Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-03-30

MrTourettes Wrote:OK I will start off by saying sorry if this has already been answered. I have spent a couple of hours now search though 100's of threads for all kinds of info and my brain is hurting.

Anyway. I started using Stark today and been trying to mod my movie collection with data to display the flag icons ( 1080p, 720p, etc ).

OK after reading stacks of stuff over at stark section and also in here I think I have come to the conclusion that for xbmc and stark to diasplay this info my file needs to be labeled like so.

- National Treasure Book of Secrets.2007.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv

Well that is my understanding so far.

I think however I have probably missed bits and pieces somewhere and I am here asking if there is a better way of doing that.

At the moment I have 1000's of movies and only some of them hold the information in the file names. I do know I could grab the information using Media Info application and rename my files. I really do not want to do this.

Does MIP in anyway read the data form the movie file and save in the nfo so that xbmc can pick this up and use in stark? If not is there a way in MIP to have it rename my media with the appropiate file names to include this information?

Also while on the subject...In MIP you can save off different nfo's and tbn's etc. For example it will save an nfo of the movie name but also have an option to save movie.nfo. Could someone explain why I would need 2 copies of this data and for example when running MIP as defaut without changing anything I end up with like 3-4 copies of the movie cover image.

Thanks for ya time and sorry to repeat a probably already answered question but this is one confused muppet with a headache Sad

I'll give a quick comment on this, I'm researching some details on how xbmc reads and stores .nfo file data, as well as field locations and data types and i'm looking at a few fields that are not generally used to store additional information.

Could MIP change the filename, yes it could, I even coded part of that function when it hit me. Let me provide some details on that.

National Treasure Book of Secrets.2007.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264.mkv
I could break this down as
<moviename>.<year>.<first_longest_video_stream_resolution_to_standard_480_540_720_1080>.<HuhmediasourceHuh><first_longest_audiochannel_type>.<codec>.<extension>

The <HuhmediasourceHuh> i.e. BluRay part doesn't make sense, as it's an mkv file, the original source it was obtained from is not contained in the file, however I could just put bluray for any 720 or 1080 content.

The real solution for this is what I built into MIP, the Media Stream Information. This is used by captBry's hd flagging branch to provide true details about the movie / show.

The filename is a temporary solution, I'll turn on the option based on the above details, it still needs some debugging before it's ready.

As for the MIP defaults, you'll want to leave those on for maximum compatability. Different versions of xbmc use different files, 9.04 will use movie.nfo and movie.tbn, current svn builds, ~16500 and up, use these files.

folder.jpg and fanart.jpg also show up in windows, and in other applications.
fanart.jpg also shows up when you view your movie folders if you set that view type for the folder to pictures. (kinda cool, posters shown at the bottom, fanart when they are selected)

folder.jpg is also used in file mode

There will be additional output types that will be available for additional applications, like background.jpg and <moviefilename>_background.jpg for some other products, that's in the air still as they sort out standards for naming conventions.

Quote:MIP has an Error when I do something...
Anyone with errors, please post details on the error and pastebin anything that applys with it. I'm abit swamped right now, I do read the information and research all errors, unless I get sidetracked (which I do).. feel free to remind me if i've missed one you have posted.

- fekker - 2009-03-30

roydonaldson Wrote:See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
Can you provide me with the names of the folders for your tvshows, I'm guessing this is show specific, an invalid element in the xml.

One thing to try.. remove your tvshow.nfo file from those shows and retry.. it might be an invalid tvshow.nfo.. i'll add a check into the next build for those.

- MrTourettes - 2009-03-30

Thanks for quick reply. OK Lets see if I have this correct.

1st off its best I leave all the outputs ( movie.nfo, folder.tbn, etc ) for compatability reasons.

2nd. Icons for media types etc. This is something you are developing for another realse? I was not sure from your post if you meant that you will build this information from reading the file details from in the file or if all my files need to be named with the information.

- fekker - 2009-03-30

MrTourettes Wrote:Thanks for quick reply. OK Lets see if I have this correct.

