Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- fekker - 2009-12-07

digitalhigh Wrote:Okay, just noticed that my movie outlines are displaying <div class="info-content"> in the outline descriptions...

Also, still trying to get my hands on a test copy of UMM. Tried getting into the servers a while ago and was told that no forum topics exist...

I'll look into the outline issue

for umm
http://www.teamumx.com/forum/
login
it'll be under the tester folder
pm me your username over there so i can bump your status.

Mip & Director tag, i'll have to look into that one as well, more then likely a change again to imdb.

Been tring to use only UMM (instead of MIP), as it helps iron out the issues, so haven't give MIP much love lately.

We do hope to have another build of umm's core ready soon, still sorting out the images (gets trickey when UMM supports many different media centers and a bunch of extra image types and can be configured for almost any image)

- User 42580 - 2009-12-07

fekker Wrote:Been tring to use only UMM (instead of MIP), as it helps iron out the issues, so haven't give MIP much love lately.

Thx!
I do understand that the focus is now on UMM. But I stll love MIP.
Thx again for your fantastic work on both apps.

- BarryAllen - 2009-12-07

Hey guys.
I'm using version 2.1.1.2952 and have some problems.
whenever i try to get information about a movie, for example home alone, i never get the Mpaa-rating, studio, director.
Its also weird that i don't see the studio-flag at aeon.
this is how it always looks after the search (this applies to all the other movies):

- Halibutt - 2009-12-08

Another unscannable show (in addition to "How I unleashed WWII" I already reported here; version 2952). The original 1984 "V" series. MIP simply doesn't find it (perhaps too short a title?).

I prepared a basic tvshow.nfo file myself and added there only the title and codes for IMDB and TVDB, and it finally worked. BTW, my hand-made .nfo is this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tvshow xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <title>V (1984)</title>
  <id>tt0086822</id>
  <tvdbid>76354</tvdbid>
</tvshow>
Cheers

- Tobai - 2009-12-16

I know this is 'old' product and hoping the new UMM will be as great. For now, I'm still using MIP.

Recently, I accidentally deleted my 'windows' drive so I had a a full clean reinstall. I was running MIP 2.0.1.2870 which worked fine, abit slow but fine none the less.

Well, after fully patching up my new XP install via MS updates, I needed to put MIP back. I'm now running 2.1.1.2952, the latest version from what I can see. But not everything is the same. I only use movies. No TVShows, Home Movies or anything else, just movies. My only 2 issues which never happened before are these.

1. Cover art which always showed up in the upper left corner of the movie tab (the folder.jpg I believe) does not always appear. Even if one exists in the folder I have to click on Posters and select something before it shows up. But not all the time. I have tried checking with and without 'Show TBN for Current Movie' and it's not doing anything for that.

2. Previously, whenever there was no 'nfo' in the movie directory, a screen would come up with a listing of movies and allow me to click to select the right one from imdb. Based on the directory name of the movie, it'll show the likely matches. Now it seems to automatically pick the 'most popular' result. How can I bring that 'movie listing' back. It has come up a few times so I know it's still available. The reason is, even tho automatic would probably be more beneficial to more people and probably pretty accurate, alot of my movies are not the 'most popular' ones that gets returned which means I have to go and manually set the imdb number. This is actually slower and more work involved. If the imdb number exist in an nfo/txt, naturally it should use that but allow me to pick one if nothing is there. That's the way my old install worked, but not now.

Both of these seems like very simple options I must be missing something somewhere. I just cannot find where these settings are. Can anyone help bring me back to where I had things before?

- fekker - 2009-12-18

I've been swamped with umm dev, trying to get things in the core sorted and stable (it's getting there)..

for the imdb data, imdb did change the format, so i'll need to patch that

for tvshows, for both umm and mip, create a tvdbid.txt file and put just the tvdbid in there.. both will pickup and use those id's for the show

Quote:1. Cover art which always showed up in the upper left corner of the movie tab (the folder.jpg I believe) does not always appear. Even if one exists in the folder I have to click on Posters and select something before it shows up.
make sure you have show movie.tbn enabled in the settings

Quote:2. Previously, whenever there was no 'nfo' in the movie directory, a screen would come up with a listing of movies
changed after mutliple user requests, no user selectable option, only option is to revert to a different version of mip that didn't automatically do that

- fekker - 2009-12-18

MIP 2.1.1.3000 patch - requires build 2952
http://www.mediainfoplus.com/mipupdate/downloads/mip_3000_patch_requires_2952.zip

fixed imdb wasn't returning
- studio
- mpaa
fixed <div> tag junk in outline field

tested director, field is pulling data

This will prob be the last build of MIP, i recommend getting in on the UMM pre-alpha and providing feedback and bug reports and ideas on how to make it better.

