Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Moldiver - 2009-09-27

Any way to get more media flags? so far all i can seem to get is the studio name and the rating, i can add the codes and sound info to the movie poster but ive saw screenies with loads more stuff below the movie poster. How do i add these?

Thanks

- lestat1977uk - 2009-09-27

How you getting on with tv episode thumbs, i still fing that miptvupdate is missing quite a few, any solution yet?

- kees667 - 2009-09-27

Love this tool. In win 7 though some menu items are missing (white). When I open series, select a serie, and go to tools - the top two items are selectable but white. The third option is readable: resize bacjground image.

- fekker - 2009-09-27

for episode images, i've posted the details up on thetvdb's forum

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1833

I'll look into the other issues when i can, super busy right now.

- fekker - 2009-09-28

temporary workaround for episode images

edit the hosts file on your pc (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts)
add in the following
208.76.155.58 images.thetvdb.com

this will switch the link to the main site instead of the mirror (which i guess they are no longer using)

I'll fix it in the app tomorrow.

- azido - 2009-09-28

fekker,

is this a known issue?

got that after initial library cache downloading for tv-shows.

- dvanburen - 2009-09-28

fekker Wrote:tvdb was returning some 0k zip files for shows..

see if there are 0k files in
C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything
if so remove them

that's where it trys to save the compressed show data when it grabs it from thetvdb, if those are zero, extraction will fail, and the "error in banner read" when it trys to read the banners file (that's where the images are at for shows, posters & fanart) and the first item it hits during loading in MIP.

Thank you. I had a corrupt zip file and I had to remove it manually.

- dvanburen - 2009-09-28

azido Wrote:fekker,

is this a known issue?

got that after initial library cache downloading for tv-shows.

It may be a 0 byte or corrupt zip in C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything . In your case you should check 79322.zip and ensure it is a valid zip archive.

- azido - 2009-09-28

dvanburen Wrote:It may be a 0 byte or corrupt zip in C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\temp\tvdb\everything . In your case you should check 79322.zip and ensure it is a valid zip archive.

cheers for trying, but unfortunately there isn't such a zip file inside that dir. seems like it doesn't get that one from tvdb and that's the cause for decompressing faults - what isn't there, can't be decompressed Huh

@fekker, another one:

thanks for coding in the ability to save different fanart.jpgs to the season folders. thing is, i'm german, so my season dirs are called STAFFEL 1, STAFFEL 2 and so on. Using your saving routine gets me additional dirs called Season 1, Season 2 for every fanart saving.

Any chance you're willing to code in a dialog window asking where to drop the file instead of using a default Season x dir? Charming would be if it would point to the given TV SHOW dir by default, where the correct dir would only be one click away..

- fekker - 2009-09-28

azido Wrote:cheers for trying, but unfortunately there isn't such a zip file inside that dir. seems like it doesn't get that one from tvdb and that's the cause for decompressing faults - what isn't there, can't be decompressed Huh

@fekker, another one:

thanks for coding in the ability to save different fanart.jpgs to the season folders. thing is, i'm german, so my season dirs are called STAFFEL 1, STAFFEL 2 and so on. Using your saving routine gets me additional dirs called Season 1, Season 2 for every fanart saving.

Any chance you're willing to code in a dialog window asking where to drop the file instead of using a default Season x dir? Charming would be if it would point to the given TV SHOW dir by default, where the correct dir would only be one click away..
from time to time decompression fails, it's set to remove the 0k files automatically, don't remember what rev that was added in.

If i can make a simple change to the seasons dir, i'll add those folders into the check, however if it's embeded too deep into mip, it'll make it's way into UMM. I'll have a new patch out later today for mip to fix the episodes not being returned.

- azido - 2009-09-28

fekker Wrote:from time to time decompression fails, it's set to remove the 0k files automatically, don't remember what rev that was added in.

If i can make a simple change to the seasons dir, i'll add those folders into the check, however if it's embeded too deep into mip, it'll make it's way into UMM. I'll have a new patch out later today for mip to fix the episodes not being returned.

it would (in my case) just require to check for Staffel 1 instead of Season 1 (as an example).

Of course i could also just rename my dirs to use Season instead of Staffel, but that would require additional work (rescraping in xbmc) because of dir changes.

- DaveGee - 2009-09-28

It's a long-shot but do we have any Babylon 5 fans reading this thread?

If so here's my quick question:

I have the seasons all ripped and they show up fine and were all indexed by MIP. However, I also have the 5 made for TV movies...

Where do YOU (if you have them) put them?

I realize I could put them in Movies and they'd probably be recognized and cataloged but it simply 'feels wrong'?

They were never theatrical released movies, they were simply 'special' made for TV episodes that weren't part of the existing seasons. I tried making a folder called Specials (in the Babylon 5 folder) and put them inside that but MIP still didn't want anything to do with them.

Anyone?

Dave

- azido - 2009-09-28

forgive me for this technical question (i know your time is short these days):

is there any reason the usage of different source dirs for tv shows could harm the video database?

the reason i ask is:

i have several sources for tv shows (as well as for movies): online (on hdd ready to play), offline (backupped to discs) and original (yes, i've also bought a lot of tv shows on dvd).

now i would like to have

TV-SHOWS
---------SEASON 1

TV-SHOWS-OFFLINE
---------SEASON 2

TV-SHOWS-ORIGINAL
---------SEASON 3

(just examples to demonstrate the way how i would use them)

will that work? i ask because i can see i can only add one dir in mip.

- Rockgod43 - 2009-09-28

DaveGee Wrote:It's a long-shot but do we have any Babylon 5 fans reading this thread?

If so here's my quick question:

I have the seasons all ripped and they show up fine and were all indexed by MIP. However, I also have the 5 made for TV movies...

Where do YOU (if you have them) put them?

I realize I could put them in Movies and they'd probably be recognized and cataloged but it simply 'feels wrong'?

They were never theatrical released movies, they were simply 'special' made for TV episodes that weren't part of the existing seasons. I tried making a folder called Specials (in the Babylon 5 folder) and put them inside that but MIP still didn't want anything to do with them.

Anyone?

Dave

Try creating a Season 0 folder and check thetvdb.com for the episode number(s). I had some difficulty with 24 - Redemption until I listed it as 24.S00E09.Redemption and that did the trick.

- fekker - 2009-09-28

if it's a tv show, put it in tv shows with the current format for the season and episode number, this gets tricky as most are season 0 for specials, some are season 1. Check on tvdb and see what it has listed for the season and episode number and match that to the filename data for mip to pull the data.

you can add more then 1 tvshow folder to mip, short of your computer, there is no limit. If the files for the season don't exist, you will need to create blank files for the episodes.. or you could modify the show information that is displayed in xbmc in a way that you know it's on disc.

Changed in 2946 - Episode Images Fixed
- fixed tvdb image link so images should download correctly again
- added the season checks, it'll find STAFFEL and Staffel (followed by either an _ or a space), it was pretty straightforward of an addition
- cleaned up director and writer for episodes (the extra | or \ in the names)

http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_build2.1.1.2946.zip