1st off its best I leave all the outputs ( movie.nfo, folder.tbn, etc ) for compatability reasons.
Yup, after 9.04's release I'll modify the defaults so not so many files are created, there will be an option for compatibility mode that will check, uncheck items based on rev of xbmc as well (a feature request for something like that exists)

Quote:2nd. Icons for media types etc. This is something you are developing for another realse? I was not sure from your post if you meant that you will build this information from reading the file details from in the file or if all my files need to be named with the information.
Yup, next build will have that option to name your file automatically, it may also include a much cleaner method of doing it by using another field in the .nfo files and database, I've asked digitalhigh to see if what I proposed is doable from the skin side of things.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-30

fekker Wrote:Yup, next build will have that option to name your file automatically, it may also include a much cleaner method of doing it by using another field in the .nfo files and database, I've asked digitalhigh to see if what I proposed is doable from the skin side of things.

Yah, like I sad, pretty sure that the "status" tag is for the watched/unwatched overlay. And I know that a lot of people use that one.

There is already a ticket submitted to trac regading this issue as well, tho I have no idea when it'll actually go forward...

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6036

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6037

- fekker - 2009-03-30

digitalhigh Wrote:Yah, like I sad, pretty sure that the "status" tag is for the watched/unwatched overlay. And I know that a lot of people use that one.

There is already a ticket submitted to trac regading this issue as well, tho I have no idea when it'll actually go forward...

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6036

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6037
Ok I got one..
the Votes field
it's text based, i tested it and I can push data (in string format via the .nfo) to that field

I for one would give that field up for real data Big Grin
<votes>1080p DTS 6ch x264 Pixar_Animation SubENG SubSPA</votes>

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-30

fekker Wrote:Ok I got one..
the Votes field
it's text based, i tested it and I can push data (in string format via the .nfo) to that field

I for one would give that field up for real data Big Grin
<votes>1080p 6ch x264 Pixar_Animation SubENG SubSPA</votes>

I would personally rather trade <writer>. From testing with Serenity, I've noticed that a lot of the writer fields are blank already...so much that I had to substitute that field with something else in my info displays.

But that is a rockin' idea...slam as much info into one tag as possible, then sift it out by using the <visible>substring($INFO[lisitem.writer],FOO)</visible> tag.

- fekker - 2009-03-30

digitalhigh Wrote:I would personally rather trade <writer>. From testing with Serenity, I've noticed that a lot of the writer fields are blank already...so much that I had to substitute that field with something else in my info displays.

But that is a rockin' idea...slam as much info into one tag as possible, then sift it out by using the <visible>substring($INFO[lisitem.writer],FOO)</visible> tag.

writer works for me.. let me test it out for the three and see if it pulls in.. some fields just plain don't work for shows.

- fekker - 2009-03-31

Since digital's pm is full i'll post it here.

Here's a build of MIP with the .nfo updates working (at least for movies, didn't test shows yet, but should work in theory.. you'll need to enable the option under the general tab "skin based hd flagging support" and you'll want to overwrite your existing episode .nfo's (and then remember to turn it back off), the studio option is updated to include the latest (41), that option is under the tvshows tab.. save studio in rating..

For movies, you can run autopilot with the update media information option to update the field data.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yojznj2zymd

This is build 2822
it includes the following
- fixed button that does nothing, removed
- fixed tvshow.nfo that is invalid causing an unhandled exception
- added skin based flagging support for movies and tvshows
- updated media information display to show what's being embeded into the .nfo for skin based flagging

This build does NOT include the following
- support for file renaming for Aeon - it's not yet ready, but is still in work.

Since folks have prob been wondering what the heck all the chatter in this thread about looking at fields and tvshow information, i'll provide some insight as to what me and Digitalhigh have been sorting out.

MIP reads all your media information, in such, there's nothing stopping it from putting that data into xbmc. I noticed that Aeon is using information from the filename and started looking for where I could inject the data into the .nfo so that a skinner could display information graphically, without having to touch the filename and providing details about the media.

