Kodi Community Forum
Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Media Info Plus - Manage your Movies, Shows, Tunes, NFO and more (Open Source VB.NET) (/showthread.php?tid=47071)

- Montellese - 2009-04-07

Similar question from me: How do I update all the titles, descriptions and stuff without doing it manually for every movie? I thought it would be the Auto Pilot function but either I'm too stupid to use it or it doesn't work the way I expect it to.

I deleted the imdbcache folder and started Auto Pilot but none of the movies containing a text with the special character problem changed. But when I hit "Refresh" manually it works great.

What am I missing?

- craigd - 2009-04-07

I could be wrong but I'd imagine it won't update incorrect titles as then you'd lose any custom titles?

off of this though would there be any way with MIP to get a newly added button so you can seen only movies added that session? Would mean you could easily update individual titles/wrong movies easily before scanning into xbmc

- lestat1977uk - 2009-04-07

hey guys anyone else having problems with miptvupdater and the new build, doesn't run for me

Also no episode thumbs in TV, is this just me?

This happens with both

Heroes S03E22
24 S07E17

Both new today/last night

wierd i played about with it, updated , reloaded and went to tvdb to look to see if ep thumb was there (it was) went back to list and it had appeared!

why is that?

- smcnally75 - 2009-04-07

Maybe the thumb wasn't on thetvdb.com when you first tried it?

yeah that may be it

btw anyone having probs with miptvupdater, since new build it won't run at all

- digitalhigh - 2009-04-07

smcnally75 Wrote:Maybe the thumb wasn't on thetvdb.com when you first tried it?

Kinda sounds that way to me. Nod

craigd Wrote:I could be wrong but I'd imagine it won't update incorrect titles as then you'd lose any custom titles?

That's correct, but it doesn't update the tagline and plot either.

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-04-07

most of the characters were fixed, thanks but Runtime still gets wrong characters.
Code:
director's cut
instead of director's cut for example, same character is OK when in title.

Manual Mode:
I'm not getting any data for studio (realstudio), certification or writers quite a lot... Have to refresh movie again to get them.

- fekker - 2009-04-07

ezechiel1917 Wrote:fekker, thanks for the recent fixes, gonna try last build later today.

Is there a way to pick movie from IMDb manually by name without knowing it's IMDb ID? (for manual mode, haven't tried Auto Pilot yet) Something like other programs do, first you enter movie name then choose the right one from list with matched results and that one will MIP get info for. Getting IMDb ID still requires opening a Web browser and manually searching it on IMDb site. I have no problem with this workaround for few movies, but if you need to this for whole bunch of them it's time consuming.

I have a feeling this must be already in MIP, just don't know how can I use it.
Mip will search the imdb and display a list of items to pick from with details on those items.. it's the same search results as if you searched on imdb.
There's also the rename tab which will allow you to rename the movie in the application.
-- does that answer the question?

Skin based tagging support
Skin based tagging support is not enabled by default.. open up the settings and click on Skin based tagging support to enable it.
Run auto-pilot, click on the update media information only to update that portion of the .nfo files, leaving the rest of the file alone.

TV Show updates
if the miptvupdate.exe was running during the update process, it may not have updated that file. What happens when you try to run it?
if it's just that it didn't find new data, and that data was just added, it might be the number of days before downloading new data in the tv show setup.. default is 5 days.. 1 day is pretty much always grab new data each time load shows is clicked, or command line runs.

Quote: could be wrong but I'd imagine it won't update incorrect titles as then you'd lose any custom titles?

off of this though would there be any way with MIP to get a newly added button so you can seen only movies added that session? Would mean you could easily update individual titles/wrong movies easily before scanning into xbmc
Today 05:54
good idea, i'll see about adding something to the app for that.. I don't store information about the movies / shows, it's all dynamic when the folder / files are read.. what i can do is put a date/time stamp in the .nfo for creation date/modified date

Correct on the title update part, it has to be refreshed.. this is done so that the customizations are not lost in that file. If nothing is custom at all, you could remove or invalidate the .nfo file.. to invalidate it, just delete some of the xml elements and mip will just pull the id from that file and create all new data.. i think refresh is abit easier.

down arrow and the 0 key on the keyboard make going through the list easier.. also you can Shift + Letter in the list to jump to that area.

Quote:Similar question from me: How do I update all the titles, descriptions and stuff without doing it manually for every movie? I thought it would be the Auto Pilot function but either I'm too stupid to use it or it doesn't work the way I expect it to.

I deleted the imdbcache folder and started Auto Pilot but none of the movies containing a text with the special character problem changed. But when I hit "Refresh" manually it works great.

What am I missing?
I didn't add the option that would allow it to push all new data to the .nfo files, is this something that would be good to have? this would reset all data in those .nfo files

- smcnally75 - 2009-04-07

Halibutt Wrote:A quick question: is there a way to automatically update all the skin tags, without altering my custom titles, having to download all the posters, fanart and such?
Cheers

Yes, select "Auto Pilot" and then just click on "Update Media Info Only"

fekker Wrote:I didn't add the option that would allow it to push all new data to the .nfo files, is this something that would be good to have? this would reset all data in those .nfo files

For me it would coz the way it is now I would have to go through 500+ movies checking every tagline etc if there is a wrong displayed character...

- ezechiel1917 - 2009-04-07

fekker Wrote:Mip will search the imdb and display a list of items to pick from with details on those items.. it's the same search results as if you searched on imdb.
There's also the rename tab which will allow you to rename the movie in the application.
-- does that answer the question?

Well, let's say I'm using folder level and have a folder named Terminator.2.1990.DVD.720p-BLABLA,
now if I don't have any .nfo in that folder with imdb url or imdb id what happens in MIP after doubleclick the directory I'm getting window NO IMDB DATA FOUND, UNABLE TO SAVE NFO FILE. Ok, so I tried entering movie title to Editable field and press Refresh or Change icon and still nothing.

I don't wanna rename the folder so MIP would recognize movie name from it, just want to be able manually enter moviename somewhere in MIP, get the list of movies, pick the right one etc...

I just can't find it if it is there already. Something intuitive as IMDB ID and refresh button next to it is what I'm looking for.

Hi Fekker

yeah thats possible, what can i do to rectify it?

I tried running again and doing a repair but didnt fix it, i don't want to start over again, what files might need updating?