Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- MrDVD - 2009-04-03

Hallo fekker, i got yesterday a new .ts file and it looks like that the filename rename didnt work on .ts files.

- pletopia - 2009-04-03

okay .. i must have setup something wrong .. cause it is not pulling ANY data from imdb for me

i open up MIP, hit load movies .. this populates the window on the left with my movie directories and i double click a movie

all that happens is, my "scene" nfo gets renamed to *.nfo.<garbagedata>.old, the Movie Title box on the right gets filled in with the dirname of the movie and the imdb box gets filled in with proper ID (which i figure it parsed out of the "scene" .nfo i had in there) and the media info box gets filled in with the specs of my movie file

thats it .. no data from imdb like rating, votes, plot, cast, etc Sad

- Dilligaf - 2009-04-03

Sometime after 2133 the fanart tab stopped getting populated and won't show fanart. A popup comes up saying new fanart is available, but it can't be viewed.

Another issue I'm having is fanart isn't displayed on the home screen when movies are loaded, if I assign art it's visible on the home screen for that movie until a reload, this has been happening for as long as I've used the program. Is fanart supposed to be displayed on the home screen for all movies? My movies are DVD rips in the structure Drive-root/Moviename/video_ts/vob-and-ifos on a windows share not mapped to a drive letter. MIP writes all files twice, once to the video_ts directory and once to the Moviename directory which is weird, XBMC reads from the video_ts directory so the files in the Moviename directory are useless clutter. Personally I feel that only the DVD structure should be in the video_ts directory and all other files should be in the moviename directory and most programs follow that but not XBMC. Thanks for all the hard work.

Mike

One last question....When do you sleepHuh?http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies2/biggrin9gp.gif

- pletopia - 2009-04-03

pletopia Wrote:okay .. i must have setup something wrong .. cause it is not pulling ANY data from imdb for me

i open up MIP, hit load movies .. this populates the window on the left with my movie directories and i double click a movie

all that happens is, my "scene" nfo gets renamed to *.nfo.<garbagedata>.old, the Movie Title box on the right gets filled in with the dirname of the movie and the imdb box gets filled in with proper ID (which i figure it parsed out of the "scene" .nfo i had in there) and the media info box gets filled in with the specs of my movie file

thats it .. no data from imdb like rating, votes, plot, cast, etc Sad
okay .. very strange .. i loaded it up again .. and now its pulling data from imdb .. i'm SOOOO confused .. but i like it Smile

one more quesiton .. how can i get it to pull more then just the first actor ??
the couple nfo's i was able to make so far .. all i get is the first actor from the list and nothing more

- markiz - 2009-04-03

fekker Wrote:prob the easiest thing is to move your files into the top level, this way xbmc can also stack them, and it's going to make scraping easier.

so from
movie-folder1
-- cd1
---- movie-name.cd1.rar
---- movie-name.cd1.r0x
-- cd2
---- movie-name.cd2.rar
---- movie-name.cd2.r0x

to
movie-folder1
-- movie-name.cd1.rar
-- movie-name.cd1.r0x
-- movie-name.cd2.rar
-- movie-name.cd2.r0x

that's assuming movie-folder1 is an actual movie specific folder

I'm unable to do that. It's a scene release, I guess the filenaming conventions follows a "standard". Anyway, I'm still seeding it.

XBMC knows how to handle this automatically when using the library and scanning for new content...

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-03

markiz Wrote:I'm unable to do that. It's a scene release, I guess the filenaming conventions follows a "standard". Anyway, I'm still seeding it.

XBMC knows how to handle this automatically when using the library and scanning for new content...

I'm in the same boat as you, whereas I have downloaded files that can't be touched until I've reached the same ratio.

However, I got really tired of trying to tell xbmc how to deal with the naming. The problem with scene releases is they don't really follow one standard...different groups will tag different things as they see fit.

End point...I've got one smaller hdd where I keep my active downloads, and a bigger hdd where my final collections reside. It took me a while to get in the habit, but now I always make sure to extract just the movie files to the movie drive and then run MIP over them first thing.