For Movies, it will store the data in the <credits> tag..
For TV Shows, the rating is modified to store a number reference to the studio, studio data in xbmc is incomplete.
For Episodes, it will store the data in the <votes> tag..

What data is it storing? ... the basic flagging data for your media, which can then be used in xbmc.. real full support is in work by captBry.. in the meantime this should work out nicely.

Will it work with Aeon?
- Nope.. unless it's added, it's totally specific to digitalhigh's skin right now.
Could it work with skin .... ?
- Yes, if they look for the data in the database it will be there.

What's the video resolution options?
New resolution list
SD, 480i, 480p, 540i, 540p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

here's how it figures out the size part
If current width of video file is < 20 Then it will not put anything in there"" 'anything less then 20 is too small to be anything
If current width of video file is < 641 Then it will return with the resolution of "SD"
If current width of video file is < 853 Then it will return with the resolution of "480"
If current width of video file is < 961 Then it will return with the resolution of "540"
If current width of video file is > 961 And current width < 1281 Then it will return with the resolution of "720"
If current width of video file is > 1281 Then it will return "1080"

It checks the media file for interlaced or progressive scan.. basically if it not's flagged progressive, it's interlaced.

Audio
Channels are return as 2ch, 6ch, 8ch, mono
6ch is 5.1 surround
8ch is 7.1 surround
Mono is mono, there's prob others that are returned, depending on your media

DTS, AAC, and others are also returned

Subtitles
all subtitle streams in the movie file are included, format is sub + 3 character language code
subENG, subSPA, etc... (there's a ton of different ones returned, hundreds)

Got examples?
here's some examples from .nfo files I ran on test data

Movies-
<credits>Walt_Disney_Pictures - 1080p AAC 6ch subENG subSPA</credits>
<credits>Warner_Bros._Pictures - 480i 2ch subENG </credits>

Episodes-
<votes>CBS - 540p DTS 6ch subENG </votes>
<votes>The_CW - 720p DTS 6ch </votes>

- mkv1080p - 2009-03-31

does this work with windows 7? I tried but kept getting error? Thanks

- krypt2nite - 2009-03-31

I humbly request a tag for the resolution of 576p. I have tons of movies ripped in 576p.

- digitalhigh - 2009-03-31

fekker Wrote:Since digital's pm is full i'll post it here.

Here's a build of MIP with the .nfo updates working (at least for movies, didn't test shows yet, but should work in theory.. you'll need to enable the option under the general tab "skin based hd flagging support" and you'll want to overwrite your existing episode .nfo's (and then remember to turn it back off), the studio option is updated to include the latest (41), that option is under the tvshows tab.. save studio in rating..

For movies, you can run autopilot with the update media information option to update the field data.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yojznj2zymd

This is build 2822
it includes the following
- fixed button that does nothing, removed
- fixed tvshow.nfo that is invalid causing an unhandled exception
- added skin based flagging support for movies and tvshows
- updated media information display to show what's being embeded into the .nfo for skin based flagging

This build does NOT include the following
- support for file renaming for Aeon - it's not yet ready, but is still in work.

Since folks have prob been wondering what the heck all the chatter in this thread about looking at fields and tvshow information, i'll provide some insight as to what me and Digitalhigh have been sorting out.

MIP reads all your media information, in such, there's nothing stopping it from putting that data into xbmc. I noticed that Aeon is using information from the filename and started looking for where I could inject the data into the .nfo so that a skinner could display information graphically, without having to touch the filename and providing details about the media.

For Movies, it will store the data in the <credits> tag..
For TV Shows, the rating is modified to store a number reference to the studio, studio data in xbmc is incomplete.
For Episodes, it will store the data in the <votes> tag..

What data is it storing? ... the basic flagging data for your media, which can then be used in xbmc.. real full support is in work by captBry.. in the meantime this should work out nicely.

Will it work with Aeon?
- Nope.. unless it's added, it's totally specific to digitalhigh's skin right now.
Could it work with skin .... ?
- Yes, if they look for the data in the database it will be there.

