Kodi Community Forum
xbmc web interface and picture playlist - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: xbmc web interface and picture playlist (/showthread.php?tid=46546)

Pages: 1 2

xbmc web interface and picture playlist - dcnigma - 2009-03-07

Hey all,

I am wondering if there is a way to make a play list of my pictures using the web interface. like for video or music?

I want to use xbmc for showing my pictures,
there is no play list function for the web interface!

only for video and music.

I want them to show on the fly.

what I am trying to do is:
Edit my pictures on one pc and show them after editing on another pc using xbmc.

the way i wanted to do it is:
share a folder on my editing pc and use that pc to make a playlist using the web interface.

I know there are custom made web interface flying around on the internet.
can some help me with this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetz Dcnigma

- r2504 - 2010-12-30

I also take lots of pictures during for example holidays which are stored on my NAS, but whenever I get visitors I don't want to show all of the photo's, but only a selection.

Is there no 'picture playlist' available ?

- r2504 - 2011-06-18

Any news on this ?

It's still very annoying to show people holiday foto's as I've so many and only want to show a subset. The playlist shouldn't even be cross folder, but just within one folder would already be fine?

Or some 'rate it' system and an option to only show those picture with a certain minimum rating.

- r2504 - 2011-08-08

Apparently the majority is not using XBMC for showing pictures Sad

No one feeling a need to filter/rate/playlist pictures ?

RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - LennyX - 2012-12-21

* push *
Really nobody interested in such a feature? Should be easy to implement.

Re: RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - Martijn - 2012-12-21

(2012-12-21, 17:39)LennyX Wrote: * push *

Feel free to code it if you think it's easy

RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - LennyX - 2012-12-22

Thanks for the very helpful answer Sad.

I can't code, but I could imagine it might be easy to implement as you only need a text file containing a list of picture file names, similar to m3u-music-playlists. This functionality is already there in XBMC for music and videos, it could be extended to pictures, too.

Don't see this as a criticism, my comment wasn't meant - and written - that way, but as a suggestion. I definitely appreciate what I can get for free with XBMC!

RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - vinistois - 2012-12-22

in general if you do some of the work, then someone will chime in to help you along the way, or maybe even finish the code for you.

find out how it works for music and videos. find out what files are involved, look in them to see how it might work.

try to add pictures into the mix.

if you break something, report back. You can't really come on here and say it should be easy, when really you have no idea if its easy or not. Maybe it is. Find out.

You are talking to an user, not a developper. How would I be able to do as you advise me? Maybe I don't even want to do that, maybe I don't have the time to code. (BTW - trying to create "picture playlists" by manually editing a playlist file does not work for me, if you meant that.)

I just wanted to *ask* if this is possible, as it *seems* like an easy job to me. I did not *demand* the feature, as I'm very well aware that I get some great piece of software for free, and I'm grateful for that.

"Code it yourself" is least helpful answer for me. I did not know that only coders are allowed to ask for features Wink.

RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - N3MIS15 - 2012-12-22

A little tip.
If you say "should be easy" to a dev, its a sure way to be ignored..

OK Wink.

RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - dazzam - 2013-12-27

I've found that you 'can' create a photo playlist, and I have been doing so since the XBOX heyday.
You just create a .m3u playlist and put the paths of the images in there.

This is an example of what 'I' am using(it uses relative paths):
..\..\MAIN\2009\2009-04-06\20090406_2246_tsm.jpg
..\..\MAIN\2009\2009-04-06\20090406_2247_tsm.jpg
..\..\MAIN\2009\2009-04-06\20090406_8767.jpg
..\..\MAIN\2009\2009-04-06\20090406_2286_tsm.jpg
..\..\MAIN\2009\2009-04-06\20090406_2248_tsm.jpg
..\..\MAIN\2009\2009-04-06\20090406_8708.jpg
..\..\MAIN\2009\2009-04-06\20090406_2249_tsm.jpg

but you could also use something like:
smb://server/photos/main/2009/2009-04-06/20090406_2246_tsm.jpg

What I wish I could do, is be able to point the screensaver slideshow at one of these .m3u playlists.(rather than only a folder)

XBMC does NOT allow you to create these playlists. You have to pull out your favourite text editor, or(as I usually do) configure your favourite DAM(mine is IMatch) to create your playlists for you.
cheers, DM

RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - RaHa - 2015-08-13

(2012-12-21, 17:45)Martijn Wrote:

I do not think it easy to program anything at all. I have no idea of KODI, am just a regular user and fan (do not know where the generated playlist is temporarily stored). I wish for a slideshow that can save the generated playlist with a filename and can load different playlists. I show different images from different folders that I copy now together. With different playlists it would be easier, faster and saves disk space and erverytimes generate the same list before start. I can not even there, that would be a task for a KODI programmers.

RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - dazzam - 2015-08-13

(2015-08-13, 14:09)RaHa Wrote:
(2012-12-21, 17:45)Martijn Wrote:

I do not think it easy to program anything at all. I have no idea of KODI, am just a regular user and fan (do not know where the generated playlist is temporarily stored). I wish for a slideshow that can save the generated playlist with a filename and can load different playlists. I show different images from different folders that I copy now together. With different playlists it would be easier, faster and saves disk space and erverytimes generate the same list before start. I can not even there, that would be a task for a KODI programmers.
Personally, I don't like the method for creating music playlists inside xbmc/kodi. I expect that selecting images to add into an image playlist will be similarly unimpressive.
Rather, I create the music playlist on the pc, I also do the same, creating image playlists on the pc and opening them in the slideshow application on kodi.

I have finally worked out how to send a playlist to the screensaver slideshow, but it is rather kludgy and if I'm not careful, rather prone to being overwritten.
Cheers,
Dam

RE: xbmc web interface and picture playlist - RaHa - 2015-08-13

(2015-08-13, 14:45)dazzam Wrote: ... and opening them in the slideshow application on kodi.

I have finally worked out how to send a playlist to the screensaver slideshow, ...
Cheers,
Dam

Tell me more how!