IMHO...it's a major pain to try to work around scene stuff...better to just get what I need and keep the two seperate...

- markiz - 2009-04-03

digitalhigh Wrote:I'm in the same boat as you, whereas I have downloaded files that can't be touched until I've reached the same ratio.

However, I got really tired of trying to tell xbmc how to deal with the naming. The problem with scene releases is they don't really follow one standard...different groups will tag different things as they see fit.

End point...I've got one smaller hdd where I keep my active downloads, and a bigger hdd where my final collections reside. It took me a while to get in the habit, but now I always make sure to extract just the movie files to the movie drive and then run MIP over them first thing.

IMHO...it's a major pain to try to work around scene stuff...better to just get what I need and keep the two seperate...

I don't have any problems with XBMC. I've put this in my advancedsettings.xml - and I think MIP has settings to handle this:

Quote:<cleantokens>divx|xvid|3ivx|ac3|ac351|dts|mp3|wma|m4a|mp4|aac|ogg|scr|ts|sharereactor|dvd|dvdrip|real|proper|nordic|pal|complete|dvdr|digitally|remastered|se|unrated|diamond|imbt|limited|boxset|swedish|fi|audio|classic|pukka|svd|bifos|amiable|schizo|thewretched|island|nedivx|arrow|afo|lrc|done|fleshlight|bien|dnb|flaite|bestdivx|alliance|dash|moa</cleantokens>

The only problem seems to be CD1/CD2 folders. XBMC handle this correctly by default.

- djh_ - 2009-04-03

Nice job on the studio flags, fekker. Worked a treat without touching the existing ones.

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-03

markiz Wrote:I don't have any problems with XBMC. I've put this in my advancedsettings.xml - and I think MIP has settings to handle this:

The only problem seems to be CD1/CD2 folders. XBMC handle this correctly by default.

Guess I'm just a purist...I test my lib against XBMC on a lot of different machines, and I'm too lazy to have to keep track of the custom advancedsettings.xml and install it on every instance of XBMC I encounter. It works better (for me) to be able to plug my external HDD into w/e I'm testing on, tell it to scan, and be done with it.

Different strokes for different folks, as my keyboarding teacher used to say. Wink

Edit: Looks like your string is missing "prevail", "readnfo", "camera", "optic", "mVs", "coalition"...

- webmosher - 2009-04-03

Dilligaf Wrote:Sometime after 2133 the fanart tab stopped getting populated and won't show fanart. A popup comes up saying new fanart is available, but it can't be viewed.

Another issue I'm having is fanart isn't displayed on the home screen when movies are loaded, if I assign art it's visible on the home screen for that movie until a reload, this has been happening for as long as I've used the program. Is fanart supposed to be displayed on the home screen for all movies? My movies are DVD rips in the structure Drive-root/Moviename/video_ts/vob-and-ifos on a windows share not mapped to a drive letter. MIP writes all files twice, once to the video_ts directory and once to the Moviename directory which is weird, XBMC reads from the video_ts directory so the files in the Moviename directory are useless clutter. Personally I feel that only the DVD structure should be in the video_ts directory and all other files should be in the moviename directory and most programs follow that but not XBMC. Thanks for all the hard work.

Mike

One last question....When do you sleepHuh?http://forum.xbmc.org/images/smilies2/biggrin9gp.gif

While I was pulling stuff last night, TMDB seemed to die a bit here and there. With Aeon releasing its new version, I suspect many people might be trying out fan art loading and causing a bit more load on their servers. Or... they were just having some issues. This might be the problem you are having.

One thing though, and this might be a feature request: IF you load a big list of posters or fanart and have to scroll down to find the right one, the next time you goto the list, you stay scrolled down. This sometimes looks like no art is loaded, but if you scroll up, there it is. Would it be possible to reset the scroll if a new movie is selected?

Thanks.

- Hitcher - 2009-04-03

TVdb are moving servers so expect problems.