- davewantsmoore - 2009-12-21

fekker Wrote:there's some info up on the sourceforge wiki on how to use it under wine and what versions work (some newer ones broke some things)

Hi. I'm probably going to be embarrassed, but I can't find your "sourceforce wiki". I am looking for information as to how to run MIP using WINE on Linux.

Can you point this out for me please?

- fekker - 2009-12-21

davewantsmoore Wrote:Hi. I'm probably going to be embarrassed, but I can't find your "sourceforce wiki". I am looking for information as to how to run MIP using WINE on Linux.

Can you point this out for me please?

Look like the wiki is gone from sourceforge (no idea where it went)

Short install notes for Mip under linux.
Install Wine (latest rev)
use winetricks to install .net
go here and scroll down to the HOWTO section.
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3754

Another option, sign up for UMM and test out the pre-alpha linux version (you'll need to install mono 2.4.2.3 or higher)

- davewantsmoore - 2009-12-22

fekker Wrote:Short install notes for Mip under linux.

Thankyou!

- mkoby - 2009-12-22

fekker Wrote:Another option, sign up for UMM and test out the pre-alpha linux version (you'll need to install mono 2.4.2.3 or higher)

I'd love to get in on the pre-alpha for UMM especially if there is a native Linux version available.

My username on the Team UMX Forums is the same as it is here (mkoby).

If you could somehow allow me access, I can promise to use the heck out of the thing since I'm in the process of ripping my DVD collection to a NAS for access from XBMC and (maybe eventually) Boxee.

- Hutch - 2009-12-22

Hi all,
Trying to use MIP to scrape data for my music.

I just downloaded MediaInfoPlus_2.0.1_build2870_fullinstaller and applied the mip_2952_full patch.

However, after I select a path for my music on the first MIP screen, I get the following VB debug error:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at movieinfoplus.GettingStartedWizard.saveconfig()
   at movieinfoplus.GettingStartedWizard.OK_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.b(Object A_0, MouseEventArgs A_1)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.OnClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.MouseUp(Control c, Point pt, MouseButtons button)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewBase.MouseUp(Point pt, MouseButtons button)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewManager.MouseUp(MouseEventArgs e, Point rawPt)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
mediainfoplus
    Assembly Version: 2.1.1.2952
    Win32 Version: 2.1.1.2952
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/mediainfoplus.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL
TabControlEX
    Assembly Version: 0.0.3216.38616
    Win32 Version: 0.0.3216.38616
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/TabControlEX.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

- Kieron - 2009-12-23

Hi all, I've got a question - why is the GUI so terrible?

- fekker - 2009-12-24

Hutch Wrote:Hi all,
Trying to use MIP to scrape data for my music.

I just downloaded MediaInfoPlus_2.0.1_build2870_fullinstaller and applied the mip_2952_full patch.

However, after I select a path for my music on the first MIP screen, I get the following VB debug error:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at movieinfoplus.GettingStartedWizard.saveconfig()
   at movieinfoplus.GettingStartedWizard.OK_Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.KryptonButton.b(Object A_0, MouseEventArgs A_1)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.OnClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ButtonController.MouseUp(Control c, Point pt, MouseButtons button)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.ViewManager.MouseUp(MouseEventArgs e, Point rawPt)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.VisualControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
mediainfoplus
    Assembly Version: 2.1.1.2952
    Win32 Version: 2.1.1.2952
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/mediainfoplus.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/ComponentFactory.Krypton.Toolkit.DLL
TabControlEX
    Assembly Version: 0.0.3216.38616
    Win32 Version: 0.0.3216.38616
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/mediainfoplus/TabControlEX.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

try adding something to movies, and leave music empty, once the app starts up, go into the settings and add the music..

(basically it seems the wizard is busted again)

For those that don't like the UI, i invite you to a) make your own, it's open source after all.. or b) submit feedback and ui suggestions to the UI Dev Team for UMM, the active unified cross platform media manager project.

- Kieron - 2009-12-24

fekker Wrote:try adding something to movies, and leave music empty, once the app starts up, go into the settings and add the music..

(basically it seems the wizard is busted again)

For those that don't like the UI, i invite you to a) make your own, it's open source after all.. or b) submit feedback and ui suggestions to the UI Dev Team for UMM, the active unified cross platform media manager project.

I joined earlier today and am awaiting confirmation. Simplicity does it - no silly graphics, no silly fonts, etc.

Hope to help as much as I can fekker Smile