What's the video resolution options?
New resolution list
SD, 480i, 480p, 540i, 540p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

here's how it figures out the size part
If current width of video file is < 20 Then it will not put anything in there"" 'anything less then 20 is too small to be anything
If current width of video file is < 641 Then it will return with the resolution of "SD"
If current width of video file is < 853 Then it will return with the resolution of "480"
If current width of video file is < 961 Then it will return with the resolution of "540"
If current width of video file is > 961 And current width < 1281 Then it will return with the resolution of "720"
If current width of video file is > 1281 Then it will return "1080"

It checks the media file for interlaced or progressive scan.. basically if it not's flagged progressive, it's interlaced.

Audio
Channels are return as 2ch, 6ch, 8ch, mono
6ch is 5.1 surround
8ch is 7.1 surround
Mono is mono, there's prob others that are returned, depending on your media

DTS, AAC, and others are also returned

Subtitles
all subtitle streams in the movie file are included, format is sub + 3 character language code
subENG, subSPA, etc... (there's a ton of different ones returned, hundreds)

Got examples?
here's some examples from .nfo files I ran on test data

Movies-
<credits>Walt_Disney_Pictures - 1080p AAC 6ch subENG subSPA</credits>
<credits>Warner_Bros._Pictures - 480i 2ch subENG </credits>

Episodes-
<votes>CBS - 540p DTS 6ch subENG </votes>
<votes>The_CW - 720p DTS 6ch </votes>

Dude, that was fast!! I've got most of the logos made up and looking fresh in my concepts, I'll have them fully implemented with screens by tomorrow afternoon.

Totally awesome.

- fekker - 2009-03-31

Quote:Dude, that was fast!! I've got most of the logos made up and looking fresh in my concepts, I'll have them fully implemented with screens by tomorrow afternoon.

Totally awesome.
Big Grin most of the code was in place for hd flagging so it was an easy few calls and functions to spit it out.

krypt2nite Wrote:I humbly request a tag for the resolution of 576p. I have tons of movies ripped in 576p.

is there an exact height and width for those?
from the google search i get the following for those
vertical 576
horizontal resolution of 720 or 704

if it's an exact match I can code that pretty easy, but if it varies, it might prove more difficult.

- kiboy6 - 2009-03-31

Sorry for bugging you guys....I think my post got lost a few pages back Smile

Thanks!

DigitalHigh Wrote:Originally Posted by digitalhigh View Post
1. I would recommend just moving the files into their own folder, and doing away with the subfolders. It might be a pain in the butt, but I'd wager that end result would be worth it.

2. If the title is recognized wrong in autopilot, all you'd need to do is select the movie in MIP, and put in the proper IMDB ID, then press the green button to update all the info.

3. I'd assume that if you have albumart embedded, then your stuff is probably tagged by iTunes? If that's the case, then you probably don't need to do anything to your music with MIP. However, if stuff is not being scanned into your music library properly, then MIP could help you clean things up a bit.

kiboy6 Wrote:Thanks very much for the reply.

1.) That won't be too annoying I guess. But will I end up with two identical entries then, or will MIP find info referring to each separate discs of a 2 disc DVD release? The only other place I imagine it being annoying is for TV shows on DVDs. Is the only way for MIP to deal with them to have each ISO in a separate folder?

2.) Got it...thanks Smile In the list of movies with "problems" what does it mean if "TBN" is missing? Which images do I need to make sure are there to make XBMC display the movie nicely. (Doing all my MIP work pre-install of XBMC so forgive the silly question!)

3.) Yes, everything is already tagged to my liking in itunes too. But would MIP scrape fanart / artist pics that XBMC wouldn't get itself?

Finally just a general question about MIP - what exactly is the breakdown of what occurs during auto-pilot and then pre-cache phases? Once both are complete has MIP done all the automated work it can do? What does the "load movies" button do then?

Thanks! - I'm still just in awe of this program - i never imagined my media collection could look so hot!

- Abeerdrinker - 2009-03-31

For some reason my media info no longer is finding or adding the thumbnail clips for each ep in TV shows. Did something change recently cause I am using the lasted build