Kodi Community Forum
Three... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Three... (/showthread.php?tid=45038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- paul - 2009-03-12

smcnally75 Wrote:My experience with this forum that leads me to believe he probably did not read all the posts. Want to put a wager on it? Wink
There is no way he has read the whole thread besides why in hell would ya want Comics in a grownup's skin/application go and buy some real comics if that turns you on bit leave em out of xbmcRolleyes

- joncgde2 - 2009-03-12

Well having some 'optional' menus would be good for people who use XBMC for other things, e.g. having a menu option that can be edited for Documentaries.

I hosted a modded version of Aeon once with a couple of extra main menu options, and it got about 700ish downloads... so I so know a lot of people out there like that sort of thing

- Tension113 - 2009-03-12

paul Wrote:There is no way he has read the whole thread besides why in hell would ya want Comics in a grownup's skin/application go and buy some real comics if that turns you on bit leave em out of xbmcRolleyes

Perhaps you're the one who needs to look a little closer while reading.. At least know what you're responding to If you're going to make nasty comments..

- azido - 2009-03-12

Competes2win Wrote:Lol I certainly would rather a three... two... one... as in days rather than the third month of the year... or of course better yet, a three... two... one... countdown as in three hours... Can't wait Djh, I'm sure it will be awesome.

well.. i would simply call it aeon version 3.

- natethomas - 2009-03-12

paul Wrote:There is no way he has read the whole thread besides why in hell would ya want Comics in a grownup's skin/application go and buy some real comics if that turns you on bit leave em out of xbmcRolleyes

That's a ridiculous statement. DJH is attempting to convince coders to make a games section for all of us emulator fans. Comics fit in a very similar category of interest. What does age have to do with what any of us likes?

A word of advice for the future: XBMC is about generating and executing as many ideas as any of us can think of in a user-friendly media center application. Shooting down ideas because they are beneath you will not garner you a lot of friends in the community.

- Ilia - 2009-03-12

Hi,

Not sure if this was asked before, will this skin work on the apple tv?

Ilia

- CHiM - 2009-03-12

Tension113 Wrote:Just curious.. Did Djh add a Comic section to Stark?

I wouldn't bother using XBMC for comics, at least not right now. Check out ComicRack instead. It's like the XMBC of comcis.

- djh_ - 2009-03-12

joncgde2 Wrote:Well having some 'optional' menus would be good for people who use XBMC for other things, e.g. having a menu option that can be edited for Documentaries.

I hosted a modded version of Aeon once with a couple of extra main menu options, and it got about 700ish downloads... so I so know a lot of people out there like that sort of thing

All of that stuff is *very* code-intensive, though, and chucks a load of variables out into the xml that you have to religiously update all the f'ing time. It's one of the reasons the alpha Aeons ended up looking a bit underdeveloped. So unless XBMC somehow integrates all of that into its feature set (which I doubt, for good reason), Aeon won't attempt it.

- paul - 2009-03-12

EDIT: I don't know whether it's your attitude that stinks, Paul, or just your ability to express it. Either way, posts like these don't last long in my threads. Maybe they're not as "nasty" as you boast you're capable of, but the subtext is there for all to see, and is not appreciated.

- paul - 2009-03-12

Tension113 Wrote:Perhaps you're the one who needs to look a little closer while reading.. At least know what you're responding to If you're going to make nasty comments..
If you call that a nasty comment then you aint heard nothing boy but i wont lower myself by using abusive languageNo

EDIT: I don't know whether it's your attitude that stinks, Paul, or just your ability to express it. Either way, posts like these don't last long in my threads. Maybe they're not as "nasty" as you boast you're capable of, but the subtext is there for all to see, and is not appreciated.

- hikaricore - 2009-03-12

paul Wrote:Ok then how about a recipe section or diy section and a pdf reader to go with it or even a mechanics section need i go on. Age well comics are for children, and as for friends what's that got to do with anything, i bet you don't like my ideas.Laugh

Comics are not for children and there is plenty of interest in them if you've not been paying attention.
You really need to stop acting like this everytime someone says something you don't care for.

- paul - 2009-03-12

Your right there is a lot of interest in comics but it does not mean it's a good idea.
Now please do calm yourself:p

- User 42580 - 2009-03-12

Any Portuguese friends around (specially Brazilians)? If so, PM me.

I'm pretty much finished with the translation and I would love to get a second opinion in a few parts of it.

Just for the record, I won't be sending files to anyone. I'm just looking for some user input.

- Tension113 - 2009-03-12

Man.. Aeon has a comic option, so I was curious if there was one in Stark.. Hadn't seen it mentioned before.. Wasn't asking Djh to include it.. If he doesn't want to, and I can understand why, then I'll probably end up making a mod for us childish people who are into that sort of thing..

Learn how to act in a forum.. I've seen other posts of yours in the past and referring to other peoples work as 'bloody awful' and the name calling isn't cool.. If you don't like how something looks and plan to change it.. That's great, but don't put down something someone else has done..

and at least look to see who they're talking about before attacking the silly comic guy about not reading the 67 pages.. They were talking about someone else..

So anyway.. Back to comics.. Nod I've used ComicRack.. it's ok.. Good for sorting, but I have it working pretty nicely in my Aeon now.. The ability to have a comics, clips, kids, or documentaries is a must for me at this point though.. I've become accustomed to it now and I love it.. That's way more than I feel like adding later on though..

- joncgde2 - 2009-03-12

djh_ Wrote:All of that stuff is *very* code-intensive, though, and chucks a load of variables out into the xml that you have to religiously update all the f'ing time. It's one of the reasons the alpha Aeons ended up looking a bit underdeveloped. So unless XBMC somehow integrates all of that into its feature set (which I doubt, for good reason), Aeon won't attempt it.

Fair enough - thanks for the reply mate