Kodi Community Forum
.CDG Karaoke-files support for music - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: .CDG Karaoke-files support for music (/showthread.php?tid=4654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- V-Turn - 2004-12-16

(jmarshall @ dec. 16 2004,12:40 Wrote:are you using digital output?

for me, with analog output, i've noticed no difference between hq resampling on and off - sync is identical on both tracks i have.

if you have pcm passthrough enabled and are using digital output, then there may be a difference perhaps.

please test if you can (i am digital receiver deprived at the moment)

cheers,
jonathan
i am using analog output.

- V-Turn - 2004-12-16

(jmarshall @ dec. 16 2004,12:48 Wrote:and i've just found and fixed the alpha levels for background, so the visz is showing through correctly again now.

cheers,
jonathan
great, thank you very much!

v.

- black88mx6 - 2004-12-17

will test this soon and post results. thanks for the update.

- bent98 - 2004-12-17

i tried using 12-15-04 build and cant get karaoke to work. i have a samsung drive and am trying to play a cd+g disc i made with clone cd. it works in my stand alone player. i read back a few threads that only the samsung drive supports cd+g subchannel. am i correct or do i need to convert cd+g disc to a file and transfer to the xbox hard drive.

- sticky - 2004-12-17

(bent98 @ dec. 17 2004,04:45 Wrote:i tried using 12-15-04 build and cant get karaoke to work. i have a samsung drive and am trying to play a cd+g disc i made with clone cd. it works in my stand alone player. i read back a few threads that only the samsung drive supports cd+g subchannel. am i correct or do i need to convert cd+g disc to a file and transfer to the xbox hard drive.
i reserve the right to be totally wrong about this, but i believe the way the karaoke vis is setup is that the files must reside on the hd. could be wrong...

- Gamester17 - 2004-12-17

(bent98 @ dec. 17 2004,04:45 Wrote:cant get karaoke to work. i have a samsung drive and am trying to play a cd+g disc i made with clone cd. it works in my stand alone player. i read back a few threads that only the samsung drive supports cd+g subchannel.
please read the whole thread which explains it in detail, simple answer is xbmc do not support cd+g discs, it plays .mp3 with .cdg files

a cdg is similar to a srt subtitle for a avi movie (both are just text files with time-stamps) so you need the mp3 with matching cdg file:

song_file_name.mp3
song_file_name.cdg

ps! yes you are correct that only the samsung dvd-rom drive support subchannels but xbmc does not support cd+g subchannel :oops:

- black88mx6 - 2004-12-17

my 12/16/04 build works correctly again. also i have all my mp3 and cd+g files on a smb share, works great.

- ice_mouton - 2004-12-22

:thumbsup: hummmm i am a total noob in the xbox scene.. but i have been more than around with cdg and various karaoke systems...

1) congrats on a great feature

2) is there any update on the no-vis option... my xbox seems to be laggy.. the vis is choppy..

3) any update on the mutevid in the background i would greatly appreciate such feature!

4) just a few suggestions....

mp3+g is not cd+g.. they both are different formats of achieving the same thing... when i first saw the option in xbmc to read cd+gz i then proceded to burn a few cd-rwz in cd+g format to test it out... and was sad that it didn't work .. i would have never guessed it could read mp3+g !!! all my collection (9k+ songs) i already had ripped in mp3+g format... and everything works perfect. i think you should be more clear and not mention cd+g as it is a special cd format as you have mentionned countless times...

there .. my 02.cents...

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: again thanks for the amazing work...

<begin summary>no-vis, mutevid in bg, rename option to mp3+g Wink</end summary>

- V-Turn - 2004-12-22

(ice_mouton @ dec. 22 2004,16:42 Wrote:2) is there any update on the no-vis option... my xbox seems to be laggy.. the vis is choppy..
choppy vid is fixed in the latest builds (12/20 approx.)
out of sync issue still occurs, but there is a workaorund, see the previous notes for details.

v.

- cayotic - 2004-12-22

9000 songs!!! what are you a karaoke dj?

** there are rules in this forum **

if i am not mistaken the whole craze started with the release of xbox music mixer. which was very similar to xbmp.

anyways, sorry to hijack the thread... ** and there are even more rules in this forum **

- despatch_uk - 2004-12-22

any update on getting a mic to work on this just ordered a new xbox music mixer mic and then realised it may not be supported

damn i should buy anything on amazon after so many jd and cokes

- xb0xb0y - 2004-12-23

a little off topic, but i read in a few posts back ... that there's now cdtext support. how do i enable that? i have a samsung btw.

and may i ask how often do cvs get posted at "the usual places"? i don't have the resources to compile myself and rely on the additional generousity of others, on top of the dev of xbmc. last cvs is 12-09 and cdg/vis is still broke for me! Image

- Hullebulle - 2004-12-23

(xb0xb0y @ dec. 23 2004,19:54 Wrote:a little off topic, but i read in a few posts back ... that there's now cdtext support.
where did you read that?

- xb0xb0y - 2004-12-23

(hullebulle @ dec. 23 2004,19:13 Wrote:
(xb0xb0y @ dec. 23 2004,19:54 Wrote:a little off topic, but i read in a few posts back ... that there's now cdtext support.
where did you read that?
gamester17 posted it. but said only for ppl with samsung drives cuz it's the only one that can read the subchannel on the cd. check on page 8 of this thread, posted in november. they were talking about cdg discs using the same subchannel.

- xb0xb0y - 2004-12-23

(gamester17 @ nov. 12 2004,10:30 Wrote:
(stcogoli @ nov. 10 2004,17:53 Wrote:
Quote:@stcogoli, i have a question that's probebely slightly off-topic(?) and that question is; does this (your code) support standard cd+g cd's (discs)?, that is retail cd+g karaoke cdda cd's that one can buy in some stores?, (that's the type of discs some standalone cd/dvd-players or karaoke-machines support). reason i ask is that need the info for the xbmc project page (link)
nope. on a cd+g compact disc, the cdg data is stored in the subchannel stream. most standard cd-rom drives can't read subchannel data and given the very cheap nature of the xbox drives, i've always assumed that they can't physically read the subchannel. even if it could physically read it (which someone here more knowledgeable than me may infirm or confirm), this would also have to be supported in the software, which it is not at the moment.
i very much doubt that the thomson and philips xbox dvd-rom drive support subchannel, however i suspect that the samsung drive do(?)
ps! probebly indirectly realted; cd-text support was implemented into libcdio for xbmc recently and only the samsung drive support it Wink
here's his post: