Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-07

wow i like miptvupdate, i had it scheduled, ddn't know how it worked! can i close the window once i have set it?

um ok any want to help re xbmc updating would really appriciate it

ok i will check that file again

again thx for your patience, i really am impressed with the app, just having teething issues

So I just scanned my library and I noticed a few things. - JRuss2k - 2009-04-07

I finally got some run time with MIP (build 2854) and noticed a few issues. Some I am sure is my own lack of knowledge but I did try to look around the interface. So in no particular order.

[Bug maybe] When using autopilot I noticed that sometimes the most popular choice doesn't show up in the list but sometimes will still be selected. Take the movie Doubt (tt0918927). Using the file Doubt.avi, Doubt does not show up in the list. In IMDB it is #1 popular title but doesnt show on the movie pick list. However, if I click cancel it is the one selected.

[Bug maybe] Speaking of cancel. So I don't see my movie listed. I really want to manually enter the IMDB ID but I could not get this to work. So I cancel. I usually have to cancel twice as the list reappears. Then it picks a random (well random to me) movie. So I have to write down the movie so I can somehow manually scrape it alter.

[Feature request/user error] How can I enter a movie manually using the IMDB ID?

[Feature request/user error] I have used autopilot but not yet used PreCache. When I click on any movie it proceeds to download files. Sometimes the multidownloader popup appears sometimes it doesn't. I prefer to let the PreCache do that when I go to bed. Can I turn the autodownloading off?

[Feature request/user error] How can I not have MIP not popup a box telling me that fanart has been downloaded?

For some movies (like 300), I see Wide Images/3D Boxes shows (52) but there is only a couple (in all selections). Batman Begins shows 485 yet I see none. Is this because I have not DLed them yet?

Movies with hyphens...is this bad? I notice that when I scrape, everything after the hyphen is ignored.

Thanks in advance,

James

put 2 files in recycle bin, specialfolder.nfo and also tried noscan but still have these two in the movie list.

S-1-5-21-3792481449-4152345425-415383838-1000
S-1-5-21-3837889396-2437553680-2418602998-1000
Very strange, any further ideas?

Also small feature request, can u add an option for start up behaviour

Display or Download

I keep opeining up to do a quick update for an episode and it then goes and tries to download fanart, thumbs etc all over again, when in display mode it doesnt do this.

- fekker - 2009-04-07

JRuss2k Wrote:I finally got some run time with MIP (build 2854) and noticed a few issues. Some I am sure is my own lack of knowledge but I did try to look around the interface. So in no particular order.

[Bug maybe] When using autopilot I noticed that sometimes the most popular choice doesn't show up in the list but sometimes will still be selected. Take the movie Doubt (tt0918927). Using the file Doubt.avi, Doubt does not show up in the list. In IMDB it is #1 popular title but doesnt show on the movie pick list. However, if I click cancel it is the one selected.

[Bug maybe] Speaking of cancel. So I don't see my movie listed. I really want to manually enter the IMDB ID but I could not get this to work. So I cancel. I usually have to cancel twice as the list reappears. Then it picks a random (well random to me) movie. So I have to write down the movie so I can somehow manually scrape it alter.

[Feature request/user error] How can I enter a movie manually using the IMDB ID?

[Feature request/user error] I have used autopilot but not yet used PreCache. When I click on any movie it proceeds to download files. Sometimes the multidownloader popup appears sometimes it doesn't. I prefer to let the PreCache do that when I go to bed. Can I turn the autodownloading off?

[Feature request/user error] How can I not have MIP not popup a box telling me that fanart has been downloaded?

For some movies (like 300), I see Wide Images/3D Boxes shows (52) but there is only a couple (in all selections). Batman Begins shows 485 yet I see none. Is this because I have not DLed them yet?

Movies with hyphens...is this bad? I notice that when I scrape, everything after the hyphen is ignored.

Thanks in advance,

James
found the issue with not showing up.. 95% have a real year in (2000) format.. and others they put whatever in .. (2008/I) ..fixed so it'll find those now

to specify a specific imdbid, you can create an .nfo file with the imdb id in it.. as long as it's tt followed by 6 or 7 digits, mip will find it.

in the gui, you have to put it into the field after scraping, and click the green refresh button next to that field

the double screen being displayed is annoying at times, but was the easiest way to allow me to use the same dialog for all areas, it just always try's to find what it's looking for.. later i'd like to have an option that when you click not here, it brings up a tmdb dialog with the search from there, or other scrapers.. just haven't got any of that done up yet.. kinda getting swamped with other things, so trying to get the bugs sorted, a few key features that I think are necessary (or i just want Big Grin ) .. those things will prob be awhile out still..

ofdb is next for major features.. i think the next build is going to work pretty good, most if not all bugs are gone, there's 4 or 5 i fixed tonight. I'm going to do an installer version for the next release and see how that goes.

- fekker - 2009-04-07

lestat1977uk Wrote:put 2 files in recycle bin, specialfolder.nfo and also tried noscan but still have these two in the movie list.

S-1-5-21-3792481449-4152345425-415383838-1000
S-1-5-21-3837889396-2437553680-2418602998-1000
Very strange, any further ideas?

Also small feature request, can u add an option for start up behaviour

Display or Download

I keep opening up to do a quick update for an episode and it then goes and tries to download fanart, thumbs etc all over again, when in display mode it doesnt do this.
try putting the files into those folders as well

i'll see about the startup option when i get the window display size items set as well, i.e. remember window size and poisition as well as where the dividers are at.

Quote:[Feature request/user error] I have used autopilot but not yet used PreCache. When I click on any movie it proceeds to download files. Sometimes the multidownloader popup appears sometimes it doesn't. I prefer to let the PreCache do that when I go to bed. Can I turn the autodownloading off?

run precache and get some z's.. it'll only have to run once and the updates will be few and far between Big Grin
should be a setting that says something like, notify me of new images.. or soemthing like that.

the wide images / box shots counter is on crack Big Grin keep forgetting to fix that one.

there's a setting to ignore everything past the - in the config for file level movies.

thx for the quick reply, that option would be great

as regards those folders they don't appear to exist!

i really confused by them

- fekker - 2009-04-07

And with that comes this..

another new build!! yeah, wippie.. whatever Big Grin
This is all fixes post 2801 to 2860, 99% of things should now be working correctly.
- known issues, the 3d box shot counter is on crack and reports back an insane amount of images when there is not that many
- special characters in folder names will cause the search to not find them, for those, please either leave them out, or put in the correct imdb id into the gui (or into a .nfo file)

New install build, should fix just about everything folks pointed out.
NOTE: you need to remove the imdb cached xmls, they are missing the certification information.
delete the folder C:\Program Files\mediainfoplus\cache\imdbcache\ .. it'll take awhile to delete that folder.

Let me say again Big Grin you must remove that folder and it's contents or you're missing out on two of the movies fields.. credits and certification.

Not sure what this is going to do under 64bit with fanart/movie poster resize or image tagging now that image magick is embedded, but try it and if it fails i'll come up with a workaround.

http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/mip/mip_fullinstaller_rev2861.rar

This is the full installer, no other files are necessary.. it should prompt you to remove the old version first, if not, no biggie, it'll overwrite the files.

For linux folks, or osx, i'll do a patch as well as a standalone (portable) version tommorrow.

mip_fullinstaller_rev2861.rar

- JRuss2k - 2009-04-07

Thanks for the replies and the new build. Going to install and start my prebed precache. Smile

- fekker - 2009-04-07

Quote:have used autopilot but not yet used PreCache. When I click on any movie it proceeds to download files. Sometimes the multidownloader popup appears sometimes it doesn't. I prefer to let the PreCache do that when I go to bed. Can I turn the autodownloading off?

oh yeah.. duh on my part.. just click on display mode and it shouldn't download anything Big Grin

miptvupdate is now not running?

new version

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-04-07

fekker, thanks for the recent fixes, gonna try last build later today.

Is there a way to pick movie from IMDb manually by name without knowing it's IMDb ID? (for manual mode, haven't tried Auto Pilot yet) Something like other programs do, first you enter movie name then choose the right one from list with matched results and that one will MIP get info for. Getting IMDb ID still requires opening a Web browser and manually searching it on IMDb site. I have no problem with this workaround for few movies, but if you need to this for whole bunch of them it's time consuming.

I have a feeling this must be already in MIP, just don't know how can I use it.

- Xan_Bie - 2009-04-07

Have a Question:

What is wrong when MIP (newest version 2861) don't want to save the tagdata for AEON in the nfo?
Other changes to nfo still work.
I don't have to make new nfos right? No
I had to paste all Plots from german database.
Btw: Would be a nice thing to have some different scraper for movie information.

Running system is 32bit Vista Ultimate.
Dun work in C: nor in other paths.
(What is recommend here?)

Edit: Same problem with older version.

- SokSimp - 2009-04-07

I run into a new problem which was - I believe - already mentioned somewhere in this post.

Two days ago I run one hard drive with tv series through mip ... everything worked find. Yesterday I run a folder on a second drive through mip ... small problems, but o.k. Now I would like to run both folders at the same time, but mip only recognizes a (seemingly random) selection of the existent series, i.e. only about 30 % of the series are recognized.

Any ideas? tks in advance!

P.S. Currently using rev 2854

- MrDVD - 2009-04-07

Xan_Bie Wrote:Have a Question:

What is wrong when MIP (newest version 2861) don't want to save the tagdata for AEON in the nfo?
Other changes to nfo still work.
I don't have to make new nfos right? No
I had to paste all Plots from german database.
Btw: Would be a nice thing to have some different scraper for movie information.

Running system is 32bit Vista Ultimate.
Dun work in C: nor in other paths.
(What is recommend here?)

Edit: Same problem with older version.

MIP didnt support other scraper atm but you can help yourself with this small Ultraedit batchfile:

1. Load this file under Macro inside Ultraedit
2. open the nfo (or all nfo you have)
3. press ctrl-alt-x

this will remove all infos from the nfo MIP created except the Mediainfos plus it will create an url to imdb at the end of the file.

Inside xbmc select OFDB as scraper (best with the highest actor picture quality) and let it scan your movies. As we have the correct imdb url inside our nfo file OFDB will find all your movies and at the end you have a german plot with the needed Mediainfos for AEON.

Use this batch at your own risk as im still on 2853 and dont know how it act with newer versions.

Here an sample final nfo file how it looks after the batch runs over it:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <fileinfo>
    <lastupdate>2009-04-06T19:54:09.96875+02:00</lastupdate>
    <version>1.3</version>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>536</height>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <formatinfo>AVC</formatinfo>
        <duration>1h 54mn 12s 708ms</duration>
        <bitrate>4 592 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode />
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.mkv</container>
        <codecid>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>2.388</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language>deu</language>
        <codec>AC-3</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>384 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <audio>
        <language>eng</language>
        <codec>AC-3</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>640 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
      <subtitle>
        <language>eng</language>
      </subtitle>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <studio>Warner Bros. Pictures / 720p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / AC-3 / 6ch / deu / subeng</studio>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1032755/

- Halibutt - 2009-04-07

A quick question: is there a way to automatically update all the skin tags, without altering my custom titles, having to download all the posters, fanart and such?
Cheers