Kodi Community Forum
XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: XBMC for Linux VDPAU - NVIDIA GPU video decoding support (now in the mainline SVN) (/showthread.php?tid=45525)

- motd2k - 2009-05-29

Hannes The Hun Wrote:did exactly as you requested, still stuttering/buffering in windowed mode after auto-res and restart as well as in fullscreen per \

I'm posting full details of files and debug log in some minutes, but it is affecting all of my 720p MKVs

can you pastebin your xorg.conf too

- ads_german - 2009-05-30

Quote:My guess would actually be safefull screen patching required

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of some instructions on how to apply this patch?

I have an integrated 8300 mobo which plays via VDPAU fine if I start in auto screen res and then either hit "\" or switch back to a fullscreen res.

Since I'm not sure how to apply the patch "correctly" I tried manually editing Application.cpp and GUISettings.cpp and adding in the required extra couple of lines of code at the correct locations then re-compiled, but there was no change in my stuttering problems.

I'm not trying to ask for someone to hold my hand all the way through, but can anyone point me in the right direction of a good site outlining how to apply a patch correctly using subversion, assuming that's what I need to do to get it working?

Cheers,
Adam.

- motd2k - 2009-05-30

Open Application.cpp and search for this line... (somewhere near line 863)

PHP Code:
// set GUI res and force the clear of the screen 

After it, add this line...

PHP Code:
g_guiSettings.m_LookAndFeelResolution AUTORES

Now search for this line in Application.cpp too... (near line 937)

PHP Code:
srand((unsigned int)seconds); 

after it add...

PHP Code:
g_graphicsContext.ToggleFullScreenRoot(); 

motd

- ads_german - 2009-05-30

thanks for the quick reply too motd2k. That's what I did previously (i.e. searched and added in the couple of extra lines manually before compiling) but it didn't work last time.

Just looking back at the safefull patch though, would I be correct in assuming I should have set the videoscreen.safefull value to true in GUISettings.cpp? If so, I'm a tool for not paying attention and compiling it last time with the default value left as false... Blush

I'll try again without the change to GUISettings.cpp and the if statements in Application.cpp and see how i go then.

Cheers,
Adam.

- Haggy - 2009-05-30

motd2k: Given your instructions, would you consider this branch: http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/motdsDirtyPlaything obsolete? I patched from there...

- xnappo - 2009-05-30

ads_german Wrote:Just looking back at the safefull patch though, would I be correct in assuming I should have set the videoscreen.safefull value to true in GUISettings.cpp? If so, I'm a tool for not paying attention and compiling it last time with the default value left as false... Blush

In the original patch he had if statements checking to see if 'safefull' was selected in the GUI. If you follow his instructions above though, it will always be running in 'safefull'.

xnappo

- motd2k - 2009-05-30

My dirty plaything is never obsolete!

- Haggy - 2009-05-30

haha OK great. Seems like i just have to add safefull to the guisettings right?

EDIT: Oh forget it, i'm seriously dumb beyond repair.

- Haggy - 2009-05-30

Ah damnit. Still getting this:
Code:
haggy@aereogramme ~/.xbmc/temp $ grep -rine safefull *
xbmc.log:27:15:19:21 T:3621242928 M:3525410816   DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (videoscreen.safefull) was not found.  It must be case-sensitive
xbmc.log:50:15:19:22 T:3621242928 M:3518078976   DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (videoscreen.safefull) was not found.  It must be case-sensitive

in my xbmc.log - even after adding.

Code:
<videoscreen>
  <safefull>true</safefull>
</videoscreen>

to my advancedsettings.xml

Could anyone please give a short advice on what i have to do to get this safefull dirty plaything actually working? I merged in the whole dirty branch :

Code:
Index: xbmc/Application.cpp
===================================================================
--- xbmc/Application.cpp    (revision 20059)
+++ xbmc/Application.cpp    (working copy)
@@ -873,6 +873,8 @@
#endif

// set GUI res and force the clear of the screen
+  if (g_guiSettings.GetBool("videoscreen.safefull"))
+    g_guiSettings.m_LookAndFeelResolution = AUTORES;
   g_graphicsContext.SetVideoResolution(g_guiSettings.m_LookAndFeelResolution, TRUE, true);

#ifdef _WIN32PC
@@ -949,6 +951,9 @@
   time(&seconds);
   srand((unsigned int)seconds);

+  if (g_guiSettings.GetBool("videoscreen.safefull"))
+    g_graphicsContext.ToggleFullScreenRoot();
+
   return CXBApplicationEx::Create(hWnd);
}

Thanks!
/Haggy

- jmarshall - 2009-05-31

You need a GUISettings.cpp change as well - perhaps that wasn't committed to the branch?

- xnappo - 2009-05-31

Haggy - just remove the 'if' statements.

xnappo

- johnny2 - 2009-05-31

johnny2 Wrote:How is mpeg2 hardware acceleration coming along?

??

If I understand correctly, mpeg2 in XBMC doesn't use vdpau which means I can't take advantage of vdpau's post processing filters when viewing mpeg2 files like DVDs.

- Haggy - 2009-05-31

Doh! How could i have overlooked that?! *head_against_wall*

- Haggy - 2009-05-31

xnappo Wrote:Haggy - just remove the 'if' statements.

xnappo

Nah i got it right...my patch was missing the GUISettings lines. I cannot remove the if-statements because this is for the ArchLinux AUR package. Not everyone has a 8xxx and thus needs the patch enabled.

- xnappo - 2009-05-31

Haggy Wrote:Nah i got it right...my patch was missing the GUISettings lines. I cannot remove the if-statements because this is for the ArchLinux AUR package. Not everyone has a 8xxx and thus needs the patch enabled.

Ah - didn't realize you weren't just doing it for yourself. Glad you got it working.

xnappo