009-03-07

lol sorry djh_ I can up a 720 somewhere... thought youtube had "HD" or whatever now?