- fekker - 2009-04-03

paul Wrote:Hi fekker i downloaded the full install package from sourceforge and installed it but for some reason it will not run. The splash screen comes up then after a few seconds it crashes, i have sent an error report to microsoft, as i am running windows XP pro service pack 3 with .net framework 3 installed and is totally upto date. any suggestions on how i can get this working.
ps i also uninstalled my older version of movie info plus that did work.? thanks
if your using 32bit xp, grab the portable version off sourceforge and extract it somewhere, then grab the latest patch version and extract those files to the same directory.

run mediainfoplus.exe and see if you still have the issue

if your running 64bit, you'll need a few different files that are 64bit compatible

the portable version was created by installing to a directory and then putting that directory into a zip file. MIP doesn't require any registry links or anything, (except for the uninstaller), it's all in the config.xml

Quote:MIP writes all files twice, once to the video_ts directory and once to the Moviename directory which is weird, XBMC reads from the video_ts directory so the files in the Moviename directory are useless clutter. Personally I feel that only the DVD structure should be in the video_ts directory and all other files should be in the moviename directory and most programs follow that but not XBMC
It does double the files for now, that was the work around I needed to put into place without restructuring how i read and load data, at one point xbmc would pick up everything except the .nfo file from the main folder, but that didnt' work last I tried, so i double the files up, which covers almost all versions of xbmc so the data loads all the time.
I'm sure I'll revisit how that works after 9.04 is out.

As to fanart not loading, is anyone else having that issue?
----

For all others having weird issues with things, make sure your running 2838 as there have been a ton of changes on how things are handled.

as for sleep, who needs it Big Grin

- I'm aware of the mpaa issue and looking into it, somewhere along the lines that got borked up with all the recent changes.. more then likely about the time i added the certification option.

- I'm also going to add additional checks to tvshows to make sure that it has the zip and banners and that it catches those 0k files.

- For the tab controls I would love to use the component factory version, it works much better and allows more options, scrolls properly, expands only when needed (which fixes the autoexpand thing), however that component can't be used in an open source application, so i'll have to figure out how to override the tabs and expand the class.. I've got a bunch of things I wanna do before touching those Big Grin - I'll add it to MIP 3's feature list.

Can't get all the flags - Radikaltimes - 2009-04-03

Hey guys .. don't know if i should be post this in the aeon forum .. but here my it goes.

i'm using MIP with the latest built .. and aeon Stark .091
i run MIP over my test folder (14 movies there) configure all the necessary fields include the support skin flagging

but the only flags show for all the movies is the video and sound info ( 1080p, 720p, DTS , dolby digital..etc)

no studio or media type flags are showing (bluray , dvd , etc)

media is organize as follow

Movies
|Planet of the apes (1968)
|movie.nfo
|fanart.jpg
|Planet of the Apes (1968)-fanart.jpg
|folder.jpg
|Planet of the Apes (1968).mkv

Any advise will be greatly appreciate.

Thank you

- fekker - 2009-04-03

Radikaltimes Wrote:Hey guys .. don't know if i should be post this in the aeon forum .. but here my it goes.

i'm using MIP with the latest built .. and aeon Stark .091
i run MIP over my test folder (14 movies there) configure all the necessary fields include the support skin flagging

but the only flags show for all the movies is the video and sound info ( 1080p, 720p, DTS , dolby digital..etc)

no studio or media type flags are showing (bluray , dvd , etc)

media is organize as follow

Movies
|Planet of the apes (1968)
|movie.nfo
|fanart.jpg
|Planet of the Apes (1968)-fanart.jpg
|folder.jpg
|Planet of the Apes (1968).mkv

Any advise will be greatly appreciate.

Thank you
The disc image flag comes from the filename of the show for Aeon
The studio comes from the database, the same field as the other flags.

What do you see in the movie.nfo file for the <studio> and <studioreal> fields?

- Radikaltimes - 2009-04-03

fekker
but MIP renames the file ....i guess i have to remove that ..LOL

the nfo shows
<studio> / 720p / DTS / 6ch / deu</studio>

for mr & mrs smith for example